CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting LB Micah Parsons with the 12th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting LB Micah Parsons with the 12th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Hoping we catch lightning in a bottle and all these guys w “character issues” result in a ruthless, no-quit defensive attitude. Not expecting that, but hoping.

Praxit

Reaction score
..he sounds promising. Since LVE is always hurt and Jaylon is in the wrong gaps, Micah is breath of fresh air, hopefully.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
LB - 6'3/245 - 4.3 (40)
CB - 6'1/190 - 4.3 (40)

Now that's insane. A 6'3 245lb Linebacker running basically the same as a speedy much smaller corner.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Just my own personal feelings.
I don't like using such a premium pick on a LB. I just don't think it's a premium position, just because you see a lot of lower picks at LB performing really well in the right situations. On Defense, for me at least, premium positions would be Corner and Edge, and DT if there is just an absolute monster available (which this year there was not, nor was there a top Edge prospect)
That being said, I think Micah is a speciman and I think he will have immediate impact on the run D (and even in the passing game as a blitzer), so I'm not complaining. I just personally think Bolton was almost as good as Micah, and he went 58th (plus look at where really good prospects like Browing and Cox and Werner went), so my personal preference would have been to trade back and stockpile day 2 picks with the corners off the board. Like maybe move back to Newsome or one of the Georgia corners, and get additional draft capital (I really liked Slater too, reminds me so much of Zach Martin). But hey, hindsight is always 20/20, so overall, I'm excited to see Micah in action and I think he will be really impactful player for our D and a building block for the future.
I'm also very happy they addressed LB and didn't act like it wasn't a need. I was afraid of that because Jerry just seems to have his favorites and doesn't like to admit he was wrong, and I was worried he was not looking objectively at Jaylon and LVE, and this pick shows he did (look objectively at the position).

quickccc

Reaction score
Parson: With the top two CBs gone and a draft class was not impressive at the top and throughout, I have no problem with drafting the next best defensive player on the board.
I ignore talk that Cowboys had planned to draft Parsons ahead of the CBs, even if Parson graded over Horn/Surtain, I’m totally convinced team was poised to draft either CB ahead of Parsons.

I’ve concerned that Parson is a free lancer that lacks discipline, and I do have concerns about his coverage skills. How much can be coached up, vs concerns over a lacking knack for coverages,
will have to be find out eventually.

Some fans want to compare Parson to be Buc's stud LB Devin White- but I dunno if Parson is near that sheer instinctive and adept in coverage as White is.

What I expect is Quinn will make the best of his greatest strength: downhill forward to the ball, and bringing him on multiple blitzes, the less he’s asked to drop and cover one on one the better.
But its’ scary when some similarities sounds so much about Jaylon.
The one obvious big physical differences between the two are Parson can quickly plant-cut and change directions – Jaylon cannot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Never doubted his talent, just concerned about whether he will become "softer" because he's in Dallas.
But if he can transcend the culture (soft, undisciplined, celebrity-seeking, meddling owner as coach, etc.), this was a great pick. We've really not had a consistently dominant linebacker since Ken Norton Jr. (I consider DeMarcus Ware more a defensive end).
I'm cautious but on board.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I was ecstatic. You can see the change in philosophy with Quinn at the helm on d.
because with Quinn we are gonna be "Really physical," and we will " Never be outworked," right? bahahahahahahah..... I bet Matt Patricia said something similar when he took over the Lions.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not who I wanted but i'll take the trade back and getting who they had as the best defender on their board.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He wasn’t my first choice but I’ll gladly take him.

‘You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you’ll find you get what you need.’

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Absolutely, our LBs were MIA last year. Teams are going to have to game plan for him and know where he lines up on each play. He upgrades our run defense and pass rush.
Our entire Defense was MIA last year and The Oline was also MIA last year as well as lots of backups being MIA The team is lots better than what we witnessed last season

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes! easy answer .......in fact, I probably would have selected this kid even with Horn and Surtain avail. Why........this kid/selection makes an immediate impact on our run defense, the worst in the league.
Nearly all evaluations \ rankings on collegiate players eligible for the 2021 draft graded Micah Parsons as the top-rated defensive prospect. He was predicted
as being the first pick on defense 95% of the time (and 99% of the time to the Lions).
I'm on board with this selection.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm beyond happy with this pick. Parsons isn't just another linebacker, he has the potential to be a generational talent like a Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher. Anything you want a linebacker to do, he ticks all the boxes.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I wanted to trade further down, and take Moehrig, then Joseph, and Cox. :( However, Parsons is by no means a bad player or pick.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Eh getting the extra pick makes this palatable. But I would still have liked to get some OL help instead if you are looking for depth. I'm not sure Parsons is good enough to play right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.