Ashamed

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I have to say I am really ashamed of some of the posters here today. So many people running around wanting to thump their chests that they "called it" Not even realizing they were rooting for and now celebrating something that was not good for the Cowboys.

Today is not a "good" day, and its not because of henson, its because the Cowboys lost. they lost a 3rd round pick, they lost cap room, and most important they lost 3 years of time. Had we not given a 3rd for Henson would we have used that third for Schaub in 2004 the same year we aqquired Henson? 2005 anyone we might have taken?

So many people want to put down people who liked Henson. I find it pathetic that people will put down the guys who are cheering FOR the Cowboys success. All the while they are cheering for Cowboys moves to fail.

Its a sad day on this board and it has nothing to do with henson

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I have to say I am really ashamed of some of the posters here today. So many people running around wanting to thump their chests that they "called it" Not even realizing they were rooting for and now celebrating something that was not good for the Cowboys.

Today is not a "good" day, and its not because of henson, its because the Cowboys lost. they lost a 3rd round pick, they lost cap room, and most important they lost 3 years of time. Had we not given a 3rd for Henson would we have used that third for Schaub in 2004 the same year we aqquired Henson? 2005 anyone we might have taken?

So many people want to put down people who liked Henson. I find it pathetic that people will put down the guys who are cheering FOR the Cowbooys success. All the while they are cheering for Cowboys moves to fail.

:starspin :bow:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The only thing I believe alot of people were saying is that, the guy can't play and he needs to go so we can move on to getting people that can help get us to glory.

I was one that thought Henson would make it, but after this offseason, it was apparent to me he couldn't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This post posits nothing.

Sorry your thumping your chest for them thumping theres.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

So many people want to put down people who liked Henson. I find it pathetic that people will put down the guys who are cheering FOR the Cowboys success. All the while they are cheering for Cowboys moves to fail.

This post seems a little hypocritical.

Bah...you probably won't be able to read my post while you are up on that cross.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Clove said:
The only thing I believe alot of people were saying is that, the guy can't play and he needs to go so we can move on to getting people that can help get us to glory.

I was one that thought Henson would make it, but after this offseason, it was apparent to me he couldn't.

No I am talking about the people celebrating it. Look in the mega merge threads it is easy to see who I am talking about.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
This post posits nothing.

Sorry your thumping your chest for them thumping theres.

How am I thumping my chest again? You know what that phrase actually means right? Do you need a definition?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
This post seems a little hypocritical.

Bah...you probably won't be able to read my post while you are up on that cross.

How exactly is it hypocritical? I find cheering for a Cowboys move to fail is wrong, you disagree?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
No I am talking about the people celebrating it. Look in the mega merge threads it is easy to see who I am talking about.
When it comes to the QB position, there will be 1 million posts about who can do what.

If you think that the Henson threads were bad, just wait until Bledsoe has a bad game, then you will see a flood of Romo fans calling for Bledsoes head, and I'll probably be in that group.

So when someone dislikes a certain QB, they tend to go overboard when the guy they were slamming gets cut.

Smith22

Reaction score
I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. Did I want him to succeed? Sure, he was a Cowboy. That being said, the guy was given more than enough time to show us something, and we were so convinced that it was time to move on, that we are eating the cap hit and parting ways. That speaks volumes to me. Those applauding Henson being a failure, I don't get that either......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
How am I thumping my chest again? You know what that phrase actually means right? Do you need a definition?

Its a plea for attention. I never truly been happy of idionatic phrases that represent emotion, but youre calling them out for calling others out.

Sanctimonios tripe is what it is.

Do you understand what a phrase means?

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
blame Jerry for his insitefull research on Henson. leave football to the experts please Jerry, we love you. gawd. Even I know what I suck at, and so should you now

ddh33

Reaction score
I think a lot of people have gone out of their way to provide an even-handed look at this. While so many were going around as though losing an uproven third stringer was the end of the world, others have made an effort to point out that this isn't quite that dramatic.

Sure, I wish Henson has turned out to be the guy everyone thought he might be when he was at Michigan. Truth is, if he wanted to be that guy, he probably should have stuck with playing football. As it is, he still has a chance. There is life after the Dallas Cowboys. I'm sure everyone wishes him well.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. Did I want him to succeed? Sure, he was a Cowboy. That being said, the guy was given more than enough time to show us something, and we were so convinced that it was time to move on, that we are eating the cap hit and parting ways. That speaks volumes to me. Those applauding Henson being a failure, I don't get that either......

Good post I agree. I like henson and Romo I wanted both to succeed because it would help the Cowboys. I am not upset Henson is gone he didnt show enough to make the roster. But like you said the people that are applauding it, and mocking any henson supporters for simply supporting someone who was a Cowboys player i find ridiculous

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

henson homer

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
BigD, stop, you're wasting your time

Haha look at you trying to play the intellectual high ground card. Too bad we all know who you are, and that it is complete bs.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Yeah but nothing better to do right now :laugh2:
:laugh2: exactly, just like there's nothing better for some people to do than go out of their way to bash Henson

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Haha look at you trying to play the intellectual high ground card. Too bad we all know who you are, and that it is complete bs.

who are you again? must be someone I vanquished in another thread :lmao2: