As a young fan, I'm frustrated

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I know we were without a lot of key pieces today. I know that it's just one loss and that this was game prior to the season I thought we'd lose. I know we're 7-3. That said, I'm frustrated. I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan, but I don't know success like a lot of you. The best I had seen this team do is make the divisional round before conking out, and this season seems to be starting to trend that way as well. This loss hurt more than usual, despite expecting a loss. It hurt because we had the 1 seed for the taking. I thought after the Atlanta match, we'd showed that we were a different team to what I'd been accustomed to. This season finally was looking like it might be the payoff for all the years of losing I'm accustomed to. There's still plenty of time, and a win against the Raiders and/or the Saints would be huge to helping us get where we want to be. It just hurt today more than usual.
Word of advice....losses are like X-wives. There will always be another...and the next one will hurt just as bad. Cheer up...@ least you haven't sat through 25 years of this worthless hope Jerry sells.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
In December once we get everyone back this team will be a force. that D played well today and look who we are missing. This team is not done yet.
Don’t lie to yourself. This team has issues galore that cannot be fixed by a mere injured player or two. The issues are deeper than that and always have been.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We need to find other sports or teams to be interested in because Dallas losing and faltering when they are expected to step up is as certain as death and taxes in this world.

Well, I am a furry which is always enjoyable to me, and I can't wait to show my suit off on here when it comes in, and I can't wait to be in Chicago next week. It'll be so nice to be back at that con!!!

RS12

Reaction score
It's all I know.
Sorry to hear that. In the pre salary cap era 1966 to 1985 this team made the playoffs every year and made you feel like they could always make a playoff run. Then the black cloud in the owners box appeared.

cowboyec

Reaction score
not good enough yet.
all there is to it.
in games like this we either waste a good game by the offense.
or a good game by the defense.
disappointing.
we have got to consistently find our way thru the trash.
we're getting close.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cut him some slack man he been constantly shutting down that left side since he was 20 years old injuries do pile up wear and tear
I certainly understand that and I love the guy as a Cowboys fan. Unfortunately, he's older and more susceptible to injuries. It's the FO's responsibility to know this and take action. The line wasn't very good today, again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Word of advice....losses are like X-wives. There will always be another...and the next one will hurt just as bad. Cheer up...@ least you haven't sat through 25 years of this worthless hope Jerry sells.

The Broncos and Bucs ones didn't hurt much. The losses last year become numb to me. This one hurt more than most losses lately. The last time a loss was this painful to me was when we played the Bears in 2019 when I was at the game, and then I had at least a con to go back to (which I do now on December 1)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm excited with the way the D looked. I'm just saying, on the whole, the loss hurt just cuz I don't like what I see coming up, and December is when I see us collapse, and I'm getting the feeling we may be starring down the barrel of that now..mainly cuz it's all I know.

There are reasons for the poor play. Its the injuries. You act like we were completely healthy and laid an egg.

Take away 2 of Mahomes lineman, Kelsy and Hill and see how well he plays. He had everyone and could only muster 1 TD today.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
not good enough yet.
all there is to it.
in games like this we either waste a good game by the offense.
or a good game by the defense.
disappointing.
we have got to consistently find our way thru the trash.
we're getting close.

All I see is close, getting close, and then it collapses. THat's all I know.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There are reasons for the poor play. Its the injuries. You act like we were completely healthy and laid an egg.

Take away 2 of Mahomes lineman, Kelsy and Hill and see how well he plays. He had everyone and could only muster 1 TD today.

Good point. I know we were without a lot of key pieces. I guess what hurts more is knowing that CeeDee might not be able to play on Thursday either along with Coop. The concern I am stating isn't just about this loss. It's about what it means to our season going on.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Truthfully, not drafting or trading for a replacement left tackle was a mistake. If this season has taught the front office anything, hopefully it's Tyron Smith can't hold up for a whole season.

Been saying that Tyron Smith cannot hold up for a whole season for the last 3 years. Back problems and neck problems don't just magically get better. Granted he is suffering from bone spurs now but injuries are going to be a way of life with Tyron now.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As an old fan, I’m frustrated. The injuries are catching up with us. The players will be back though. Plenty of season left to get healthy and get better. I am just grateful this isn’t last year. We are leaps and bounds better than last year. Can’t win them all. Look at the Bills today. Ask the Rams. Ask Tennessee. Get healthy, we’ll be fine.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good point. I know we were without a lot of key pieces. I guess what hurts more is knowing that CeeDee might not be able to play on Thursday either along with Coop. The concern I am stating isn't just about this loss. It's about what it means to our season going on.

I dont see the big concern. The NFC East is a cake walk. Probably the #1 seed is not looking so hot. If we go 500 the rest of the way we are fine. As long as we are healthy with most guys back going into the playoffs.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl since I was in kindergarten, so I get it. Haven't been really close since either.

You've got to think at some point it has to be our year right?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Broncos and Bucs ones didn't hurt much. The losses last year become numb to me. This one hurt more than most losses lately. The last time a loss was this painful to me was when we played the Bears in 2019 when I was at the game, and then I had at least a con to go back to (which I do now on December 1)
I completely saw this coming ....started with Tyron...warming up...looking ready to play...yet he mailed it in like a diva....Cooper news on Friday....then Lamb going down was the back breaking deal. I will take the L and move on...this was KCs Super Bowl...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I dont see the big concern. The NFC East is a cake walk. Probably the #1 seed is not looking so hot. If we go 500 the rest of the way we are fine. As long as we are healthy with most guys back going into the playoffs.

fair enough, and all we need is to get to the postseason and see what happens.