Article about Extreme Skins (funny)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Only other women might tell your fiance' that you bragged about that?

I want to make another point, but I will via PM.

haha, I am open and honest with my fiancee. She knows that I am loyal to her. There is simply no need not to be. But our relationship allows me to be comfortable as a guy and "lighty" flirt and talk trash with other women. I knew my fiancee over a year before we started dating and working together she saw me on a daily basis. She knows I like to flirt and such, but she also knows my taste in women by meeting my two previous GF's and becoming now firends with them. Which I dont mind at all because, I know who I am and feel no need to lie to someone.

Om

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I understand, and we did veer from the point of this thread, so I'll let it go at that.

Back to the City Paper though, you're saying it isn't true? What in there isn't true? You seem to be taking the slant that since it isn't a major newspaper that it can't be accurate or that people shouldn't take heed of what they read.

It isn't just that paper that is laughing at you and it isn't just Cowboy fans either.

In this thread at CPND: http://mb26.scout.com/fcpndhardcorefrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=50037.topic&start=21&stop=40

... you will find thiswritten by RTandler from CPND who also sits in the pressbox:

"I mean, I could do the "golly-gee, here I am, Joe Fan in the locker room and, by gosh, Mark Brunell just brushed by me. I'm never going to wash that shoulder again." schtick. But that's not what this site is all about. Honestly, I've been there for the last five years except for '04 and it's still pretty cool to me. It's neat just to be able to ask Joe Gibbs a question. But I ask the question because I think that you, the reader, want to know the answer to that question and not because I'm thinking, golly, gee I'm asking Joe Gibbs a question."

He also says:

"At the stadium, they sit a few seats away from me in the press box although they tend to spend most of the game roaming the sidelines taking pictures. I've never requested sideline access but I've been told that I could get it if I wanted it."

Really, I'm sure that the folks at ES just love Art's stuff... and Art himself... But if you expect anyone outside of ES to like it, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. You shouldn't gripe when other people have a little fun at the expense of that garbage, because nobody likes it but you guys at ES. It's funny really... but it's not journalism. Far, far from it actually. And I know that they misguidedly decided to do it from a "fan's perspective", but really, it just shouldn't surprise anyone over there that it makes them a laughingstock around the internet and in the media. You guys shouldn't shower the Internet with "oh that's a free rag" when everyone is laughing at you anyway. That article isn't the source of that laughter you hear... it's everyone outside the glass walls of ES.

Roaming the sidelines taking pictures is great for the posters at ES... particularly considering how young the average poster is over there... but for those that really report and everybody outside of ES, it's nothing worth reading. Even for Commanders fans.

So call it a "free rag" if you wish, but everyone will put much more stock in what they read there than they do the childish rambling's of Art, and his sort there at ES.

Nunyo files. Cute.

Asthma, did you read my previous reply to Silver Bear in which I talked in very specific terms about the article, and provided links to 3 other threads that contain voluminous discussion about the very things you're asking about?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Rack said:
I have never bashed a mediot for a negative slant on the cowboys. I bash them when they are incorrect in their assessment (positive or negative).

Either they don't know what they're talking about, Bend the truth, or only tell partial truths on purpose (see Mickey Spagnola). I can't stand that. Writers that do that should be shot on sight.

Just so ironic that TwoDeep quoted the part about someone dishonestly editing posts. Wow.

Let's not rewrite history, Rack. You drop Mofo on the board, you get booted.

I never had to edit your posts. You acted like a goob all on your own.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Om said:
Asthma, did you read my previous reply to Silver Bear in which I talked in very specific terms about the article, and provided links to 3 other threads that contain voluminous discussion about the very things you're asking about?

You don't want to address anything else from my whole post? Nothing about CPND laughing at you or how foolish Art looks from his "reports"?

Ah well. I'll address your's though:

Yes I did.

I noticed that Silverbear asked you: "Do you guys have a thread going listing all of Nunyo's mistakes, in an attempt to dismiss his opinions??"

and you answered: "Yes and no. We had a thread. Its function was to track factual errors, not opinions. If you had read it, rather than simply making easy assumptions, you would have known that."

Now, are you saying that since ES was tracking factual errors that it wasn't in an effort to discredit what Nunyo has to say? Because anyone who reads that thread can tell that the guys at ES are trying to get people not to believe anything Nunyo has to say.

