As a young fan, I'm frustrated

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As an old fan, I’m frustrated. The injuries are catching up with us. The players will be back though. Plenty of season left to get healthy and get better. I am just grateful this isn’t last year. We are leaps and bounds better than last year. Can’t win them all. Look at the Bills today. Ask the Rams. Ask Tennessee. Get healthy, we’ll be fine.

This is true. This is the best team I'e seen out of us aside from maybe 2014. And it's interesting that Green Bay, the Bills, and the Titans all lost as well. I just thought that a win today could be good to get us in the 1st seed.

JayFord

Reaction score
one season i remember we started off 0-2 and won the superbowl

im just glad the internet wasnt available back then

kramskoi

Reaction score
I know we were without a lot of key pieces today. I know that it's just one loss and that this was game prior to the season I thought we'd lose. I know we're 7-3. That said, I'm frustrated. I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan, but I don't know success like a lot of you. The best I had seen this team do is make the divisional round before conking out, and this season seems to be starting to trend that way as well. This loss hurt more than usual, despite expecting a loss. It hurt because we had the 1 seed for the taking. I thought after the Atlanta match, we'd showed that we were a different team to what I'd been accustomed to. This season finally was looking like it might be the payoff for all the years of losing I'm accustomed to. There's still plenty of time, and a win against the Raiders and/or the Saints would be huge to helping us get where we want to be. It just hurt today more than usual.
Regardless of what this team does or does not do, nothing will ever come close to the experience of the Cowboys from 92 - 96. As fans we will never see such an extended period of dominance ever again. It just isn't the same.

The road game at the Saints is the last real test before Arizona at the end. Dallas needs that game, as I thought when looking at this three game set. Going 2 - 1 would not be the worst thing, especially given the injuries at present. Now they have to go 2-0, otherwise they are in danger of letting Philly or Washington back into this thing (with all the head to head matchups still to come).

If Prescott had the o-line play he had in 2016 then today would've gone differently but I said in 2017/18 that he may never again have that level of play. And here we are...and now he's making 40 million/yr, which now puts a premium on good drafting from here on. Same goes for the defense going forward.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Regardless of what this team does or does not do, nothing will ever come close to the experience of the Cowboys from 92 - 96. As fans we will never see such an extended period of dominance ever again. It just isn't the same.

The road game at the Saints is the last real test before Arizona at the end. Dallas needs that game, as I thought when looking at this three game set. Going 2 - 1 would not be the worst thing, especially given the injuries at present. Now they have to go 2-0, otherwise they are in danger of letting Philly or Washington back into this thing (with all the head to head matchups still to come).

If Prescott had the o-line play he had in 2016 then today would've gone differently but I said in 2017/18 that he may never again have that level of play. And here we are...and now he's making 40 million/yr, which now puts a premium on good drafting from here on. Same goes for the defense going forward.

I think we will be fine with Dak. I'm not sure he needed a 2016 line today. Just one competent with Tyron playing today and/or Coop playing. The good news is the next 2 games are either in Texas or indoors, which is in Dak's advantage.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I know we were without a lot of key pieces today. I know that it's just one loss and that this was game prior to the season I thought we'd lose. I know we're 7-3. That said, I'm frustrated. I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan, but I don't know success like a lot of you. The best I had seen this team do is make the divisional round before conking out, and this season seems to be starting to trend that way as well. This loss hurt more than usual, despite expecting a loss. It hurt because we had the 1 seed for the taking. I thought after the Atlanta match, we'd showed that we were a different team to what I'd been accustomed to. This season finally was looking like it might be the payoff for all the years of losing I'm accustomed to. There's still plenty of time, and a win against the Raiders and/or the Saints would be huge to helping us get where we want to be. It just hurt today more than usual.
Hang in there it is getting better a lot better 1 game is not the season we lost and will again we were not blown out

JustChip

Reaction score
We need to find other sports or teams to be interested in because Dallas losing and faltering when they are expected to step up is as certain as death and taxes in this world.
Yep. And it’s not really new. Us old-timers suffered through the “next year’s champions” label teams in the 60s and into the early 70s.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sorry for all you young fans.
It has not always been this way.
Until we change the GM don't know it's gonna get any better

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cut him some slack man he been constantly shutting down that left side since he was 20 years old injuries do pile up wear and tear
Not only that but the injury he's had this season (ankle) was literally the result of his own teammate unintentionally injuring him

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Truthfully, not drafting or trading for a replacement left tackle was a mistake. If this season has taught the front office anything, hopefully it's Tyron Smith can't hold up for a whole season.

We did draft Josh Ball, although, he's a rookie who got injured and put on IR. Not sure when he'll return but by then, it might be too late for him to develop into someone we can use successfully this year. We also got Ty Nsekhe, a vet FA, who hasn't exactly distinguished himself satisfactorily. I'm unsure if we'll draft one in the next draft or vet FA, although, it likely wouldn't be a bad idea.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Don’t lie to yourself. This team has issues galore that cannot be fixed by a mere injured player or two. The issues are deeper than that and always have been.

Keep thinking that. Most Cowboy fans are completely clueless.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sorry for all you young fans.
It has not always been this way.
Until we change the GM don't know it's gonna get any better

I hope things do get better soon though. On the bright side! I just received word my fursuit is complete and should be on the way today! I'll be getting the tracking number today.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hang in there it is getting better a lot better 1 game is not the season we lost and will again we were not blown out

I am encouraged by how the defence looks. It's night and day compared to last year. Parsons is an absolute beast. If we can get our trench players back, that defence is going to be unbelievable, which is huge going on cold road games.

JBond

Reaction score
Take a breath young fur. The Cowboys are a very good team. The Chiefs at Arrowhead were the better team yesterday. Arrowhead is a different place. I posted this yesterday. It is electric. The energy level is something every football fan should experience. Am I disappointed? Yes. Do I still believe we can compete and make it to the Super Bowl? Yes. We have a young lion on defense. We have some aggressive good young players. Dak is still working back from an injury. Long road ahead. Lots of opportunities. I am not going to loose my mind over a loss at Arrowhead despite the 2k I spent to go back and watch that crap show.

: )

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m frustrated over every loss. But then I realize. It’s nowhere near over