Are you still a Garrett supporter?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, this whole "we've improved dramatically" stuff cracks me up. We are in Year 7 of his tenure and we have a 13 win season, a 12 win season, not much else and two failed playoff runs.

If that's dramatic improvement, my god, we've lowered the expectations for our franchise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, this whole "we've improved dramatically" stuff cracks me up. We are in Year 7 of his tenure and we have a 13 win season, a 12 win season, not much else and two failed playoff runs.

If that's dramatic improvement, my god, we've lowered the expectations for our franchise.

There is a mile long list of coaches that come in and win quick.

We've completed the Romo era and he's still delivered nothing.

He has no business coaching this franchise. Go coach the Browns or go coach a college team where you have 10 schedule wins a season because your talent is so good but just quit the Cowboys please.

The only person that wants him here is our owner.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm curious to get a read on how many fans still have faith that Jason Garrett is the right man for the job or how many fans are ready to move on?

Just your own opinion on what you would like to see happen going forward, and not what you expect Jerry Jones to do.

I'm interested to get a read on how opinions and overall confidence stands at this point.

I feel Bipolar, he goes 12 and 4 and wins Coach of the Year and I love him.
He then craps the bed the following season and I want him gone.
The Up and Down Yo-Yo effect is making being a fan difficult.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're not alone on that ride. I wanted him gone for a few years, and then backed off after last season, chalking up 2015 to losing your top 10 quarterback.

But now this year has me back to having seen enough. He is what he is. An OK coach who will never win the big one.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The coaching staff needs to be held accountable, we can't continue on this see-saw of sucking every other year and looking nearly unbeatable in the non-suck years.

Every player we get cannot be this bad.

basilhayden

Reaction score
You're not alone on that ride. I wanted him gone for a few years, and then backed off after last season, chalking up 2015 to losing your top 10 quarterback.

But now this year has me back to having seen enough. He is what he is. An OK coach who will never win the big one.

The next coach would do no better. Jerruh would want only a yes man, not a free thinking coach.
Only a wash up with the need for some more toy buying money would apply.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We're still 5-4 this year. It's not Thanksgiving yet. There's a lot of football left to go.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
As an environmental motivator, I think Rowdy is better.

Clap..clap...clap

Seriously..motivators have never really made any difference to me personally.
All their "catch phrases" and cutesy "themes" are played out.

• Finish strong
  • Fight
  • Process
  • Team work
  • Give it 110%
  • Next man up
  • Grind
Yawn yawn yawn....zzzzz zzzzzzz

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Clap..clap...clap

• Finish strong
  • Fight
  • Process
  • Team work
  • Give it 110%
  • Next man up
  • Grind
His catch phrases are beyond irritating. His act is old. He had his chance. He's not a coach. Not sure what he is, but he's not a coach. He's had 7 years to do something. Next coach up.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
His catch phrases are beyond irritating. His act is old. He had his chance. He's not a coach. Not sure what he is, but he's not a coach. He's had 7 years to do something. Next coach up.
Yes sir!

• One team one dream
  • Rise as ONE
  • Win the day
  • Always earned never given
  • All out, all game, all season

haleyrules

Reaction score

Clap..clap...clap

• Finish strong
  • Fight
  • Process
  • Team work
  • Give it 110%
  • Next man up
  • Grind
He has always been an embarrassment. Only appointed HC because a stubborn " GM" wanted to prove a point. Sad really. He wouldn't have been a HC anywhere else. I shake my head every time I see this fool on the Dallas sideline clapping his hands and looking like an Ivey league stooge.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:). Its a process.

Really, though. 5-4 is a disappointment, but there's still 7 games to go. I'm telling you, there are going to be multiple teams in the playoffs that are 5-4 or worse right now.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I see he had his fight tee shirt on at the press conference today

irving

Reaction score
That was my point. They are all credited one day with being the top of the league but then are run out the next day. None of them are perfect.

It would take people 1.5 preseason games to start complaining about whoever is brought in here.
Not trying to start a argument here, but I think most fans would settle for Garrett having had the success of the coaches you named. Of course fans are going to complain about coaches, eventually they complain about even the greatest of coaches. But as I said, Garrett hasn't delivered at all when compared to most of the coaches you listed.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Is it?

Or does it now simply look different because the results aren't there?

Going into this season, everyone talked about how talented this roster was. Especially the offense. There's wasn't a more talented group in the league.

But now, at 5-4, the players are somehow worse all around. Maybe, the fact is that the coaches are failing in their job to put those players in the best position to make plays?
The defense has almost no talent that we knew of. The offense was talented because of the OL and our rookies, but I don't think anyone ever thought our receivers were much. Last year only the Eagles has worse receivers. This year it's probably the Skins. Plus, we have little depth when paying the stars and Romo.