Signed by Cowboys Armstrong signed. 2yrs 13mil

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok so randy had what 5-6 sacks and got 5 years at 70 million and we get Armstrong who had 5 sacks part time at 2 years 13 million. Randy is better at pressuring but this could end up being the better deal. Armstrong also blocked a punt or 2, too lazy to go look. We better draft a kid too.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
if indeed they are sold on the player, more than 2 years is what I would expect

He's a back-up at an elite position of need. The improvement last year (under Quinn) gives hope.....he's 24 and they probably want to see whether that improvement was an outlier season or the basis of improvement. May have been overpaid by paid a couple of $, but it's no big issue.

Verdict

Reaction score
I am not “excited” about this signing, but I don’t think he’s that much less of a player than Gregory. That’s not saying that Armstrong is all that and a bag of chips. I just don’t think that Gregory is that much better.

This contract will probably have less “rueage” on down the road than if we had signed Gregory. On the other hand the most distressing part of this signing (depending on structure) is that we overpaid a guy who has so far been a marginal player.

You pay guys like this minimum salaries, or something very close to that. Not 6 or 7 times the minimum.

John813

Reaction score
Now I'm waiting for the 5 year 8mil per deal for LVE to call this off-season a success

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’m not as mad because I was pretty confident that we were going to just simply give Gregory’s contract to Armstrong

Gaede

Reaction score
Best offseason ever

By that, I mean 2023. When we've got a top ten draft pick and Sean Payton's in charge.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed that we would close with Armstrong before even getting close to Kearse. One was a back up role player, the other was the best safety we've had in years

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif