Are you still a Garrett supporter?

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I like Garrett the motivator but perhaps on a team with a good front office and good coordinators. It's a real shame that the opportunities with an elite QB, a HOF defensive player(Ware), and a HOF TE all got wasted by front office blunders. We really had some opportunities from 2006 onward and wasted time with Wade and Garrett. Can you imagine 2007-2014 Romo with say Sean Payton as head coach? Payton has had some bad records but he's had some VERY bad front office management too.

That being said, there were some very bad drafts and free agencies during that time as well that hindered the talent of those teams...but that falls on the same people who picked the coaches.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

1226.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was my point. They are all credited one day with being the top of the league but then are run out the next day. None of them are perfect.

It would take people 1.5 preseason games to start complaining about whoever is brought in here.

Then your "point" fails because you're trying to compare coaches who have accomplished things in this league with one who hasn't.

These coaches you want to point to as having ups and downs have actually had the ups.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Thanks. That's really what he's referring to?

Not certain.

I would assume that quote, if accurate, would be exactly what Hill would be referring to.

It may also mean why #Jason Garrett is trending with Tweets like this:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not certain.

I would assume that quote, if accurate, would be exactly what Hill would be referring to.

It may also mean why #Jason Garrett is trending with Tweets like this:

You may be right. I did hear that part of the presser. He was asked directly about the differences between the players. Seems an obvious straightforward answer to me.

Normally I at least understand what the natives are restless about. This one befuddles me.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Then your "point" fails because you're trying to compare coaches who have accomplished things in this league with one who hasn't.

These coaches you want to point to as having ups and downs have actually had the ups.

He was named coach of the year and led the team to a 13-3 record last year. That is an up

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Not a supporter. Never been a good game-manager. Rarely has the team play above expectations. The RKOG thing seems to be more talk than anything as our players continue to get suspended (I know Zeke was screwed). There is nothing special about Garrett. He seems stubborn to a fault at times and the punting around an opponents 40 on 4th and short has driven me crazy for year.

Sydla

Reaction score
Former coaches of the year:

Marvin Lewis
Mike Smith
Lovie Smith
Dick Jauron
Jim Haslett
Dom Capers
Ray Rhodes
Lindy Infante

Being a ND fan, my favorite is Tyrone Willingham once won coach of the year............ and then promptly ran ND and then UW into the ground.

That first name on your list is important to note............ because that's exactly who I think we have as our head coach. Marvin Lewis, a guy who doesn't suck enough to lose a ton of games and get fired, and wins enough to trick ownership into thinking he's competent.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry sees these comments from Garrett and is impressed with his honesty and ability to self-evaluate.

"He'll learn! He's really growing a head coach. I've always said it takes 10 years to really learn how to be a coach!"

JBond

Reaction score
Same, but I'm higher than 50/50. Fans only see a fraction of what goes into being a HC and its just like the QB position. Too much credit when things go right and too much blame when things go wrong.

At the end of the day, posters have to admit the team has improved dramatically since Garrett became HC. A lot of that is because of guys like Will McClay, but its still a fact.
Improved to a 63 - 50 record over 10 years. Very impressive. Hall of Fame candidate for sure. One of the best minds to ever coach in the NFL.