Are You Ready for Some Monday Night Football!?

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Actually to me the shocker of the game was Akers missing those field goals. HE is usually Mr. Automatic and i was dumbfounded when he missed 2.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
We loss the game last night -- no excuses. But I'm more pissed off than in pain. The Falcons send out some 3rd round LB who takes a clear first punch at Trotter (who appropriately defends himself) and the Refs toss Trotter! What kind of crap is that.

I don't know, I also think that the Eagles didn't play as well, missed opportunities, squandered field goal attempts and dropped passes in the open. The OL could have protected McNabb a little better in the earlier part of the game.

But you know what? I was more Impressed with the Eagles offense than the Falcons. A major part of the Falcons game was Vick. Vick has never Impressed me as a QB; as a RB that's different. But sooner or later, Vick had better watch out for someone like Trotter or Dawkins. It's hard to protect a QB that wants to run more than throw the ball.

Congratulations to the Cowboys and the rest of the NFC East for showing the NFL that we are probably the toughest division in NFL. The NFC Championship game will be sweet this year.

So go ahead ...take your shots -- I can handle whatever you you feel is necessary.

BTW ...don't count us out yet.;)

OK I'll start, my South Philly paisano.

Phoenix-Talon said:
This is not a question of win or lose ...it's a question of win small or win huge!

:laugh2:
:laugh1:​
:lmao2:
:lmao:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
OK I'll start, my South Philly paisano.

So what! Here's more of the quote ...

"But this Eagles fan isn't buying it! I think the Eagles will play 60 minutes of intensive football..." [It may have gotten a little too intensive just prior to game start]

"Vick will have no choice but to step out of the pocket..."[Vick may have stepped out of the pocket a little more than a Trotter-less defense could handle]

"This is not a question of win or lose ...it's a question of win small or win huge!" [they won small]

None of that was inaccurate.

Sure, I know what you're sayIng and you're saying ...so go ahead and laugh, I'll make sure that I'm not the same way you are when you're team loses and you're hurting.

But while you're laughing, remember this. The Eagles now have something to prove. When Trotter returns to the game next week, you'll see the same fired up person you saw before the fight. The refs call temporarily took the sails out of the Eagles last night, and consequently altered the defensive game plan.

Laughing at our lose is almost worse than laughing at an injured player. We're not out for the count!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
but excuse me for just a sec.....

:lmao2: :laugh1: :D

Ahhh, the pause that refreshes.

You know what? You may made some real Interesting points in your post that I would have fully agreed with, but when you paused to relieve yourself, you lost me.

Hit me back when you're not feeling so "refreshed."

lspain1

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You know what? You may made some real Interesting points in your post that I would have fully agreed with, but when you paused to relieve yourself, you lost me.

Hit me back when you're not feeling so "refreshed."

Now PT, don't get all "huffy" on me. :D You did say to bring it on and having us enjoy some "refreshment" after the drubbing you gave the NFC East last year (and may do again this year) is only to be expected. You folks are still the team to beat this year, and everyone knows it.

Your real problem this year is making sure you have enough wins to ensure home field advantage. Based on the first week of the season (too early to really tell of course), there might be some turnover going on in the rest of the NFC. We'll see. Both the NFC East and South might be very interesting indeed this year.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Vick may have stepped out of the pocket a little more than a Trotter-less defense could handle
Stop! Stop it right there! Don't even think about blaming this loss on Trotter. Your team lost because they only scored 10 points. It's the offense. It is Akers missing two field goals. It is Tra Thomas and his false starts and holding penalties. It is three illegal formation penalties. TO dropped three passes, McNabb was throwing worm balls, all in all, I'd say that a training camp full of distractions took its toll.

Luckily for you, it's the Niners coming to town next week. No way your team can screw that one up. I think.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Stop! Stop it right there! Don't even think about blaming this loss on Trotter. Your team lost because they only scored 10 points. It's the offense. It is Akers missing two field goals. It is Tra Thomas and his false starts and holding penalties. It is three illegal formation penalties. TO dropped three passes, McNabb was throwing worm balls, all in all, I'd say that a training camp full of distractions took its toll.

I guess you're right too. Trotter would have made a difference, but you have valid point TS.

Hoov

Reaction score
I think the eagles defense still played well without trotter, i did question a lot of the atlanta offensive play calling, i thought they were extremely predictable and played into philly's hands and continued to give eagles Offense a chance to win the game. Guess Atlanta's coaches decided they could win it with defense though.

Anyway, eagles still brought the pressure on defense, they are not going to let anyone walk over them. but in honesty i do think that they will miss some of the players that contributed to last years success, and the bottom line is they are going to be fighting for wins this year, where as last year they were crusing through the regular season waiting for someone to pose a formidible challenge.

