As a young fan, I'm frustrated

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know we were without a lot of key pieces today. I know that it's just one loss and that this was game prior to the season I thought we'd lose. I know we're 7-3. That said, I'm frustrated. I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan, but I don't know success like a lot of you. The best I had seen this team do is make the divisional round before conking out, and this season seems to be starting to trend that way as well. This loss hurt more than usual, despite expecting a loss. It hurt because we had the 1 seed for the taking. I thought after the Atlanta match, we'd showed that we were a different team to what I'd been accustomed to. This season finally was looking like it might be the payoff for all the years of losing I'm accustomed to. There's still plenty of time, and a win against the Raiders and/or the Saints would be huge to helping us get where we want to be. It just hurt today more than usual.

Anyone telling you to get used to it are the Leighton Vander Esch’s telling Micah to not make every play.

Yesterday wasn’t acceptable in a game of that magnitude. I’ll never accept it and I refuse to excuse our QB and just point the finger at everyone else.

A great player steps up. Dak has had this game in the past and I’m sick of it.

It was real cute and funny when he was on a rookie deal. He wants elite QB money but he also wants to mail it in like he’s Kirk Cousins in a big game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Both teams have personnel problems, but I'd much rather be the Cowboys figuring out things with who they are at present.

Especially considering the off the field issues the Raiders have had. Just a pity Coop won't play as this is a bit of a homecoming for him.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Anyone telling you to get used to it are the Leighton Vander Esch’s telling Micah to not make every play.

Yesterday wasn’t acceptable in a game of that magnitude. I’ll never accept it and I refuse to excuse our QB and just point the finger at everyone else.

It was real cute and funny when he was on a rookie deal. He wants elite QB money but he also wants to mail it in like he’s Kirk Cousins in a big game.

Anybody think we had anything to be proud about need to go to utube and see what Parson said. I wanna make this guy a player Head coach right now.

Brax

Reaction score
There are reasons for the poor play. Its the injuries. You act like we were completely healthy and laid an egg.

Take away 2 of Mahomes lineman, Kelsy and Hill and see how well he plays. He had everyone and could only muster 1 TD today.
He got the Chiefs to the SB last year with a patch work OL, missing 1 OL and the world ends for the uninformed, just stop with your babble. Maybe the offense just stunk, injuries are part of the game that good teams overcome.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anybody think we had anything to be proud about need to go to utube and see what Parson said. I wanna make this guy a player Head coach right now.

lol I need to go watch it.

Dez used to be the same way until they beat the competitive spirit out of him.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
I hear you, man. It gets disheartening but that's part of life. Take the losses and wins in stride and hope the offense gets pissed off for Thursday.

Maybe McCarthy will make this a monkey butt week 2 situation at the Star
Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-380x960.jpg

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Good thing I also follow English football.
Then you would be aware of the 30 yr wait for LFC and the 23 yr wait for MUFC , furthermore THFC / AVFC /EFC are still waiting as part of the old big 6, because they have not being funded by oil money.

Just assimilate the aforementioned fans of those english teams with these cowboy fans due to their 26 year SB absense and counting and frustration becomes a patience waiting game that can span as the above shows decades and half centuries for some teams.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Then you would be aware of the 30 yr wait for LFC and the 23 yr wait for MUFC , furthermore THFC / AVFC /EFC are still waiting as part of the old big 6, because they have not being funded by oil money.

Just assimilate the aforementioned fans of those english teams with these cowboy fans due to their 26 year SB absense and counting and frustration becomes a patience waiting game that can span as the above shows decades and half centuries for some teams.

This is true

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hear you, man. It gets disheartening but that's part of life. Take the losses and wins in stride and hope the offense gets pissed off for Thursday.

Maybe McCarthy will make this a monkey butt week 2 situation at the Star
Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-380x960.jpg

As a horse, I like this better haha

141454_MAIN._AC_SL400_V1513631948_.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, and, now that some of the feeling from last night have subsided, I think it was rather deflating for them to lose Coop on Friday. That certainly would impact the plan with next to no time to create a new plan. I expect a better showing on Thursday.

The return of Tyron Smith to the OL lineup should give us a boost, in that respect. His presence always seems to affect games with something that wouldn't be enjoyed, otherwise. I think there's going to be a better showing in store and I'm sure Dak will likely appreciate the difference. :cool:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

When scads of big bruisers are in a heated chase of a QB, there's not much any QB can do but survive the onslaught. Dak will return to his former good standing in good time and it should most likely be Thanksgiving Day when that comes about. The Cowboys are in a position of making the most of their situation, currently. Bad games come to pass. Sunday's poor game will probably be recalled to advantage by our players. Let's hope so, anyway.

