Are you more worried about the offense or defense for this postseason run?

Redline360

Reaction score
I would say defense but they have stepped up the last two post seasons.l while the offense fell flat.

Offense:
Establishing the run game

Defense:
Controlling the run game

The key is to get out to an early lead and have our defense pick them apart. Defense is built for quickness and pass rush which creates turnovers.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m not sure yet. Don’t know how to make a poll after so many years in here, but what’s your takes?
Offense 100%. This shouldn't even be debatable. It's our offense that struggles on the road.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Offense. The only time they've been spectacular is when playing against bottom of the barrel teams.
#2 seed...you playing hanzel and gretle? Your math lacks current credability.:popcorn:

Proof

Reaction score
Offense is a problem and without our defense this season would have ended with three or four more losses. Everyone seems to forget that the offense can’t go three and out and has to use clock. This hasn’t changed since last year and that will lead to another early exit if not fixed. Offense relying on three and four turnovers from defense isn’t going to work;as these other teams are playoff teams. Offense will need to score and put pint on the board without relying on a gassed defense. This defense is meant to play with the lead due to what some see as its weapons being pass rush, DQ defense are small to cover more ground and play hybrid looks. It puts lb out of position and have to cover more ground so they are setup to be gassed if offense doesn’t control and win clock
this hasn't really been the case for nearly 2 months though.

i'm equally nervous about both, honestly.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m much more worried about the defense. It’s the freakin’ playoffs. Hold GB to 20 points and we win.
When the defense allows teams to drive the ball up and down the field like they sometimes do, it’s not just about how many points. It’s time of possession, field position, and preventing the offense from finding its rhythm.

Unlike the past, I have faith in McCarthy’s game plan and play calling.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I’m much more worried about the defense. It’s the freakin’ playoffs. Hold GB to 20 points and we win.
When the defense allows teams to drive the ball up and down the field like they sometimes do, it’s not just about how many points. It’s time of possession, field position, and preventing the offense from finding its rhythm.

Unlike the past, I have faith in McCarthy’s game plan and play calling.
Like last year in the San Fran game? Seems like the defense kept us in it and the offense let us down.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Offense. If they can generate points and move the ball efficiently our defense has shown they can keep the scoring down to a manageable level, and if we can gain a decent lead the defense will feast. If they struggle and leave the defense on the field with a lopsided TOP in the first half, defense will be gassed out by the 2nd half and we will be in trouble.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
And I'll continue to say it. My I biggest concern is still the defense. Scheme-physicality-injuries.... I'm still concerned about the run. We lose Hankins again we're screwed. I'd like to see Tank and Micah really get hot as far as the pass rush go moving forward. If you can trust him I think this could be Sam Williams coming out party. I need to see Hooker become that Ohio State safety he was back then. Roaming the field getting key int's. I'd like to see Gallimore finally become the big-time player I thought he could be. And where has Osa been???Our corners we can't lose. Hopefully all 3 stay healthy throughout the rest of the season. As far as coaching goes I'd like to see Quinn come out with one really great blitz package. For me Dallas is one of the worst blitz teams in the league. Being fair they really don't depend on it but one great blitzing package 2 or 3 times a game would be great. Defense needs to start fast and end strong. Two of our weaknesses in games with better teams. So- I'm really pulling for the defense. They shut it down:oldcouple: with our offense-nobody should beat us. Man. Just wish Overshown and Diggs were now listed as probable. Wouldn't that be GREAT!!!!! Oh well......:(....GO COWBOYS!!!!!:hammer:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Like last year in the San Fran game? Seems like the defense kept us in it and the offense let us down.
That was last year. This year the offense has been much better. Not having any LBs makes me nervous, even with Hankins back.
Besides, SF is a better team and made our offense and defense look bad this year.

pitt33

Reaction score
Not too awfully concerned about either side until they tee it up against SF. Then it gets ugly for both sides.

If Dallas gets that far that game could be over at halftime.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Not worried but hope they can run the ball when they need too