CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting CB Nahshon Wright with the 99th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting CB Nahshon Wright with the 99th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre11

Reaction score
Because of the wasted draft pick.
wasted draft pick how? if they wanted him and wanted to be sure to get him, how is it wasted? you know what Quinn was looking for or how he's running his defense? based on what?

Dre11

Reaction score
Picked too early means there were better players available and we made a weaker choice. I hope he does well also, but I do believe there were better picks available.
IMO Dallas should've used some of those 3rd round picks to trade up. Barmore and 1 or 2 others were available for a trade up, but we didn't even try. That's what was wrong with taking him too early.
based on what? if that's the player they wanted ,targeted. Maybe they didnt want Barmore, just because its who you wanted.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's not asking if you like the player as an UDFA or 7th round pick.
The question is do you like this guy at 99.
You can't get more blind homer than saying yes there.

Come on guys

Was he on your board in the top 100? Top 150? Top 200? For some...even Top 300?
If not, why are you saying yes here?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
based on what? if that's the player they wanted ,targeted. Maybe they didnt want Barmore, just because its who you wanted.

I answered that question once already, I'm not going to repeat it all again. You just want to argue. Whether you like it or not, a lot of people here including myself do not believe he was anywhere close to being the best player available. If he turns out to be really good, Great! But if not, then he was a waste of a good draft pick.
Personally I'm betting on the latter.

Dre11

Reaction score
I answered that question once already, I'm not going to repeat it all again. You just want to argue. Whether you like it or not, a lot of people here including myself do not believe he was anywhere close to being the best player available. If he turns out to be really good, Great! But if not, then he was a waste of a good draft pick.
Personally I'm betting on the latter.

That's not an answer, how much film?, how many games did you watch, what info into Dan Quinn defense do you have that nobody else have to know it's a wasted pick. It's not about arguing, back up your reason that it's a wasted pick, you emphatically deemed it's a wasted pick as fact.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Wright, and understand he was a reach.

But just for arguments sake, let's say the Cowboys took Jabril Cox at 99 and then opted for Wright at 115. Would their draft grades be higher with the same players, just having them selected closer to where they "should" have gone?

btcutter

Reaction score
Didn't like the pick because apparently no one except Dallas knew about him. Sounds like they could have picked him up much later. We would have used the pick on a higher rated OL prospect.

Our 6th round pick ? Mukuamu looked better on tape to me than Wright. Mukuamu has better hands and even anticipation. IMO.

btcutter

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Wright, and understand he was a reach.

But just for arguments sake, let's say the Cowboys took Jabril Cox at 99 and then opted for Wright at 115. Would their draft grades be higher with the same players, just having them selected closer to where they "should" have gone?

I get what you are saying but this means Cowboys just got LUCKY with Cox. The draft would be even WORSE if Cox wasn't there in round 4.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worst pick we made........ but I hope he turns into a star. I hear he has long arms..........

kskboys

Reaction score
wasted draft pick how? if they wanted him and wanted to be sure to get him, how is it wasted? you know what Quinn was looking for or how he's running his defense? based on what?
Man, hard to explain to someone who does not want to understand.

Drafting is about picking prospects. You mix BPA w/ Need and several teaspoons of sunshine and whiskey and you make the best decision you can w/ what's available.

Leaving better players on the board is generally not a good way to draft.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Man, hard to explain to someone who does not want to understand.

Drafting is about picking prospects. You mix BPA w/ Need and several teaspoons of sunshine and whiskey and you make the best decision you can w/ what's available.

Leaving better players on the board is generally not a good way to draft.
what if Quinn felt he was the bpa at that point?And a need. he is the one that made that evaluation, not us, and not the so called experts, that
had him projected as a later pick.

I dont give much creedence to what the experts say who make up all this projected stuff.
they miss on players all the time, thats why we have first round busts, and 4th and later round guys who become stars.
Brady is a classic example, and Dak is another recent one.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The worst draft pick ever. WE could have had him as a UDFA. He won't make the team. 6 reps bench press is the lowest I've heard of. I bet some punters or kickers can do better than that.

kskboys

Reaction score
what if Quinn felt he was the bpa at that point?And a need. he is the one that made that evaluation, not us, and not the so called experts, that
had him projected as a later pick.

I dont give much creedence to what the experts say who make up all this projected stuff.
they miss on players all the time, thats why we have first round busts, and 4th and later round guys who become stars.
Brady is a classic example, and Dak is another recent one.
Of course.

However, there are some picks that don't appear to make sense. Gavin Escobar, for instance. This one appears to be on line w/ that one.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The first thing I thought when they drafted Wright.

r7aq8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.