Having just a few too many of any team's crucial personnel missing on any given day puts a curse on the best of teams. Let's see what's in store for us, when one or two of them return to the lineup. Every game is its own experience, for whatever it may be worth. Let's hope a good meal and some good football returning makes for a better day. In the meantime, we'll all survive, 'til then. We've got a good thing going this year. It's not over, just yet. ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As an old fan I’m frustrated.

I think any fan, short of Christ, himself, would be frustrated with the performance we were subjected to last Sunday. If he were still alive, I'm pretty sure he'd find a way to encourage us to wait for better days to come. Maybe better times really are, just around the corner. Thanksgiving Day awaits such times.

The players we have in house, right now, appear to have more grit and pride than to quit putting forth their best efforts in the days and weeks to come.

Mike McCarthy and the Dallas staff will encourage them to get their act together and execute their plays as best they can, despite their untimely loss last Sunday. I see a better game to come for Thanksgiving. You, probably, should, too. This team won't give up that easily. They're better than that.

Last edited:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Be glad you’re young, some of us has seen this same story play out multiple times for the past 26 years
I bought a Cowboys tshirt at the Texas Stadium pro shop in 2008 (has reebok logo). I said I wouldn't buy new gear until they win a Super Bowl. Dang shirt is faded and ratty but I'm still wearing it haha You definitely learn to roll with the bad. Can't wait to buy new gear though

JBond

Reaction score
Been saying that Tyron Smith cannot hold up for a whole season for the last 3 years. Back problems and neck problems don't just magically get better. Granted he is suffering from bone spurs now but injuries are going to be a way of life with Tyron now.
We need to draft and groom a replacement. I believe that is clear. Love the dude. A monster. Need to start looking forward.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm excited with the way the D looked. I'm just saying, on the whole, the loss hurt just cuz I don't like what I see coming up, and December is when I see us collapse, and I'm getting the feeling we may be starring down the barrel of that now..mainly cuz it's all I know.
Right. But this years team is not that. Hell, many of those teams were talented enough, but lacked good coaching. Mcarthy isn’t Belicheck, but he’s an upgrade and we have talent. Micah is a game changer. Offense is very good.

70 million of our salary cap sat out Sunday at one of the hardest places to play. Refs didn’t help much either…This team is different, I think, and you’ll have to see it for yourself this January/February to believe it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right. But this years team is not that. Hell, many of those teams were talented enough, but lacked good coaching. Mcarthy isn’t Belicheck, but he’s an upgrade and we have talent. Micah is a game changer. Offense is very good.

70 million of our salary cap sat out Sunday at one of the hardest places to play. Refs didn’t help much either…This team is different, I think, and you’ll have to see it for yourself this January/February to believe it.

I expect I will

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect I will

As young as you are, I'm sure it's difficult for you to see yourself enjoying a world's championship team and I don't blame you one bit. It might not happen this year or even the next and it might come when you start seeing gray hair in the mirror. The way this front office operates, it might even take something resembling a miracle, of sorts, for that to finally happen. Hang in there, though -- it's worth the wait.

I think a division championship is quite likely this year, however and that'd be a considerable improvement over what we've seen in quite some time. It will probably be an extended wait before a world title comes to this team again but in the meantime, stay who you are and just keep enjoying this team for whatever it becomes. I did -- just have trust in the faithful notion that you won't be sorry. :)

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As young as you are, I'm sure it's difficult for you to see yourself enjoying a world's championship team and I don't blame you one bit. It might not happen this year or even the next and it might come when you start seeing gray hair in the mirror. The way this front office operates, it might even take something resembling a miracle, of sorts, for that to finally happen. Hang in there, though -- it's worth the wait.

I think a division championship is quite likely this year, however and that'd be a considerable improvement over what we've seen in quite some time. It will probably be an extended wait before a world title comes to this team again but in the meantime, stay who you are and just keep enjoying this team for whatever it becomes. I did -- just have trust in the faithful notion that you won't be sorry. :)

I expect we should win the divisional title, and I'll always be a Cowboys fan. Besides, my fursuit (coming soon) has blue stars on it. On that note, I'll soon have a very nice pfp and signature haha. I'm planning on doing a photoshoot at MFF next week with it on so I can get a great pfp and signature here with it.