CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting C Tyler Biadasz with the 146th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting C Tyler Biadasz with the 146th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyuta

Reaction score
loved the trade up.imo smarts and technique are as crucial as your athleticism for a Center and you dont have to teach them to him as a Wisconsin product.I can easily see him starting for us day 1.his only problem seems to be injuries as he has had 2 surgeries already.

Creeper

Reaction score
I like Biadasz as a player and am happy he is a Cowboy, but I would not have traded up to get him. We'll see what they get in comp picks next year, but I am always disappointed with the comp picks the Cowboys get.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I like Biadasz as a player and am happy he is a Cowboy, but I would not have traded up to get him. We'll see what they get in comp picks next year, but I am always disappointed with the comp picks the Cowboys get.
trading up was a good move we gave up nothing to get him. we were still able to land anae so it didn't matter.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Teams downgraded him on account of his January rt shoulder AC joint surgery and the fact no physical exam could be conducted on him by all teams. AC joint surgery by a top sports ortho restores full function to athletes, except to throwers, like QB's and pitchers. Tyler B will be back to full strength in 4 months from surgery. I heard him claim he is in the best shape of his life. I am sure T Frederick is directly connected to him and gave the Boys all necessary inside info necessary. This pick was a steal. Looney is best as a short term spot starter. McGovern, a well-rounded Penn State offensive lineman, should be ready to show off his talent at LG.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The problem is it’s one thing to have interior linemen like McGovern and Williams who can block and maybe played center briefly in college, but it’s another thing to say they are legitimate centers in the NFL. If the natural centers, that’s where they would have played. It’s not just the snaps and the blocking. Every guy along the line depends on the center to make the right calls and make them fast enough that there is no doubts. Looney is not good enough to cause everyone’s play to suffer. McGovern has not played one snap in the NFL and hasn’t played center in a long time. Connor has only a couple games there back in college.

This was a great pick, and I hope he wins the position and starts immediately. That allows Williams to start on the left side with Tyron unless McGovern steps up and wins the spot.

Hayseed

Reaction score
I am sure T Frederick is directly connected to him and gave the Boys all necessary inside info necessary.

BINGO! I was waiting for someone else to catch that ! Nicely done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Teams downgraded him on account of his January rt shoulder AC joint surgery and the fact no physical exam could be conducted on him by all teams. AC joint surgery by a top sports ortho restores full function to athletes, except to throwers, like QB's and pitchers. Tyler B will be back to full strength in 4 months from surgery. I heard him claim he is in the best shape of his life. I am sure T Frederick is directly connected to him and gave the Boys all necessary inside info necessary. This pick was a steal. Looney is best as a short term spot starter. McGovern, a well-rounded Penn State offensive lineman, should be ready to show off his talent at LG.
He has no connection to frederick. he knows of him but there is no relationship there.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eXvLfai.png

*Results from all five polls

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Lets see,...as someone who has been touting Badger O lineman for the last..... ohhh, 25 years or so, yeah...I LOVE the pick. BTW.....did you know that our old O line coach Bill Callahan also used to coach the Badger O line many moons ago? Sure did!

I remember you were one of the first guys to praise the Frederick pick, when everyone else was panning it. Figured you for a Wisconsin alum. Any special insights on Biadasz?

Hayseed

Reaction score
I remember you were one of the first guys to praise the Frederick pick, when everyone else was panning it. Figured you for a Wisconsin alum. Any special insights on Biadasz?
Great kid. He and one of his best friends came to the Badgers from a small div 3 school in the central " farming" part of the state. They also won a state championship together in theyre senior year in H.S. Biggest thing I can tell you........there is nowhere near the difference between he and Frederick that most think that there is. He is going to be our starter at center in Dallas this year,...I'd bet on it. The O line training he received at UW is about as good as you can get.

Hayseed

Reaction score
He has no connection to frederick. he knows of him but there is no relationship there.
I dont agree. Badger alums are thick as thieves. Not saying the two are buddies just saying that Travis is very familiar with the coaching staff at UW and the staff sure knows Biadasz...LOL

johneric8

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Tyler was my favorite pick even though I was hoping they didn't bother with getting a center. This guy has the potential to be the steal of the draft when you look at where he was taken. Winning the award that he did says a ton about this kid, and one thing I know from reading up on him is that he is a 'Good ole boy' and this is what you want in a center. He is just a hard working gritty kid whom could end up being our next Fredrick.. He patterns himself in the mold of Fredbeard and Zach Martin, he is a worker with all the intangibles. Also, my son is a pretty good center and I can tell you first hand that a true center puts in some serious work becoming good at that position and this is where Tyler thrives. This was a seriously amazing pick taken later in the draft and it was a genius move trading up to get him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I dont agree. Badger alums are thick as thieves. Not saying the two are buddies just saying that Travis is very familiar with the coaching staff at UW and the staff sure knows Biadasz...LOL
In an interview he literally said there is no relationship there outside of frederick tweeting him a congrats after he won the rimington trophy. jus cuz you jock every person that goes to your alum doesn't mean everyone does

Hayseed

Reaction score
In an interview he literally said there is no relationship there outside of frederick tweeting him a congrats after he won the rimington trophy. jus cuz you jock every person that goes to your alum doesn't mean everyone does
Did you read my post? I said its not like they are buddies,...probably doesnt know him. But the UW coaching staff know both and to me thats the relationship most important,...the coaching staff.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
You have to be naive not to think the Boys' brass did not have them --- the two former BADGER CENTERS -- have a talk or two. The fact the Boys traded back into the end of the 4th round with him in mind supports that they had an "inside" to Tyler.

tm1119

Reaction score
I think he got overrated on this board just because of the obvious Fred comparison...he’s not that level for sure. But end of 4th round is still pretty good value and he has starter potential if healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.