CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DE Chauncey Golston with the 84th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DE Chauncey Golston with the 84th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Anxious to hear why this is true.
Exactly. Rounds 3 on in this draft were kind of hit and miss as it wasn’t a deep draft talent-wise IMO. We passed on guys like Davis (head-scratcher for me) because everybody knew we needed defense. Give Golston a year in the weight room to see what he can do.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do like the player. High motor good character guy. I believe he will have a decent career in the NFL as a rotation guy or backup.

I do think there were better players on the board at other positions and I think a better player at DE went after him in Ronnie Perkins.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
For the Golston fan club...

He had a round 5 to 7 projection. Ok. Round 3 is a big reach. I bet you guys loved grabbing Hill in round 2 as well.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
How about you use the Google and see where he was projected to go? If you find a 3rd round projection I will buy you a pony.

I haven't seen a 3rd round projection but PFF gave him a 4th round projection so it isn't a huge reach. When you combine that with the fact the Cowboys got two steals in the 4th, I don't mind the pick there if they needed a run defender.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I haven't seen a 3rd round projection but PFF gave him a 4th round projection so it isn't a huge reach. When you combine that with the fact the Cowboys got two steals in the 4th, I don't mind the pick there if they needed a run defender.
Shelvin, Molden, Tufele to name a few still on the board. I don’t want to belabor the point. It’s done. I will end with the guy is projected to be a rotational guy. No one thinks he is going to be an impact defender. They could have done much better.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I like the pick but could have been had later. Wright could have been had in the 6th. Don’t understand why they took either in the 3rd. That’s my biggest issue with the drafting is they took guys on nobody’s radar as if they were hot commodities.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said yes but I have no clue why lol.
sounds like they could have done better than this guy, so why did they pick him in 3rd?? must be a reason.
This is what media people should be asking the jones boys or quinn or MM

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to do these polls before the draft.

Bet ya some likes that if the hypothetical of Golston in round 3 was presented on April 28 it would get near unanimously rejected.

But team draft him. I love team. Good decision.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Golston elevated his stock to top 100 in offseason workouts where he impressed coaches and scouts with his speed and power.

This is not a flashy player, but he's consistent and has a high motor. He was drafted right around where he should have been and will be a quality rotational piece that should allow the Cowboys to move on from Dorance Armstrong at the least. At the most he becomes a servicable starter someday.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is it with you guys. Google him and see where he was projected to go.
Because this is silly. You gotta use google to determine how high someone should go? You are basically using the opinion of someone who didn’t see him play or scout him vs a organization that did and liked him.....I just don’t understand it and never will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Shelvin, Molden, Tufele to name a few still on the board. I don’t want to belabor the point. It’s done. I will end with the guy is projected to be a rotational guy. No one thinks he is going to be an impact defender. They could have done much better.
All of these guys are expected to be rotational guys. How many impact defenders do teams find in round 3? You guys are being unrealistic.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like the pick but could have been had later. Wright could have been had in the 6th. Don’t understand why they took either in the 3rd. That’s my biggest issue with the drafting is they took guys on nobody’s radar as if they were hot commodities.
They followed their board. Not the board of bloggers so it’s gonna look different than these mock drafts....people have to understand these mock drafts aren’t done by actual people who scouted these guys.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I hope he proves worthy of the 3rd rd. pick. Right now I just don't know. I'm a bit skeptical, but Iowa had a good defense. We'll see. Iowa had a good DT Daviyon Nixon that would've been the better pick, but they passed him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.