Article on the Eagles roster building that is applicable to the Cowboys

phildadon86

Reaction score
The Cowboys won the division finishing ahead of the Eagles.
LOL. Yeah.

What was the result of that?

Losing to the 7th seed for the first time in the history of the NFL since 7 seeds were allowed into the playoffs? At home? Without even showing a pulse until the Packers took their starters out?

Awesome. When is the parade?

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL. Yeah.

What was the result of that?

Losing to the 7th seed for the first time in the history of the NFL since 7 seeds were allowed into the playoffs? At home? Without even showing a pulse until the Packers took their starters out?

Awesome. When is the parade?
It will be funny if they beat the Eagles again after the cry babies have told us once again how good the Eagles are.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah the Eagles made some questionable decisions. Paying Barkley Zeke money, paying the Jet free agent pass rusher, and bringing back Garderner-Johnson with a big contract. They still haven’t replaced their two legacy linemen and the secondary is a mess. I think they way overpaid Hurts as well.
I think they thought they were getting the replacement for Cox and Kelce with Davis and Jurgens. Davis looks like a definite “no”! Of the teams considered most likely to challenge the 49ers, Rams, Lions, Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, if you had to bet on the one most likely to lose more games than they win this season, it’s the Eagles. They are a house of cards. But they aren’t acting like their roster is just fine as is. They act like they have numerous holes they need to do something about. All you can do between the end of the season and the draft is consider free agents and decide who on your current roster you want to lock down. They’re doing that, for better or worse. Cowboys fans have to watch an exodus of players with seemingly no effort to build the roster. The Eagles are trying hard to get Smith signed before big time receivers start signing monster deals. Dallas has one of those big time receivers, perhaps the best in the NFL, and don’t seem in any itching hurry to sign him. The angst here is real and very understandable.

HungryLion

Reaction score
LOL.

Yes they are. They literally have to draft a RB in the first 2-3 picks. The odds are they likely are going to have to force a pick on a RB, for example, even if there is a better player on the board.

Honest question, do you ever get tired constantly defending and constantly spinning something positive for a franchise that has failed you every season since the mid 90s?
I think it’s Stephen jones’ burner account.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It will be funny if they beat the Eagles again after the cry babies have told us once again how good the Eagles are.
My man...the Eagles won the SB in 2017 and came within a whisker of winning it again in 2022. Their current/recent front office is running laps around the Jones & Jones Circus. Smart money says the Eagles will very likely reach another Championship Game or Super Bowl very soon, while Jerry is still selling his "hanging around the rim" dream to Cowboys Nation.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hahaha sure they will. They have more spots to fill than they have draft picks. 3 major holes on the OL. A CB coming back from an ACL but yeah. They are better than last year.
They should be a double digit win team. It's funny that some fans have no clue.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The division winner beat the other one in my book.
What bearing does that have on this article though, which is about big picture roster building philosophy?

You bring up last year as if it proves some point.

The division has had a different winner every year for 20 years...but the Eagles have gone to 8 NFC Champ Games and 3 Superbowls since the turn of the century, and we haven't won a single Divisional Game....

That's the point of this thread, that what they're doing has led them to be perhaps the most consistently winning (reg season plus postseason) NFC team this century, while we haven't been to a single NFC CG, hence the idea that perhaps we should try and learn from them.

How does saying "well, we won it LAST year" have any bearing on these facts, and this thread, which is about a philosophy over time, not a single cherry picked season, which STILL ended in utter playoff failure in a humiliating fashion yet again for Dallas?

Chasing6

Reaction score
What bearing does that have on this article though, which is about big picture roster building philosophy?

You bring up last year as if it proves some point.

The division has had a different winner every year for 20 years...but the Eagles have gone to 8 NFC Champ Games and 3 Superbowls since the turn of the century, and we haven't won a single Divisional Game....

That's the point of this thread, that what they're doing has led them to be perhaps the most consistently winning (reg season plus postseason) NFC team this century, while we haven't been to a single NFC CG, hence the idea that perhaps we should try and learn from them.

How does saying "well, we won it LAST year" have any bearing on these facts, and this thread, which is about a philosophy over time, not a single cherry picked season, which STILL ended in utter playoff failure in a humiliating fashion yet again for Dallas?
You are making a logical argument that GM Jethro does not know what he is doing and that it is not 100% Dak's fault.

Be careful the DDS fans will come after you.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You are making a logical argument that GM Jethro does not know what he is doing and that it is not 100% Dak's fault.

Be careful the DDS fans will come after you.
Well I don't like the 2.

Jerruh could have a dumb roster building philosophy, and yet if Dak were an elite QB we still would have won way more than we have. We woulda had at least ONE or TWO successful playoff runs in his career.

I think Jerruh and Dak suck independently of each other.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They should be a double digit win team. It's funny that some fans have no clue.
LOL. Yeah it is funny that some fans have no clue. Problem is. You are talking about the wrong fan.
Road games.

Niners-Loss
Browns-Loss
Eagles-Loss
Washington-Win
NYG-Win
Steelers-Loss
Falcons-Loss
Panthers-Win

Home games
NYG-Win
Eagles-Win
Commanders-Win
New Orleans-Win
Tampa-Loss
Detroit-Loss
Baltimore-LOL Loss
Bengals-Loss
Texans-Loss

Please tell me where I am wrong here. If looking at the roster construction currently.

Id happily debate wins and losses with you if you actually throw your fan glasses out the window and want to have an honest conversation.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL. Yeah it is funny that some fans have no clue. Problem is. You are talking about the wrong fan.
Road games.

Niners-Loss
Browns-Loss
Eagles-Loss
Washington-Win
NYG-Win
Steelers-Loss
Falcons-Loss
Panthers-Win

Home games
NYG-Win
Eagles-Win
Commanders-Win
New Orleans-Win
Tampa-Loss
Detroit-Loss
Baltimore-LOL Loss
Bengals-Loss
Texans-Loss

Please tell me where I am wrong here. If looking at the roster construction currently.

Id happily debate wins and losses with you if you actually throw your fan glasses out the window and want to have an honest conversation.
Good luck in Vegas.

rambo2

Reaction score
Road games.

Niners-Loss
Browns-Loss
Eagles-Loss
Washington-Win
NYG-Win
Steelers-Loss
Falcons-Loss
Panthers-Win

Home games
NYG-Win
Eagles-Win
Commanders-Win
New Orleans-Win
Tampa-Loss
Detroit-Loss
Baltimore-LOL Loss
Bengals-Loss
Texans-Loss

Lol, you are ridiculous. We haven't even had the draft. Tell me who is getting hurt and when? You actually think that you can pick individual win and losses before the season even starts. That is really funny.

rambo2

Reaction score
Road games.

Niners-Loss
Browns-Loss
Eagles-Loss
Washington-Win
NYG-Win
Steelers-Loss
Falcons-Loss
Panthers-Win

Home games
NYG-Win
Eagles-Win
Commanders-Win
New Orleans-Win
Tampa-Loss
Detroit-Loss
Baltimore-LOL Loss
Bengals-Loss
Texans-Loss

You should just put all of your money on the under 10.5 wins if you know all of this.