Arrows up and down after tonight's game

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore May very well end up a failure like the rest of this staff but it’s preseason did you want him to empty the playbook ?
Read my note. I said by it could be by design. Tempo though was still terrible. Not a single adjustment from my eyes. It was the Garrett, Linehan offense for the most part.

If anything, I thought Moore should have kept the plays even more simplified.

The tried a screen with the OL pulling out as to lead the way. That was too complicated for 2nd/3rd team OLinemen.

The preseason game plans should be very simple and focus on evaluating players.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know I'm watching teams play preseason and they look spectacular. And then I saw the Cowboys game last night. Probably just expecting too much too long of an offseason go Cowboys

LittleD

Reaction score
There is no leverage for anyone. Garrett has his stale, 90's Cowboy way to hold onto. Moore seems to be following in his mentor's shoes. As long as this offense stalls and sputters inside
the 20 yard line, forget going far in the playoffs. This team couldn't even sniff the end zone in this game. Linehan obviously showed Moore how to play not to win football games.
These players are being wasted by an inept coaching staff and a team ownership living in past glories. No need to pay Zeke, Dak or Amari cause it would be just more wasted money. You guys hoping to
see another Cowboy SB have many years to go. I know, many of you will say that this was just a practice game and yes it was. The problem is that it looks the same as last year and almost all NFL
defenses know how to play us well now. If Moore was supposed to bring the team innovation, he failed big time.

aria

Reaction score
doesn't matter,

Zeke is ELITE, PERIOD!! He deserves what hes asking, PERIOD...

you keep trying to use other stats as examples but rushers carry the ball and at the end of the day they lead in all category's that matter..hes is élite and deserves to get paid an don't used up and thrown away..tired of the constant diminishing of this with you and the 10% that say we will be fine without him.. see the commercial Just OK lol..right.. Sire we will be just ok without him but better with him..

Zekes Elite... Dak and Amari are NOT and if you use stats alone Troy Aikman and Micheal Irvin should be removed for the HOF as Tony Romos career numbers in EVERY category for a QB make Troys look like a JAG..difference Troy got 12 HOF players to play with a nd hof set of coaches and no slary cap era for depth.im not Joking Romo gets hated on but he was STAT WISE in EVERY Category the best QB we ever had..ESmiths was the Elite player on this team as is Zeke and Zeke is just as important to THIS offense and Dak as Smith was to Aikman..

BTW using SB is going to strengthen my argument not yours as usual and TY for that...
SB will be demanding a new contract after yr 3 as well.. its whats right RBs are being abused in this league and the Elite ones will demand their money as Bell and Gurley got and Zeke wants.. if you pick a RB in the top 10 or even the first round EXPECT THIS TO BE A NEW TREND, THEY WILL BE WANTING TO BE PAID LIKE AN ELITE PLAYER..Get used to it..

so Zeke is top 3 pay him top 3 not top 5 it drops off hard after 3 but IMO hes top 2..again no other player on this team can really argue that..pay him hopefully pay all 3 make 4yr run at trying to win a SB after that we can reevaluate but I believe we can pay him market and he will have 304 strong years to play it out..
Let me ask you something, are you high? You’re going off on topics that have nothing to do with wwhat we were talking about so let’s get back to simplicity to help you out.

You’re rebuttal is Zeke’s elite so we should pay him as if he’s elite. You continue to ignore my question and the facts that surround RB’s and championships. Barry Sanders was elite, how many Super Bowls did he win? Now how many non elite RB’s have won Super Bowls?

What in the hell does “rushers carry the ball and lead in all categores that matter” mean?

And I never said he shouldn’t be paid top 3 but 1) allegedly he wants to be the highest paid, not top 1 or 2 and 2) he’s sitting out after his third year. What’s next, play two years and sit out?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Mike White showed bad QB traits that cannot be fixed or coached out of a guy. CUT HIM and lets see who else we can take a look at.

When White throws it he has a live arm.

Problem is he is too mechanical and can't process the field quick enough. He looks "over coached" and under prepared to me.

mmohican29

Reaction score
We learned this much......if Dak goes down, we won't win a game. Cooper Rush is a poor man's Brandon Weeden, and Mike White just sucks. I can't beleive we are rolling into another season with nothing behind Dak.

I think Rush can play... a little. He at least can read a defense and make a decision.

Christian Ponder clone. Zero arm strength but cerebral enough to execute between the 20's.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Here's what I ask myself every preseason: why do other teams benches act as if the games are an audition, while our bench treats it like a meaningless scrimmage?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I don't know how you can evaluate any of that in game 1 of preseason. I mainly just watch the game to get a visual reference on the rooks, so that they are identifiable going forward.
I will pay a little more attention in game 3 of preseason, its the most unmeaningless game of the preseason,, if that's even a word.

most meaningful

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke isn't Emmitt Smith.
easy to say in hindsight but Emmitt held out before signing his rookie deal, he wasnt ES yet, he held out after yr 3 and truly did he or anyone know he'd play for as long as he did and end up the best rusher of all time..

Zeke is on the same path, yes he is, 2 rushing championships could have been 3 in row without the suspension.. hows that not Emmitt Smiths? noone is ES until they are...Zeke is faster, can jump higher, and just as tough..id say they are pretty dang close just in different eras playing for different teams..Not Zekes fault but im guessing if he were on those teams hes every bit as good if not better..hopefully those fans arent ripping him to threads.. people can use Comps for past players vs new ones and I see a a lot of what ES had in zeke, very similar runners..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BS. He became a back-up QB celebrity. Same thing happened to Tebow.
The lawsuit proves that he was being blackballed. But he can play. I mean, for goodness' sake, the Commanders started journeyman Josh Johnson. You mean to tell me Kap isn't better than Johnson? :rolleyes:
Get outta here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The lawsuit proves that he was being blackballed. But he can play. I mean, for goodness' sake, the Commanders started journeyman Josh Johnson. You mean to tell me Kap isn't better than Johnson? :rolleyes:
Get outta here.
agreed I believe Kap is best available BUP QB and can play , he had some great moments and some bad one..sound familiar? better point is he is a lot like Dak, would be seamless transition IMO HOWEVER I agree hes most likely not worth the circus and distraction that comes with him.

.its why I wouldn't put him on my team UNTIL the need arose.. come in to finish season or for and extended time to keep us afloat. After week 2 we wouldn't owe him anything if we cut him but hes VET im betting grab him cold off the street with week to prepare he would be fine..again not sure hes with the trouble though..If Dak went down he might be the first person I called but im not sure was available that could be good enough to keep us on track but him at moment..

coult44

Reaction score
Michael Gallup's arrow is definitely pointing up and so is Gifford's!:thumbup:

More good news is that Gifford's injury last night was just an ankle sprain.

I’m a big Gallup fan, but what did he do last night other that was spectacular. I’m asking because I also heard this on the radio today. Did I miss something other than the first catch?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get outta here.

The lawsuit proved nothing. You can sue anyone for anything in civil court. It doesn't mean you are right. They settled b/c the NFL probably figured it was cheaper and better optics to pay him off. Its very common in these cases with political overtones. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have made millions in similar shakedowns.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
A preseason game is a very poor indicator of a team’s future- good or bad. IMO, no leverage was gained or lost in that boring, meaningless game last night. Teams in preseason never game plan or use anything of substance in their playbook. It’s a glorified scrimmage.

Remember Jimmy Johnson’s undefeated preseason in ‘89. They followed that with a 1-15 season. Preseason is almost completely meaningless other than deciding who makes your team.

I'm not sure if it will give you a great indication of who can play against the best, but it will absolutely tell you who can't.