Article on the Eagles roster building that is applicable to the Cowboys

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol, you are ridiculous. We haven't even had the draft. Tell me who is getting hurt and when? You actually think that you can pick individual win and losses before the season even starts. That is really funny.
Tell me where I am wrong. Because on paper. All of those teams as it stands are better than the Cowboys.

Lost 8 starters. Have less draft picks. If they move Tyler to LT they have 3 holes on the OL.

You really cant see the forest for the trees can you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The "trash" franchise that has played in 2 SBs in 8 years while we can't sniff a conference title game in nearly 30.

LOL. The reality is they (as are other teams that don't ignore FA), are now not forced to grab positions in the draft unlike us. I am not surprised the homer brigade has missed the point here.
Like I said, you don’t have to hype up their franchise to me. I know we are poorly ran. What eagles do or don’t do has no effects on that.

rambo2

Reaction score
Tell me where I am wrong. Because on paper. All of those teams as it stands are better than the Cowboys.

Lost 8 starters. Have less draft picks. If they move Tyler to LT they have 3 holes on the OL.

You really cant see the forest for the trees can you?
You are wrong because we haven't had the draft yet. Can you list the 8 starters that you say we lost?

phildadon86

Reaction score
You are wrong because we haven't had the draft yet. Can you list the 8 starters that you say we lost?
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Armstrong
Fowler
Gallimore
Hankins
Pollard

Sorry. 7.

Look at that list. Starting LT C DE DT RB.

You replacing 5 starters in the draft? You expecting them to go 7 for 7? My God man.

Wake up.

rambo2

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Armstrong
Fowler
Gallimore
Hankins
Pollard

Sorry. 7.

You replacing 5 starters in the draft? You expecting them to go 7 for 7? My God man.

Wake up.
Armstrong and Fowler were not starters. We should get better at center and running back. A good chance that we get better at receiver with Gallup leaving. Gallimore isn't a starter.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Armstrong
Fowler
Gallimore
Hankins
Pollard

Sorry. 7.

Wake up.
They are expecting next man up and first 3 picks to make an impact. Still a big risk and depletes our depth significantly.

It will not work.

Just like their plan to fix our run game, did not work.

Just like their plan to fix our run defense did not work.

We have more holes than last year, and we will be leaking out wins on both sides of the ball.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
The only thing the Eagles do that I wish we did is offer contracts a year early. This DeVonta Smith contract is a great example. They sign him to an extension a year early and saved a few headaches and bucks. Had he played hardball they may have put him on the trade block while he has value and used the trade capital to find his replacement in this draft.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Armstrong and Fowler were not starters. We should get better at center and running back. A good chance that we get better at receiver with Gallup leaving. Gallimore isn't a starter.
They may not have been starters but they had significant snaps.

You are delusional. There is no talking to you because the FO could literally tell you they are tanking and you would say "they are tanking the best way possible".

We gonna get better at LT too? Because Tyron played very well last season. Hes gone. Moving Tyler shouldnt even be an option. You dont move an All pro. But this FO will and youll tell us how great a move it is.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Armstrong
Fowler
Gallimore
Hankins
Pollard

Sorry. 7.

Wake up.
But we are expecting 4 5th round comp picks in 2025. So we should be alright. Right?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Lurie is not as meddlesome as you claim. He leaves much of the franchises decisions to Roseman. In other words, it's not Lurie who pulls off a trade for AJ Brown, but here in Dallas, it's Jerry/Stephen working any trades. Lurie doesn't negotiate contracts (money, details, etc). It's largely the Jones' here.

There is no set up in the NFL like what we have in Dallas. None.
So you grant that Mara and the Giants are. Great. That is all I need to win the argument, Crayola.

Jerry, the one actually being argued, doesn't negotiate contracts and you sure seem to have a lot of unknowable knowledge about day to day workings of the Eagles and Cowboys. I call BS. I am just talking structure anyway.

rambo2

Reaction score

You are delusional. There is no talking to you because the FO could literally tell you they are tanking and you would say "they are tanking the best way possible".

We gonna get better at LT too? Because Tyron played very well last season. Hes gone. Moving Tyler shouldnt even be an option. You dont move an All pro. But this FO will and youll tell us how great a move it is.
Delusional is calling bench players starters.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
“should get better at center”? How?

fivetwos

Reaction score

Agree with most of that, but there’s a very good shot that Tyler is the best LT on the roster, and if that’s the case you’ve gotta play him there. I get that he is also the best LG on the roster but, I ain’t the guy in charge of bringing in no one.

If Edoga spends any meaningful time on the field it’s gonna get ugly.

shabazz

Reaction score
They should be a double digit win team. It's funny that some fans have no clue.
They would literally have to make starters out of last year's and this years draftees.......sounds plausible

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Barton, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Zach Frazier, and so on. You don't follow the draft?
I follow it enough to know they’ll have to use their first round pick on one of those three because all will be selected before the Cowboys’ second pick. And it’s a rare rookie who is a capable center in the NFL.