CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting LB Micah Parsons with the 12th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting LB Micah Parsons with the 12th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Reaction score
Wish there was a "Cautiously optimistic and waiting to see how he does during the regular season" option.

ultron

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone had Horn and Surtain going 8th and 9th, so the Cowboys had to act fast and make a decision that may have even caught them a bit off guard because I really don’t feel like they felt like they’d have to move up to 7th or 8th to ‘reach’ for a corner (trust me... people on the board & media would’ve lost their crap and DOGGED the Cowboys if they moved up and took one of those 2 corners without hindsight being 20/20 because EVERYONE would’ve said Horn or Surtain would’ve surely been there at pick 10 so why did they move up and “waste” a 2nd or 3rd rounder [at best] to move up - when they “didn’t have to”).

With that being said - they ended up picking a guy that has a real chance to become the greatest linebacker in franchise history (that’s how good this kid could be). To me - It shows that Dan Quinn sees what a lot of us see when it comes to Jaylon Smith and he probably would’ve saved the Cowboys quite a bit of money and cap space had he been the D-coordinator 2 years ago. Parsons will be our Bobby Wagner and he’s bigger, faster, and potentially has better coverage skills than Wagner.

Can you really be mad about this pick considering the circumstances? The way the board fell it came down to Slater and Parsons - so your answer should depend on who you’d rather have on this team. To me Parsons’ size and speed in the middle of the field simply makes this team better than adding an offensive guard.

BTW - Nick Saban wanted Parsons BADLY and Parsons chose Penn State over Alabama.

Last edited:

cheyennes

Reaction score
I want Surtain , I think he can be great player and was a panic trade . We get another 3 and dont get nothing

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes but like with all new prospects, I reserve my right to change my mind... wait and see mode, if you will. ;)

cheyennes

Reaction score
Surtain was chosen already, not sure if you’re aware another franchise took him a pick before us, so therefore he can’t be picked again.

Denver, but he was my target , and we lost .
I'm ok with Parson and extra pick

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys worked the draft properly. Picked up the best defensive player in the draft and an additional pick.

Chuck Norris do you approve?

giphy.gif

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Even though they are lying about him being their number one target
What makes you think he wasn’t when EVERYTHING points to just that?
Do you think Cowboys would go out of their way to say surtain and horn to media for weeks knowing that would get teams jumpy to pick them ahead of Cowboys if they actually wanted them?
It was a smokescreen to drop Micah down a few slots because Micah should not of been there at 10 let alone 12

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was in the Surtain camp but I am not disappointed in getting Parsons. I think this guy can be a big impact player be it run defense or getting after the QB. I will not be surprised to see him get snaps occasionally at DE in pass rushing situation. I think Parsons has the size, strength and speed to have a big impact on this defense.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted one of the two CBs, Sewell or Pitts.
Neither were there for us to take and I did not want to spend the price to move up and get one.

So what was left I wanted Slater or Parsons. We got Parsons and a trade down. I don't care the eagles got D.Smith because if we did not trade with them, the giants would have taken him.

What I dislike in all of this is that there were not Legit DE or DTs worthy of the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.