Signed by Cowboys Armstrong signed. 2yrs 13mil

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Josh Sweat got got 3yrs 40m for a 6 sack season. What is wrong with this contract coming off of 5?

I think this is where fans get too caught up in statistics. There are players who are disruptive even if their sack numbers are not that high. Gregory got the contract he did because he creates problems for the offense where they sometimes have to block him with an extra player or he forces an early throw with his pressure or his rush creates an opportunity for another player to get pressure. Armstrong doesn't do that near as much. He got five sacks, but he wasn't as disruptive.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Good for him, but we need to see that garuanteed money in this contract - not the funny money.

Probably somewhere around 8 million garuanteed .

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Broadus went into one of his assessments last week sometime comparing Armstrong to Gregory.

He laid claim to Armstrong had 5 sacks and Gregory had six. It took another one of the microphone experts to suggest Armstrong couldn't get on the field most of the season. I have not vetted this, but Armstrong has never been impressive as far as I can remember. For offensive linemen, never hearing their name is a good thing. For defensive linemen it is the opposite.

You're not wrong, but the bottom line is Armstrong had five sacks while starting half the games Gregory did, who had six. I know stats often lie, but this one is interesting at least.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
just the fact it's a 2 year deal for one of our own, tells me that they aren't even sure about the player

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I think this is where fans get too caught up in statistics. There are players who are disruptive even if their sack numbers are not that high. Gregory got the contract he did because he creates problems for the offense where they sometimes have to block him with an extra player or he forces an early throw with his pressure or his rush creates an opportunity for another player to get pressure. Armstrong doesn't do that near as much. He got five sacks, but he wasn't as disruptive.

yes and look at what they got paid that’s my point. we’re bickering over 6.5m for a young player coming off of a good season.

a rookie is not going to give you that unless it’s a first round pick

tm1119

Reaction score
Cowboys philosophy- let the good players walk and resign the easily replaceable depth players.

amazing we can’t win playoff games

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
just the fact it's a 2 year deal for one of our own, tells me that they aren't even sure about the player

He's played 500 snaps for the first time in 2021 and his sack and presser% production improved....he's 24. What are you expecting?

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
if they're done in FA for End I will be mad don't want to draft an end, better talent at other positions up top the best ends will be gone by 20