Are You Ready for Some Monday Night Football!?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Hey, whoever picked the Boys to lose, pick the Falcons to lose. That way, your negative mojo will inspire them to pull it out at the last moment!!! ;)

Are you sure that wasn't a Bill Parcels' prediction?:rolleyes:

Jersey

Reaction score
This is the last preseason tune up for ABC. One more time to work out the bugs with camera angles, feeds, cuts etc. Then, the lights go on for real next week with Cowboys. I'll try not to fall asleep watching these 2 arena league teams tonight.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Scotman said:
I've watched your posts on here for a long time and you're definately a decent guy.

Thanks Scotman

I am surely rooting for the Falcons as I'd like to see my Boys have a shot at the division title. But that said, until the Eagles lose, they are still the team to beat. We can guess all off-season long at what effect everything will have, but we just don't know until kick off.

Understandable.

I do hope y'all get through the game without any injuries, though. I hate to see that for any team.

That's a decent thing to say about any team. Ramsey sure had a close call in that Commanders game -- real close!

I'd wish y'all good luck tonight, but I'd be lying. :D

That's the nicest thing I've heard all day;)

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Sounds like you may already have dosed off!:rolleyes:

May the Eagles lose this game an hour before the game even starts (centuries old Dallas Cowboys saying)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Mkyle said:
May the Eagles lose this game an hour before the game even starts (centuries old Dallas Cowboys saying)

That was pretty creative. You know ...you're dangerously like me Mkyle -- in a mirror sought of way.

You get the "bird" of the post award for that one:rolleyes:

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That was pretty creative. You know ...you're dangerously like me Mkyle -- in a mirror sought of way.

Good luck tonight! No injuries to your team, or the Falcons...but, I don't think you need to worry about a loss tonight...McNabb and T.O. are making out in the locker room as we speak! (I wonder, when McSoup sticks his tonque down T.O.'s throat while they kiss, does it taste like Chunky Soup)?

Gross! :lmao2:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Mkyle said:
(I wonder, when McSoup sticks his tonque down T.O.'s throat while they kiss, does it taste like Chunky Soup)?

Oh my GOD! :banghead: Is that really necessary?

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Talon, I hope both teams win until we meet. I want both teams to be at full strength we we go at it on Monday Night. To me, Parcells will not have accomplished anything until we beat the Eagles at full strength in our house and in your house. Good Luck tonight...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
JakeCamp12 said:
Talon, I hope both teams win until we meet. I want both teams to be at full strength we we go at it on Monday Night. To me, Parcells will not have accomplished anything until we beat the Eagles at full strength in our house and in your house. Good Luck tonight...

Complimente':cool:

Ciao!

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

May the Eagles lose this game 15 minutes before the game even starts (centuries old Dallas Cowboys saying)

So, sue me! I was 45 minutes to early! Thanks, Trotter!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh1:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh2:

:starspin

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Snappity Snap SNAP SNAPPITY.....................................................................................

SNAP SNAP

Thank you Atlanta - We love ya!

Philly!!! We hate ya. Suck on that loss - see you week 5. :D

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
We loss the game last night -- no excuses. But I'm more pissed off than in pain. The Falcons send out some 3rd round LB who takes a clear first punch at Trotter (who appropriately defends himself) and the Refs toss Trotter! What kind of crap is that.

I don't know, I also think that the Eagles didn't play as well, missed opportunities, squandered field goal attempts and dropped passes in the open. The OL could have protected McNabb a little better in the earlier part of the game.

But you know what? I was more Impressed with the Eagles offense than the Falcons. A major part of the Falcons game was Vick. Vick has never Impressed me as a QB; as a RB that's different. But sooner or later, Vick had better watch out for someone like Trotter or Dawkins. It's hard to protect a QB that wants to run more than throw the ball.

Congratulations to the Cowboys and the rest of the NFC East for showing the NFL that we are probably the toughest division in NFL. The NFC Championship game will be sweet this year.

So go ahead ...take your shots -- I can handle whatever you you feel is necessary.

BTW ...don't count us out yet.;)

lspain1

Reaction score
PT, foolish to count out an Andy Reid team...

but excuse me for just a sec.....

:suxiggle: :lmao2: :laugh1: :D :iggles: :disseags:

Ahhh, the pause that refreshes. The Falcon defense looked inspired last night. They had something to prove and the fight before the game definitely gave them a focus. I think you are right that the ejection of Trotter was disruptive to the Eagle defense. The Falcons really don't like you folks much do they?

I actually think that kind of dislike often came out in the Cowboys-Commanders of old but you guys have been so dominant that it has not developed in the NFC East of the new millenium.

Random Thoughts....

The Falcons contained Westbrook well last night. You can't completely stop him but they managed to force him into a lot of negative plays. Those negatives really cost the Eagles a lot. He's the set up guy that made those long completions work so well last year. Crowd noise and normal first game miscues were also costly because they often came at bad times. I thought the officiating crew did a good job with the exception of the spot they gave Vick when Reid threw his flag. That was a good pickup for whoever Reid has doing that job.

I thought the db on T.O. played him OK but clearly T.O. remains the weapon he really is. Another guy you must contain deep but who is going to get his share of catches.

The Eagle defense, even without Trotter last night, continues to look good. The Eagle secondary is just excellent. So many playmakers. I give them credit even in a losing effort. Your line play did look a bit suspect in the first half against the run but containing Vick is so difficult, I'm not sure if any group could do a lot better. You folks have a rookie starting on that line don't you?

kmd24

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
We loss the game last night -- no excuses. But I'm more pissed off than in pain. The Falcons send out some 3rd round LB who takes a clear first punch at Trotter (who appropriately defends himself) and the Refs toss Trotter! What kind of crap is that.

It was Kevin Mathis, the nickel CB, and I can assure you the Falcons were not happy to lose him. The Eagles did come out on the short end of that stick, though.

Disruptions, distractions, and turmoil, oh my!

dguinta1

Reaction score
Did TO and McNabb even talk at all during the game? Still looks like an unhappy chemistry between the two super stars.