Article: Have Smart Phones Destroyed a Generation?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Rock n Roll destroyed a generation , If the TV destroyed a generation, if the home gaming consoles destroyed a generation, if the home computer and internet destroyed a generation... I guess the smart phone can destroy a generation.

Wonder what it will be that destroys the next generation.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the internet has had more of a negative impact than smartphones, not that I am saying the internet is bad. It has just taken over much of the lives of everyone, especially the younger generation.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kids spend so much time in front of the computer they do very little else. A significant contribution to child obesity.

Before that it was the gaming consoles....Atari and Nintendo as excuses of why kids did not go out and play.

There will always be an excuse of something that ruined a generation.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Rock n Roll destroyed a generation , If the TV destroyed a generation, if the home gaming consoles destroyed a generation, if the home computer and internet destroyed a generation... I guess the smart phone can destroy a generation.

Wonder what it will be that destroys the next generation.

Robots, it will be robots! Next generations kids won't have to go out and make friends, they will buy one.......a robot! :laugh:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Any technology can be abused and smartphones are no exception. I get driven nuts by people who use their phones, texting or whatever, at movie theaters. I can't imagine not being able to sit still for two hours to watch a movie. If they can't do that, they should stay home and watch movies on their flat screens.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think the internet has had more of a negative impact than smartphones, not that I am saying the internet is bad. It has just taken over much of the lives of everyone, especially the younger generation.

Smart phones have made internet access easier and have enticed more people to access the internet. I think people forget that it wasn't too long ago that people that were heavy internet users were considered to be dorky losers with no life. That perception is virtually extinct, now.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
They most certainly have. And every time my son pulls out his phone I yell "instant gratification, instant gratification."

So much so that he says it now when I use mine, LOL. But I'm not updating some damn Instagram, Twitter, etc.

I don't take his phone from him since he's an honor roll student. But if he wasn't, there would be no phone.

Y'all should listen to Noam Chomsky speak on it. Educate yourselves further than an observation.

It's killing our kids. This isn't a "millennial" thing, this is an under-18 dealio.

Noam Chomsky. Educate yourselves.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Glad to be in the minority who does not use smart phones (using an old Nokia call and answer.)
I don't feel the need for it.so what if i get my email the next day big deal.

hairic

Reaction score
Not smartphones, social media. There are studies pointing to social media being an actual, contributing issue to mental disorders, and nothing about smartphones that isn't unique to smartphones. Smartphones are just computers that can also be used as phones.