Arrows up and down after tonight's game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Its a great way to stash potential.

I've been wanting Gifford to succeed. He's been impressive, so far.

Let's keep hoping that he heals completely and in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I've been wanting Gifford to succeed. He's been impressive, so far. Here's hoping he heals well and in a timely fashion!
Players like Gifford inspire me actually more than the elite over payed in this league.
I still get excited when I see the bottom feeders rise and accomplish greatness.
Im all in on Gifford, and will be keeping a close eye on him.
Another I was looking out for was Westry,, was there a Westry sighting at all last night?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke’s leverage ⬆️
Dak’s leverage ⬆️

Cowboys leverage ⬇️

Amari’s leverage ↔️
A preseason game is a very poor indicator of a team’s future- good or bad. IMO, no leverage was gained or lost in that boring, meaningless game last night. Teams in preseason never game plan or use anything of substance in their playbook. It’s a glorified scrimmage.

Remember Jimmy Johnson’s undefeated preseason in ‘89. They followed that with a 1-15 season. Preseason is almost completely meaningless other than deciding who makes your team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Players like Gifford inspire me actually more than the elite over payed in this league.
I still get excited when I see the bottom feeders rise and accomplish greatness.
Im all in on Gifford, and will be keeping a close eye on him.
Another I was looking out for was Westry,, was there a Westry sighting at all last night?

Absolutely. Both Gifford and Westry have distinguished themselves very impressively so far. I'll be keeping up with their progress religiously and hoping they both manage to make the final roster, although, as always, it'll be a numbers game that decides their fate. We've got some good and really talented prospects, though. Hopefully, they'll all find a way to make the most of their abilities. Like they say, the cream always rises to the top! I believe I recall seeing Westry get a sack, so that's a very good sign for him, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A preseason game is a very poor indicator of a team’s future- good or bad. IMO, no leverage was gained or lost in that boring, meaningless game last night. Teams in preseason never game plan or use anything of substance in their playbook. It’s a glorified scrimmage.

Remember Jimmy Johnson’s undefeated preseason in ‘89. They followed that with a 1-15 season. Preseason is almost completely meaningless other than deciding who makes your team.

What preseason shows you more than anything is quality of your back-ups. Some might call it roster depth. This team won't be able to do what philly and NE have done winning super bowls with lots of key injuries.

Wood

Reaction score
Zeke’s leverage ⬆️
Dak’s leverage ⬆️

Cowboys leverage ⬇️

Amari’s leverage ↔️

zero proof of any of this. Dak once again looked uncomfortable in red zone (although he continues to have success with safe throws), Pollard looked good enough they only need to see him few times carry ball.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We learned this much......if Dak goes down, we won't win a game. Cooper Rush is a poor man's Brandon Weeden, and Mike White just sucks. I can't beleive we are rolling into another season with nothing behind Dak.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We learned this much......if Dak goes down, we won't win a game. Cooper Rush is a poor man's Brandon Weeden, and Mike White just sucks. I can't beleive we are rolling into another season with nothing behind Dak.

Exactly. The FO has never put any stock in the backup qb.

irishline

Reaction score
Moore May very well end up a failure like the rest of this staff but it’s preseason did you want him to empty the playbook ?

Why not? See how well it worked for Spurrier with the Commanders, averaged almost 35 points a game in the 2002 preseason.*

*Yes that was sarcasm...

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was PRE SEASON and one game!

Zeke Elliot vs Houston: 20 for 54 yards
Zeke Elliot vs Washington: 15 for 33
Zeke Elliot vs Tennessee: 17 for 61
right two rushing titles, year where he played 10 games he led YPG hes elite those games happen to Pros..it was against eite talent in real games your point is for Zeke as usualy you try hard tpo discredit Zeke but you can NOT, STats dont disapear

Fact Zeke 2016-2018 3 years 2 tiles would hve had 3 inrow

First in carries
first in yards
1st in ypg
2nd in rushing tds

77 catches last year is 3 down back who can block very well.. huh

Its laughabel you and roy try so hard to make Zeke a product of the line vs hes simply one of not THE best back in the league..the struggle is real but RBBC may get some numbers but they are hollow defenses wont play the same way against us and Dak will have some troubles long term without and Elite RB drawing guys out of coverage..FACT
Maybe this is Daks year to step up but from what ive seen this offense, team, and Dak need Zeke..it why they picked him 4th overall , you dont do that then not pay him.dont want to give elite player elite money because hes a RB? DONT FN PICK THEM IN THE FIRST ROUND..

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Mike Weber: 6 for 18
Tony Pollard: 4 for 16
Darius Jackson: 6 for 16

Cowboys: 0 TDs

Its preseason. And Zeke wouldn't have played, just like every other preseason. Exactly how is this leverage in his favor?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how you can evaluate any of that in game 1 of preseason. I mainly just watch the game to get a visual reference on the rooks, so that they are identifiable going forward.
I will pay a little more attention in game 3 of preseason, its the most unmeaningless game of the preseason,, if that's even a word.

Because some people have it all figured out after a few plays, and some before any games start. And their minds are made up, nothing will deter that. :laugh:

What some need to realize is that many of theses players will be flipped the next game. And they will get their chance with the 2's and the others with the 3's. Some will me mixed in with the 1's.

I would say it is preseason for the fans too. But it doesn't work that way on the usuals. :muttley:

Reaction score
zero proof of any of this. Dak once again looked uncomfortable in red zone (although he continues to have success with safe throws), Pollard looked good enough they only need to see him few times carry ball.