Like someone on this thread has already mentioned, pointing out that Holdman actually played in 4 games in 2002 while Nunyo had written that the LB missed the 2002 season, is quite petty. The point of what he was saying I bet, was that he missed a lot of time and was injured in 2002. He got that point across and it isn't a big deal at all that Nunyo didn't mention that he played in 4 games. It's a petty effort to discredit what the man writes.

But I still don't know how that's proving what the article said isn't true. Were you saying that McKenna only mentions one mistake Nunyo made? McKenna writes "Demasio says he gave his enemies fuel by erroneously reporting that the Commanders were going to cut Ryan Clark before the 2004 season, but he finds the continued attacks against him on ExtremeSkins.com rather amusing." Is that what you're saying is incorrect? Because, McKenna never says that's the only factual error that Nunyo made... it's just the only one he mentions.

I fail to see how that makes the article untrue.

Then when Silverbear asked if they hadn't made ***** of themselves in the pressbox your answer was, "Of the 5 games the Skins have played, we have had reps in the press box in four. In three of them, none of our guys made a peep. In the Dallas game, after 55 minutes of not making a peep, Art and Eric reacted to the two miracle TD’s near the end of the game, for a grand total of about 15 seconds combined."

This is pointing out what? Certainly not that McKenna was wrong, because that's basically what he wrote, "I wish they were not there,” says Elfin. “They have cheered in the press box, which is against every tenet of the press box." How is that untrue?

Are you just saying that there was nothing wrong with them geeking out in the pressbox? Because if that's what you're saying, fine... but don't try to pass it off as something that didn't happen, because it did.

And, by the way, it's nice to see a Commander fan finally admit that the two bombs at the end of the Cowboy game were indeed miracles. ;)

Then you give a link to ES, of all places, to let us know what "really" happened. Think Art might be biased in this argument? Figures that I would be pointed to ES to be enlightened by the truth. :rolleyes: Besides, Art admits to geeking out... so again, I don't see the lie.

Here, in your post to Silverbear, when you write:

We have many long-time fans of other teams on our board, who manage just fine. All we ask of them is the same thing we ask of Commanders fans. Follow the Rules. If you spent any time reading our board, rather than simply accepting what you hear, you would know that as well. But since I know you won’t do that with an open mind—or at least admit as much in this forum, where you seem to have made quite a name for yourself—I won’t waste my time trying to prove it. Does me no good.

You bring up the subject that you have since told me you won't discuss, and a subject that I wrote about in an earlier post in this thread, so I won't re-hash my thoughts about your site. However, again, I fail to see how you point out where McKenna's article is untrue in any way.

So, yes, I had done as you mentioned and looked at your previous post to Silverbear, and I also looked at the other threads you linked to... but I fail to see where McKenna's article wasn't true. Or where you pointed out the things proving it isn't true.

It would help if you point to specific sentences and show how that is a lie. Can you do that?

Om

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
You don't want to address anything else from my whole post? Nothing about CPND laughing at you or how foolish Art looks from his "reports"?

Oh, stop. I care about what some people on CPND care about Art as much as you care what some people on DallasCowboysCentral think about some of your mods.

And they’re not “reports.” As Art calls them himself, they’re a lighthearted blog by a fan, nothing more.

I noticed that Silverbear asked you: "Do you guys have a thread going listing all of Nunyo's mistakes, in an attempt to dismiss his opinions??"

and you answered: "Yes and no. We had a thread. Its function was to track factual errors, not opinions. If you had read it, rather than simply making easy assumptions, you would have known that."

Now, are you saying that since ES was tracking factual errors that it wasn't in an effort to discredit what Nunyo has to say? Because anyone who reads that thread can tell that the guys at ES are trying to get people not to believe anything Nunyo has to say.

Like someone on this thread has already mentioned, pointing out that Holdman actually played in 4 games in 2002 while Nunyo had written that the LB missed the 2002 season, is quite petty. The point of what he was saying I bet, was that he missed a lot of time and was injured in 2002. He got that point across and it isn't a big deal at all that Nunyo didn't mention that he played in 4 games. It's a petty effort to discredit what the man writes.

Nunyo’s a fine writer, but was an AWFUL beat reporter who made factual errors so often it became a joke among Commanders fans. After about a year of that, Art started a thread, mostly in jest, in which he thought it would be fun to track those errors. As the errors continued to pile
up---some large, some small, some simply unbelievable in their reflection of shoddy
reporting—that thread took on a life if its own.

Happily for both Nunyo AND Commanders fans, he’s now moved on the Sports Illustrated to do feature pieces. Most of us, Art included, think he’ll do well there. He’s pretty damn good when he has time to research and can better utilize his more florid narrative style. He was just a very poor fit in the daily grind beat role, and as a result, Commanders fans were treated to very poor reporting on their favorite team, on a daily basis, for a long time. Is it really that hard to understand why fans thought it worth talking about?

But I still don't know how that's proving what the article said isn't true. Were you saying that McKenna only mentions one mistake Nunyo made? McKenna writes "Demasio says he gave his enemies fuel by erroneously reporting that the Commanders were going to cut Ryan Clark before the 2004 season, but he finds the continued attacks against him on ExtremeSkins.com rather amusing." Is that what you're saying is incorrect? Because, McKenna never says that's the only factual error that Nunyo made... it's just the only one he mentions.

I fail to see how that makes the article untrue.

No, McKenna didn’t say it was the “only” mistake, he simply failed to grasp what the Nunyo thread was all about, which was the incredible litany of errors, as noted above.

Then when Silverbear asked if they hadn't made ***** of themselves in the pressbox your answer was, "Of the 5 games the Skins have played, we have had reps in the press box in four. In three of them, none of our guys made a peep. In the Dallas game, after 55 minutes of not making a peep, Art and Eric reacted to the two miracle TD’s near the end of the game, for a grand total of about 15 seconds combined."

This is pointing out what? Certainly not that McKenna was wrong, because that's basically what he wrote, "I wish they were not there,” says Elfin. “They have cheered in the press box, which is against every tenet of the press box." How is that untrue?

Are you just saying that there was nothing wrong with them geeking out in the pressbox? Because if that's what you're saying, fine... but don't try to pass it off as something that didn't happen, because it did.

Don’t be disingenuous. I’m not “passing off” anything. I’m hoping a reasonable person might grasp how ridiculous turning what actually DID happen into Pressbox Gate actually is. Should they have “cheered” for 15 seconds.” Probably not, in a perfect world. Shame on them. But for anyone to buy into McKenna’s spin as fed him by Elfin, and try to make this into more than it was—an isolated, mildly protocol-breaking 15 seconds---is just plain silly.

Yes, they “cheered”—for all of about 15 seconds. In a Press Box in a stadium with tens of thousands of other people reacting viscerally as well, INCLUDING some in the very same Press Box (did you happen to catch that in your reading?).

And, by the way, it's nice to see a Commander fan finally admit that the two bombs at the end of the Cowboy game were indeed miracles.

I’m enlightened that way.

You enlightened enough to admit The Streak was one, too? :)

Then you give a link to ES, of all places, to let us know what "really" happened. Think Art might be biased in this argument? Figures that I would be pointed to ES to be enlightened by the truth. Besides, Art admits to geeking out... so again, I don't see the lie.

So ... don’t believe a single thing Art says, but swallow McKenna’s piece hook, line and sinker?

Gotcha.

Here, in your post to Silverbear, when you write:

Quote:
We have many long-time fans of other teams on our board, who manage just fine. All we ask of them is the same thing we ask of Commanders fans. Follow the Rules. If you spent any time reading our board, rather than simply accepting what you hear, you would know that as well. But since I know you won’t do that with an open mind—or at least admit as much in this forum, where you seem to have made quite a name for yourself—I won’t waste my time trying to prove it. Does me no good.

You bring up the subject that you have since told me you won't discuss, and a subject that I wrote about in an earlier post in this thread, so I won't re-hash my thoughts about your site. However, again, I fail to see how you point out where McKenna's article is untrue in any way.

So, yes, I had done as you mentioned and looked at your previous post to Silverbear, and I also looked at the other threads you linked to... but I fail to see where McKenna's article wasn't true. Or where you pointed out the things proving it isn't true.

It would help if you point to specific sentences and show how that is a lie. Can you do that?

Seriously? You still need me to lead you by the hand on this? Even with what I've written already, plus the ES thread and the context it provides for anyone actually looking beyond their blind disdain for certain individuals, plus the SJ threads that provide even more context?

Probably. But not tonight, it’s late and I’m crashing.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Om said:
Lots of words, much opinion ... not much substance.

Seems we're both guilty of that, then...

Yes and no. We had a thread. Its function was to track factual errors, not opinions. If you had read it, rather than simply making easy assumptions, you would have known that.

If YOU had read MY comments a little more closely, you would have known that I didn't say you were tracking his opinions... I said you were tracking errors he made, i.e, factual errors... I further said you were doing this to discredit the guy, to suggest that his writing should not be taken seriously...

Which you were, of course... and as I've said, while he was covering the Skins, I read just about everything he read, and found him to be reasonably accurate and reliable when he made an assertion of fact, especially when compared to any number of Metroplex mediots...

Of the 5 games the Skins have played, we have had reps in the press box in four. In three of them, none of our guys made a peep. In the Dallas game, after 55 minutes of not making a peep, Art and Eric reacted to the two miracle TD’s near the end of the game, for a grand total of about 15 seconds combined.

I completely understand the excitement a Skins fan would have felt at that time... at the same time, if it had been me up in the Cowboys' press box, and I was aware that cheering of that sort was considered bad etiquette, I'd like to think that as a guest, I would have respected the rules of the house, and refrained from an emotional outburst (I probably would have stepped outside the press box for a moment to blow off some steam)...

So, although the fan in me can understand the reaction you just described, it was still an asinine thing for them to do... I don't know Eric, but "asinine" fits ol' Art right down to the ground...

We have many long-time fans of other teams on our board, who manage just fine. All we ask of them is the same thing we ask of Commanders fans. Follow the Rules.

Sorry, but I KNOW better... what it requires for you to get along over on that board is to not rock the boat, not express views contrary to the party line over there... that's also true for Skins fans; if you cross over a line, you'll have Art ORDERING you to post EXACTLY what he says, or face banning... THAT, I've seen with my own two eyes...

And if you're a fan of another team, any post that doesn't follow the party line will earn you an insulting avatar or sig... it would be one thing if the fan of another team was being in your face offensive, I've done similar things to trolls on other boards... but you guys will do it to guys who don't appear to be trolling at all, if you don't like the honest opinion they express... of course, you do this in the hopes they'll get insulted, and go away... h***, at times you guys won't even allow posters you believe to be Cowboys fans to REGISTER for your board...

I've also seen a number of instances where Art got into an argument with some fan of another team, and lied about what he'd said earlier, at which point that fan would go back and produce quotes from Art saying exactly what he was alleged to have said... then Art would go back and edit the post from which the quote was taken...

If you spent any time reading our board, rather than simply accepting what you hear, you would know that as well.

You have no idea what reading I've done, Om... in point of fact, I have followed any number of threads over there, having been linked to them by one or another of the Cowboys' message boards I frequent...

I watched Art brag about supposedly intimidating a Cowboys fan at FedEx Field into leaving the stadium, a contemptible little boast (not to mention dubious, having seen a picture of Art) that provoked the most nauseating little circle jerk... I also watched the incident in which Art ordered a poster to post exactly what Art said to post-- and I do mean exactly-- or be banned... and when the poster refused to knuckle under to that chickens*** piece of blackmail, he WAS banned... Art could have simply posted the rebuttal himself, but that wasn't good enough for him, he wanted to throw his weight around...

Bottom line, much as you might wish to dismiss me by saying I don't know *** I'm talking about, I made no accusations that I didn't witness my own self... my snarling contempt for that small fraction of a man we call Art started with his bragging about that alleged FedEx Field incident...

But since I know you won’t do that with an open mind—or at least admit as much in this forum, where you seem to have made quite a name for yourself

Have you considered the possibility that I have the reputation you say I have in here largely because I call 'em like I see 'em, and I make an effort to be fair and balanced in my criticisms??

Oh, I can be an obnoxious PITA on a flame or rant board, but we don't have one of those over here, so I work at staying away from that in here...

As I've said, I basically have a high opinion of you and Henry, so I'm not down on ALL aspects of your board... in every thread I have followed over there, I see Skins fans expressing reasonable, rational, well thought out arguments... and your access to the team itself is to be envied...

But I would never, ever sign up for extremeskins, even if I was a Skins fan, after seeing how that jackass Art operates... he's a piece of crap, and as long as he's in a position of influence in there, your board will remain a cosmic joke... the latest example is him braggin' about how he's gettin' laid now that the board is affiliated with the Skins; can you imagine any mod or admin in here acting that way??

Art is a classic case of arrested development, and how you guys ever let him have any authority in there is beyond me... I'm sorry if my saying that offends you (and I'm being serious there, not just mouthing platitudes-- I don't much like offending you, but I can't sugar-coat how I feel on this one...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
:eek:

Better watch our, Bear... You're in VA, right? That might be close enough for Big Bad Art himself to come down there and make you eat your words!

:lmao2:

silverbear

Reaction score
Om said:
My presence in this thread was specifically about the City Paper hatchet job, in response to some of the more gleeful shots and liberties people were taking. That's all. At this point, the conversation appears to have veered off from that, and honed in instead on the usual complaints about how we run our board. That's cool, but count me out. I've fought that fight already, and realized it was going nowhere.

This thread veered off in that direction because those complaints are quite similar to the criticisms expressed in the article that started this thread...

It's McKenna, and those who would blindly believe his smear job has any real merit, that I was interested in outing.

If you wish us to believe the article is without merit, you need more than "oh, that paper is just a rag"... offer us some substantial critique of the claims made in the article, show us where McKenna is full of crap...

Absent that, your "outing" is awfully weak... what, we're supposed to believe the guy has an axe to grind with you guys, just because YOU say so??

You don't have to defend the criticisms we've made of extremeskins in this thread if you feel it's a waste of time, all you have to defend iareyour assertions that the article is just hot air... to do that, you'll need to offer us rational rebuttal of some or all of the claims contained therein...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Pretty sure he never bragged about being laid. Only the potential to get laid.

An important distinction, since he seems to be married...

However, even doing that is remarkably juvenile... as I said in another thread, can you imagine a mod or admin from this board saying such a thing?? Or boasting about intimidating a fan of another team into leaving the stadium??

Those are the actions of a 12 year old... and this classic case of arrested development is one of the leaders of your board, indeed he's probably the poster boy for that board??

Please...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I feel that I have a decent relationship on this board with several members including some who either didnt remember me from the old board or are just smack talkers regardless. I try to treat people with respect and voice my opinions in a way that doesnt bring flame wars or just mindless responses. I will defend the Commanders or point out inaccurrate statements with facts or clear proof, but I will give the Cowboys due when they deserve it.

I can say I hold you in pretty high regard... you seem like a good guy...

I have never been banned from this site (nor any other) and there is a reason. I treat people with respect. I am not just another Commanders troll. I realize that this is a Cowboys message board so no name calling and spamming, or simply posting stupid threads for the hell of it. Dont get me wrong I love smack talk as much as the next guy and participate from time to time.

Check out the NFC East Rantatorium, we smack each other around gleefully, yet we're almost all buddies, regardless of our team affiliation... it's the last board that still keeps me around as a moderator, LOL...

Moral to the story: Treat an opponents board as you would expect opponents to treat yours.

Or put another way, act as if you're a guest in somebody's home... I also try to do that when I wander onto other teams' forums, and it has stood me in good stead... I can smack around trolls who wander into the assorted Cowboys forums I haunt, if I'm in a mood for that kind of entertainment...

Now make me a sig or at least convince juke. haha.

I'm sure Juke would be happy to, all you have to do is tell him who your favorite Cowboy is... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm not joking when I say this, 90% or more of the bad perception of that site is directly related to one guy. ONE. The other 10% of the bad perception is the DTC. Just the facts.

Truer words were never spoken...

You should not feel like you have to defend that one guy. He relishes the image he has created. I don't get that personally. If this site had someone like him as a Mod I wouldn't post here. It's why I dont post there.

I wouldn't post in here if I had to deal with that kind of testosterone-driven fascism, either...

This is gonna sound like the ultimate suckup, but it is the absolute truth-- the mods on this board are the very best I have ever encountered... being who I am, I have on occasion stepped over the line... in each and every instance, though, I have been approached by one or another of the mods via PM, and told gently where I screwed up... most of the time, they soften their criticisms by assuring me that I'm a valued member of the board...

And all of the time, they've been right... so they don't get pissed at me when I screw up, and once we get past it, the episode is forgotten... I greatly admire the patient way they deal with a huge ol' PITA like me...

silverbear

Reaction score
Om said:
As the errors continued to pile
up---some large, some small, some simply unbelievable in their reflection of shoddy
reporting—that thread took on a life if its own.

