As Cowboys fans, do we deserve more?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I go by era. The current one has been very good. 2 of the last seasons in the playoffs and winning the division. If you can't let go of the past 20 years you're setting yourself up for depression.
Thought the same thing when Romo first became QB. Thought the future was so bright. A few years later we were back to mediocrity. Not going to fall for it again. I'll believe this is a different era when I see it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I will always root for the Cowboys, but they don't owe the fans anything regardless of how long someone has been a fan
And if they fail to deliver then it's every fan's right to complain. I don't see many jumping ship but I won't pretend that everything is alright when every year the exact same thing happens. And every year at this time hope is always big until the season starts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you cannot see that he wields far more power now than 15 years ago, there is no sense in continuing this conversation. Not that there was in the first place.
It’s difficult to say. Jerry has given him more spotlight. We appear to see more interviews and quotes from him than 15 years ago. We might could equate that in power? He has the same title. IDK. Does anyone really know?

But that’s not my basis for argument which who deserves more of the credit and running the show. Stephen is obviously an important part in that but it’s pure speculative to conclude he’s making more decisions than Jerry.

Surely after all of these years he might have more of Daddy’s ear. But Jerry will ultimately deserve the credit and the changes of improvement begun when Jason took over in 2011. And why I believe he has had the greatest influence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thought the same thing when Romo first became QB. Thought the future was so bright. A few years later we were back to mediocrity. Not going to fall for it again. I'll believe this is a different era when I see it.
The Romo era was entertaining much like the Dak era has been thus far. Much more entertaining than before. Relevance is the name of the game now.

The Cowboys top priority isn’t winning football games anymore. The league and the Cowboys have evolved into this multi billion dollar Sports Entertainment entity.

Winning isn’t necessary to maintain a high level of revenue like it once was. Professional football is no longer driven by winning. Jerry has proved Tex wrong. Jerry’s brilliant revolutionary new revenue streams has changed the NFL forever.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I am not saying that at all and you know that. There are ways to be critical and reasons to be but when something positive happens as it did last season, too many were far more on the LA game than the fact they turned it around and they were even in that game. That's what was the sign of entitlement to me. Too many were "so what, they'll lose in the playoffs" with little regard for what that team accomplished. Hell acr, some don't know when to be happy they've been pissed so long.

Short term memories from what this place looked like at 3-5, looking up at the other East teams. I wonder what those, not wanting to lose to get rid of Garrett, would have said at 3-5 if they were offered one playoff win from that far back? After lmao, I would have said "sure, sure, wake me for that playoff game".

I don't feel the least bit entitled, I'm simply a competitor who hates losing.

The reality of the situation is that Jerry doesn't give two poops what fans feel they may or may not deserve. He's making fat stacks and that is what he cares about most.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't feel the least bit entitled, I'm simply a competitor who hates losing.

The reality of the situation is that Jerry doesn't give two poops what fans feel they may or may not deserve. He's making fat stacks and that is what he cares about most.
Money isn’t his total incentive. He just wants to be a Football Guy celebrity. The revenue just provides him the opportunity.

And why I raised Caine years ago in an attempt to hold him accountable. But we failed. We are weak.

If we had put financial pressure on him he would have sold out before stepping down.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Started off better than most.

yimyammer

Reaction score
we are more deserving because?

The devotion of Cowboys fans everywhere have made jeri the jackass stinking rich (not his so called genius, even a blind idiot could milk the sweet financial teat that is Cowboy nation who abides despite 20+ years of diddly squat)

The least he could do in return is install the best and brightest football minds and give them every tool they need to succeed and let them do what they've trained their entire life to do without his clueless interference.

But hell nah, instead it will always start and end with Jeri's comfort and incessant need for attention as long as that dip stick roams the planet.

eat it jeri!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That this thread even exists suggests a sense of entitlement. We don't "deserve" anything more than Browns fans...probably less.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we deserve what we are now. how many years can we brag about some old trophies? when do they become irrelevant?

Brax

Reaction score
Lions and Browns haven't been to a SB. I don't think chance and luck factor into getting to a SB. Talent and coaching. Cowboys have lacked one or both for the past 23 years.
And who's fault is it? (the Jones boys)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we deserve what we are now. how many years can we brag about some old trophies? when do they become irrelevant?
They never become irrelevant. We were one of the best teams in those eras. In this era we aren’t.

Much like I brag about and admire the trophies I won 40-50 years ago. Can’t ever take those away. I do have to dust them off occasionally. Lol