What scares me is the fact that this team is poised to commit a very large chunk of their foreseeable cap space to offensive skill position players who, collectively, struggle to score touchdowns. The Cowboys front office is in a tough spot, the money seemingly has to be spent but the return on that investment is very suspect.

aria

Reaction score
right two rushing titles, year where he played 10 games he led YPG hes elite those games happen to Pros..it was against eite talent in real games your point is for Zeke as usualy you try hard tpo discredit Zeke but you can NOT, STats dont disapear

Fact Zeke 2016-2018 3 years 2 tiles would hve had 3 inrow

First in carries
first in yards
1st in ypg
2nd in rushing tds

77 catches last year is 3 down back who can block very well.. huh

Its laughabel you and roy try so hard to make Zeke a product of the line vs hes simply one of not THE best back in the league..the struggle is real but RBBC may get some numbers but they are hollow defenses wont play the same way against us and Dak will have some troubles long term without and Elite RB drawing guys out of coverage..FACT
Maybe this is Daks year to step up but from what ive seen this offense, team, and Dak need Zeke..it why they picked him 4th overall , you dont do that then not pay him.dont want to give elite player elite money because hes a RB? DONT FN PICK THEM IN THE FIRST ROUND..
I’ve never said Zeke isn’t a top 3 back in the league and I understand some defenses won’t play us the same without him in the backfield. That’s where the OC comes in plus it doesn’t automatically equate to losses. How did every other Super Bowl winning team in the past 20 years manage to get by without the leagues leading rusher?

Speaking of, leagues leading rusher is about the most worthless stat for a RB but it’s the only one Zeke leads in, other than fumbles, so people like you throw it around to use as evidence that he’s the best. Most league leading rushers have also had the most carries, coincidence?

Based on ypc, if Barkley had as many carries as Zeke he would have won the title then what would Zeke fan boys say? I’ll tell you what they would say “Barkley only led the league because he had more carries but Seke is still better”. For some reason that doesn’t apply when it’s the other way around.

Look at every meaningful stat (ie broken tackle, yards from los, etc) and Zeke doesn’t lead any of them except fumbles which is the one stat you don’t want to lead.

To say the O line doesn’t make a difference is ludicrous. If you think Zeke would put up the same numbers behind last years Giants O line or Arizonas line or Miami’s or most other O lines than you’re completely delusional. So you pair a very good RB, with a very good O line, give that RB the most carries and he should be leading the league in yards but that hardly makes him the best. Hilarious how when Zeke has a bad game game it’s always the O lines fault but when he has a good game it’s because it was all him, nothing to do with the O line. What a joke dude.

They also didn’t pick Zeke because Dak “needed him”. Hell, they didn’t even want Dak as their first choice and Jerry has admitted that, he wanted Lynch.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’ve never said Zeke isn’t a top 3 back in the league and I understand some defenses won’t play us the same without him in the backfield. That’s where the OC comes in plus it doesn’t automatically equate to losses. How did every other Super Bowl winning team in the past 20 years manage to get by without the leagues leading rusher?

Speaking of, leagues leading rusher is about the most worthless stat for a RB but it’s the only one Zeke leads in, other than fumbles, so people like you throw it around to use as evidence that he’s the best. Most league leading rushers have also had the most carries, coincidence?

Based on ypc, if Barkley had as many carries as Zeke he would have won the title then what would Zeke fan boys say? I’ll tell you what they would say “Barkley only led the league because he had more carries but Seke is still better”. For some reason that doesn’t apply when it’s the other way around.

Look at every meaningful stat (ie broken tackle, yards from los, etc) and Zeke doesn’t lead any of them except fumbles which is the one stat you don’t want to lead.

To say the O line doesn’t make a difference is ludicrous. If you think Zeke would put up the same numbers behind last years Giants O line or Arizonas line or Miami’s or most other O lines than you’re completely delusional. So you pair a very good RB, with a very good O line, give that RB the most carries and he should be leading the league in yards but that hardly makes him the best. Hilarious how when Zeke has a bad game game it’s always the O lines fault but when he has a good game it’s because it was all him, nothing to do with the O line. What a joke dude.

They also didn’t pick Zeke because Dak “needed him”. Hell, they didn’t even want Dak as their first choice and Jerry has admitted that, he wanted Lynch.
doesn't matter,

Zeke is ELITE, PERIOD!! He deserves what hes asking, PERIOD...

you keep trying to use other stats as examples but rushers carry the ball and at the end of the day they lead in all category's that matter..hes is élite and deserves to get paid an don't used up and thrown away..tired of the constant diminishing of this with you and the 10% that say we will be fine without him.. see the commercial Just OK lol..right.. Sire we will be just ok without him but better with him..

Zekes Elite... Dak and Amari are NOT and if you use stats alone Troy Aikman and Micheal Irvin should be removed for the HOF as Tony Romos career numbers in EVERY category for a QB make Troys look like a JAG..difference Troy got 12 HOF players to play with a nd hof set of coaches and no slary cap era for depth.im not Joking Romo gets hated on but he was STAT WISE in EVERY Category the best QB we ever had..ESmiths was the Elite player on this team as is Zeke and Zeke is just as important to THIS offense and Dak as Smith was to Aikman..

BTW using SB is going to strengthen my argument not yours as usual and TY for that...
SB will be demanding a new contract after yr 3 as well.. its whats right RBs are being abused in this league and the Elite ones will demand their money as Bell and Gurley got and Zeke wants.. if you pick a RB in the top 10 or even the first round EXPECT THIS TO BE A NEW TREND, THEY WILL BE WANTING TO BE PAID LIKE AN ELITE PLAYER..Get used to it..

so Zeke is top 3 pay him top 3 not top 5 it drops off hard after 3 but IMO hes top 2..again no other player on this team can really argue that..pay him hopefully pay all 3 make 4yr run at trying to win a SB after that we can reevaluate but I believe we can pay him market and he will have 304 strong years to play it out..