Are you hopeful for the future?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
They have good young talent and despite what nancies will tell you, Dak Prescott is a very good QB. They have a lot of pieces to win with but they have no identity right now.
Actually they DO have an identify but it's not the identity any of us wants.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
No. The Cowboys have had teams capable of making a SB run 4 times in the post-Aikman era. 07, 14, 16, and 21. All of them fell painfully short of the Super Bowl. That's four times in 26 years that they had a team good enough to win it all, and they never even made an NFC Championship game. I'm gonna be 50 this year. That means in my remaining lifetime, the Cowboys will have 3 or 4 teams good enough for a Super Bowl run before I'm in the ground. How the hell can I be hopeful with that math?

perrykemp

Reaction score
They have a ton of money invested in players who are paid like top 3 in their position who don't play to that level:

Dak
Lawrence
Zeke
Cooper

It's a problem. They are all fine players, but their play is not worthy of their contracts.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I mean, Jerry did leave his suite before the game even ended. He huffed and puffed his way to the locker room. I sure hope he gets on a drunken rampage and makes some drastic moves.

He should. Inexcusable performance from key players and “leaders” that he has invested a ton of resources in.

He knows this was likely their best shot with Dak on his current deal. Got a lot of tough decisions to make in the offseason

CoachD

Reaction score
To win football games you need to be disciplined and that ain't happening in Dallas!

cowboyec

Reaction score
yes and no.
coaches change.
same players.
we come up short.
more than jaylon smith need to be changed.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm always optimistic about things in life. But, the Cowboys? Nah...not optimistic about the future.

75boyz

Reaction score
Nope, this was the year.

Gotta Get Paid Top QB money Dak gonna suck all the talent off the team.

Can't win paying a QB that much unless he is a true game changer. Dak ain't that.

Next 3 years gonna be back to .500 or worse ball.

I agree with ya.
And to add to it all the other stuff they will be facing like 1st place schedule, possible loss of coaches, free agent losses and overall team health/injury luck while another year older are some concerns as well.

jmo

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Its a cycle. You need to win while your elite players are cheap. So this is our window while parsons and diggs are on their rookie deals.

I don't think you can win it with dak, unless you have elite coaching.

The problem is jerry jones wasted years of this franchise with bad coaching. He hung on to garret so he can win "his way". Year after year jerry is a laughingstock.

Look what bill parcells did with less talent, and campo, garret, McCarthy couldn't do with more. Coaching matters. Jerry doesn't care.

So what if he fires McCarthy? He's just gonna promote Moore? That will be more of the same. Jerry can't get out of his own way.

Grenic

Reaction score
No. The Cowboys have had teams capable of making a SB run 4 times in the post-Aikman era. 07, 14, 16, and 21. All of them fell painfully short of the Super Bowl. That's four times in 26 years that they had a team good enough to win it all, and they never even made an NFC Championship game. I'm gonna be 50 this year. That means in my remaining lifetime, the Cowboys will have 3 or 4 teams good enough for a Super Bowl run before I'm in the ground. How the hell can I be hopeful with that math?
Yep, 1000% right

DaBoys12

Reaction score
I didn’t think they would win, I hoped like hell they would. Thought this was their best chance to advance in years, it had to be this year, window is closed, as this team will look totally different next year because of the cap. Maybe that’s a good thing? It’ll take some time, but The little faith I had in this franchise is totally gone. Here’s hoping for something to change in the off season, but I seriously doubt it.

Cmac

Reaction score
Why should there be optimism. I've come to brace for the expected.......when you least expect it, we do "Cowboy things". Its a running joke in the league and on the talk shows. Don't get mad at Shannon Sharpe or Steven A........we deserve every bit of the jokes.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.

This year's draft seems really quite good. I expect Joseph starts next year.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.
1. Dak needs to restructure his contract, if not draft a QB to compete.

2. Release Zeke and feature Pollard next year, draft a RB

3. Let Gregory go to FA, Parsons starts at DE.

4. Let Connor Williams go and draft a LG

5. Bring in a new FG

6. Start Joseph at CB, he brings speed and run support.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you continue to play a running back that is slower than my grandmother without seeing what everyone else sees, I remain skeptical at best.

cowboynut

Reaction score
I’m so glad this year is over. So I don’t have to hope, wish and hear all the good things about this team during the week for this pathetic team or organization.