Are you more worried about the offense or defense for this postseason run?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m more worried about our defense. Our run defense is still a concern and our pass rush isn’t getting home enough, allowing QBs to extend plays and find receivers down the field. Even on Sunday against a make-shift 4-12 team the Commanders moved the ball in the first half and had a 10-7 lead at one point. Howell just missed completing what would have been a long TD pass on Washington’s first possession had it not been for Gilmore‘s great pass defense. The receiver was wide-open. One of our biggest issues in the playoffs the past decade has been our defense. We struggle to make critical stops late in games and our pass rush disappears. Our defense overall has been good this season but I don’t trust it, especially with a critical game on the line.

Cebrin

Reaction score
We essentially have safeties, and an unproven kid coming off injury as linebackers (I don't include Micah as a LB). Offense I'm praying they are saving their best for the playoffs.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Definitely Defense,sacks have gone down and they are not getting enough pressure at all.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some fans never learn! Even today, a dominant defense usually controls a dominant offense.
Philly is showing you just how much it means to have the #2 D(Super bowl appearance) and a bottom ranked D(WC, 6 game losing streak to end season)

TWOK11

Reaction score
Offense, the defense even when struggling tends to force a few turnovers. The offense goes through 1-2 quarter long cold spells occasionally and that can doom you in a single elimination format.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
offense. it's usually just dak and lamb out there. if those 2 weren't extremely good we would probably be in the packers position right now.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys are one of only three teams that held their opponents to less than 20 points ten times. They are one of only two teams that held their opponents to 10 points or less six times.

It is the defenses that are inspired by the homefield advantage.

This defense pressures the quarterback constantly, creating mistakes and turnovers.

However, if the offense cannot get things going and stalls out to where the defense is spending too much time on the field, they will grow fatigued and falter.

The offense must be productive and should against this Packer defense. However, with the health of the offensive line you have the possibility of undrafted free agents playing significantly in a playoff game. This is much different than playing against a D-line that is just waiting for the season to end. A playoff defense will be performing at it's highest level and it's difficult to imagine a young, inexperienced backup matching that intensity.

There is also the significance of the running game in the playoffs. You definitely want to control the clock and a reliable running game plays an important role. The Cowboy's running attack is almost a novelty. There is very little power running and that might cost the Cowboys in a close playoff game.

One dimensional offenses rarely get oiut of the divisional round.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'm more worried about falling behind early than one unit or the other. We're not usually a clutch team that rallies back and wins. However if we take a solid lead we are great at putting foots on teams throats and destroying them.

Am I wrong about coming back from being down I mean I know we were down 10-7 to Washington but were we ever down 10 or more points and came back? I can't remember for sure but don't think so.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
How can anyone not say anything other than offense? Especially using the last few playoff game losses as examples.

Defense has proved it in big games. Dak hasn't. Oh sorry, meant to say offense.

Swagger

Reaction score
Offense..

You should never rely on defense in this era of football.
Exactly this.

It isn't 1985 any longer and with the rules all geared towards scoring, the concern is how many points the offense score against the elite teams. The D will show up.