Happily for both Nunyo AND Commanders fans, he’s now moved on the Sports Illustrated to do feature pieces.

Hmmm, one wonders why such a "shoddy reporter" wound up landing such a prestigious job... seems to me his hiring at SI is an eloquent rebuttal to your claims of incompetence...

silverbear

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
:eek:

Better watch our, Bear... You're in VA, right? That might be close enough for Big Bad Art himself to come down there and make you eat your words!

Oooooh, now I'm all a-tremble... LOL...

I'm 53 years old, found out this week I'm a diabetic, and I'd still be my last cent that if Art and I ever got face to face, he'd be REAL diplomatic... for sure, he'd know better than to try the same kind of intimidation he claims to have used on the Cowboys fan at the stadium...

But if he does want to come out and play, I'm over in the Shenandoah Valley, maybe 2 hours from the stadium...

:lmao2:[/QUOTE]

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
Let's not rewrite history, Rack. You drop Mofo on the board, you get booted.

I never had to edit your posts. You acted like a goob all on your own.

Still claiming I called you a "Mofo" huh? No biggie, most everyone over there knows you lied and are a liar.

And, yes, you edited posts there. I'm sure you still do. You are the Cowboys version of Art, only probably less knowledgeable. And that says a lot.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear said:
for sure, he'd know better than to try the same kind of intimidation he claims to have used on the Cowboys fan at the stadium...

Reading that crap about Art makes me want to go watch a Cowboys game at FedEx Field just HOPING he (or any other of their cowardly fans) would F with me. I'd love to hand my camera to a buddy and have him take pictures of me wiping the floor with that ******.

After I was done with him I'd force him to wear a cowboys jersey and take pictures of him wearing it.

I have more to say about this but the mods here are very kind and I wouldn't want to put them in a situation to where would have to face possibly banning me, so I'll just leave it at that. :D

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Rack said:
Still claiming I called you a "Mofo" huh? No biggie, most everyone over there knows you lied and are a liar.

And, yes, you edited posts there. I'm sure you still do. You are the Cowboys version of Art, only probably less knowledgeable. And that says a lot.

Whatever, Nancy!

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

That post is defaming to the great name of Art. I'm growing VERY tired of uneducated posts like this.

Go to ExtremeSkins NOW and apologize to the almighty Art.

If I see your name beside a post after this time stamp that does not include an apology to Art, you will be severely punished.

YOU WILL DO THIS NOW.

silverbear

Reaction score
Hoffa said:
That post is defaming to the great name of Art. I'm growing VERY tired of uneducated posts like this.

Go to ExtremeSkins NOW and apologize to the almighty Art.

If I see your name beside a post after this time stamp that does not include an apology to Art, you will be severely punished.

YOU WILL DO THIS NOW.

Jawohl, herr Ubersturmfuehrer...

Sieg heil, y'all...

Seriously, is that the most outrageous abuse of moderatorial powers you guys have ever seen, or what?? Even more comical is the way other mods in there rushed to ban folks who called him out for his blatant fascism... their rule about how nobody is allowed to dispute a moderator is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen...

And that's coming from a guy who has been a moderator on a couple-three boards... yeah, every time I took some action I heard about it from any number of folks who disagreed with me; so what?? If I'm not willing to justify my actions (or worse, not ABLE to justify my actions), there's something wrong...

The best way you can ensure that somebody in power doesn't abuse that power is to make him answerable for his actions... failing to do so lets junior grade ***** like Art get away with crap like we saw in that thread...

Art could have chosen to post the information he wanted to see posted his own self, as a rebuttal to fpickering's offensive opinions (offensive to Art, that is, I happen to agree that Manuel was a curious pick at that point), but instead he chose to get confrontational, in a way that he pretty much knew no man would respond positively to-- you WILL do as I say, or I'll kick you out of here...

IOW, Art cynically manipulated the dialogue to ensure he could ban the guy he clearly wanted to "punish", while maintaining the illusion that he was trying to give the guy a chance...

Is there anybody reading this thread who would have done as Art demanded?? I rather doubt it...

What happened is clear, I think... Art read a lot of critical posts regarding the Skins' draft, from Skins fans, and he can't STAND to read negative comments about his team... and after a time, he just snapped, and leaned on fpickering as a way of venting his anger...

That's bad enough, but it was worse watching the other mods rally behind him... they should have been telling him to grow up...