CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting LB Micah Parsons with the 12th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting LB Micah Parsons with the 12th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm hoping he can reach his potential and become the first Cowboys linebacker to get in the Hall Of Fame.

We've never had a LB in the HOF? I didn't know that. I thought at least we'd have had Randy White in. Google search says he is in. Still, I hope Parsons makes the HOF.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We've never had a LB in the HOF? I didn't know that. I thought at least we'd have had Randy White in. Google search says he is in. Still, I hope Parsons makes the HOF.
Randy White was a DT. He did start his career off as a MLB but it was quickly apparent that he wasn’t going to succeed there. They moved him to DT and the rest is history.

White absolutely isn’t in the HOF as a LB. He’s a DT 100%.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Randy White was a DT. He did start his career off as a MLB but it was quickly apparent that he wasn’t going to succeed there. They moved him to DT and the rest is history.

White absolutely isn’t in the HOF as a LB. He’s a DT 100%.

That move definitely saved face for the Cowboys, given that they passed on Walter Payton to take the Manster.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That move definitely saved face for the Cowboys, given that they passed on Walter Payton to take the Manster.
I didn’t realize that they passed on him… a little before my time.

But yeah, salvaging something out of a mistake at LB was nice. Getting a HOF player out if it was even better.

Weird to think that Randy ever failed at anything.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that they passed on him… a little before my time.

But yeah, salvaging something out of a mistake at LB was nice. Getting a HOF player out if it was even better.

Weird to think that Randy ever failed at anything.

This was a little before my time too, 4 years before I was born. But when I was doing research for an upcoming book project, I read that the Cowboys were torn between Sweetness and Manster.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This was a little before my time too, 4 years before I was born. But when I was doing research for an upcoming book project, I read that the Cowboys were torn between Sweetness and Manster.
I never heard that. That would’ve meant that Tony Dorsett would’ve never been a Cowboy… nor Randy White.

Status
Not open for further replies.