Thats not to say they wont have a good season, but they are gonna have to overcome some adversity, and there schedule has them playing some challenging games....they are facing several teams after SF that have a real good ground game and that is going to be hard nosed physical football.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
So what! Here's more of the quote ...

"But this Eagles fan isn't buying it! I think the Eagles will play 60 minutes of intensive football..." [It may have gotten a little too intensive just prior to game start]

"Vick will have no choice but to step out of the pocket..."[Vick may have stepped out of the pocket a little more than a Trotter-less defense could handle]

"This is not a question of win or lose ...it's a question of win small or win huge!" [they won small]

None of that was inaccurate.

Sure, I know what you're sayIng and you're saying ...so go ahead and laugh, I'll make sure that I'm not the same way you are when you're team loses and you're hurting.

But while you're laughing, remember this. The Eagles now have something to prove. When Trotter returns to the game next week, you'll see the same fired up person you saw before the fight. The refs call temporarily took the sails out of the Eagles last night, and consequently altered the defensive game plan.

Laughing at our lose is almost worse than laughing at an injured player. We're not out for the count!

Dude - first of all, I'm laughing at the cockiness of your prediction that the winner was not in question (implying that it would be the Eagles), but simply how much they would win by (a lot or a little).

Secondly, laughing at a loss is almost worse than laughing at an injured player? Way off, man. The streets of South Philly should have given you some thicker skin, bro.

If you're gonna come in here, on a rival's board, puffing out your chest and predicting certain victory, you gotta expect to pay the piper on your prediction. And if a few LOL Smilee icons cause your panties to bunch up in this much of a wad, it's gonna be tough sledding through The Zone this season.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hoov said:
Anyway, eagles still brought the pressure on defense, they are not going to let anyone walk over them.
I agree - their defense will keep them in every game, but they're going to have to fix those problems on offense. Owens, frankly, looked disinterested. He was laughing and joking on the sidelines, and played the game as if he really didn't care about the outcome. Westbrook looked phenomenal but you have to wonder if, after seeing what happened to Javon Walker, he is not a bit tenuous about getting hurt again. And, as strange as this sounds, Greg Lewis doesn't appear to be as good as Todd Pinkston.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
[
QUOTE]
BulletBob said:
If you're gonna come in here, on a rival's board, puffing out your chest and predicting certain victory, you gotta expect to pay the piper on your prediction. And if a few LOL Smilee icons cause your panties to bunch up in this much of a wad, it's gonna be tough sledding through The Zone this season.
[/QUOTE]

Unless you're expecting a perfect season, we'll see how tough your skin is in the futire. Any loss hurts! Hurt is not estricted to one fandom. I wear extra skin every time I post -- I'm not complaining, I just don't have to like it. But don't tell me you would be at the height of your supposedly Great sense of humor, if the Cowboys had lost they're season opener. So yeah, I'm kind of grouchy right now, but it's not directed toward you -- it's those darn Falcons.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Laughing at our lose is almost worse than laughing at an injured player.

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever read on an internet message board. Laughing at a rivals loss is not even in the same universe as laughing at an injured player.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Tough loss PT..I feel your pain because we received that feeling all last year and you are right..our time will come this season, I am sure. It does suck to be in the basement of the NFC East we know as of late all too well, but it does humble our predictions and force us to be honest where our particular team stands. I am sure the Eagles will rebound..but the offense needs help and I promise the 49s will bring the house to an injured McNabb..it is a 3-4 defense and scrappy under defensive minded Nolan..Look out!!

I do think your WR issue is problematic and it showed last night..Westbrook was your major playmaker..you fellas best give him a new deal soon. In addition, I do think McNabb can be defensed with the right pressure package and teams are following the Pats and now Atlanta as a blueprint. TO and McNabb may have played surface make-up but clearly with no TDS for TO on Monday Night Football and a poor offensive performance trouble may be brewing again.

The Eagles defense kept them in the game and Akers uncharacteristically played horrid and cost you 6 points. Atlanta was offensively predictable to me so I am suprised..Trotter or not..that J Johnson did not exploit them as much for this reason. They did force fumbles and a few turnovers yet still could have been scored on by a better and more balanced offensive team. I do grant you that Trotter definately would have assisted the run and forced Vick to beat them in the air or by scrambling.

As of know though..The Eagles are in rough shape..and it does show that one cannot assume they are the same team as last year and will have the same measure of success. I do believe the Eagles will be back to competitive football..unless they are foolish and rush McNabb back if injured because the 49s are going to bring it every down because if you pressure McNabb (or any QB) he will make mistakes or fall to injury.

This loss will hurt but only for a week :) unless you fall to the 49s..if you do..its going to be a long season in Philly especially if McNabb is further injured.