Ashamed

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
How exactly is it hypocritical? I find cheering for a Cowboys move to fail is wrong, you disagree?

Refer to fuzzylumpkins post. No point in me repeating what he said.

On a side not you must have incredible eye sight.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Its a plea for attention. I never truly been happy of idionatic phrases that represent emotion, but youre calling them out for calling others out.

Sanctimonios tripe is what it is.

Do you understand what a phrase means?

Obviously you dont understand the post. I am not calling anyone out for calling people out. I am speaking about people celebrating a Cowboys failure.

If you are going to call me Sanctimonious please spell it right so you dont look like such a simpleton

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
I disagree that it was a sad day for the Cowboys. The only thing that the Cowboys lost was some cash and a second round selection that may or may not have panned out. A gamble is a gamble and a 2nd round selection for Henson was a legitimate gamble that just did not pan out.

No need to over dramatize it. The fact is that Romo has been recieving a fair amount of grooming at the same time that Henson has so the time was not 'wasted' as you say.

Romo, during that time has shown himself to be an unselfish 'team' player. A very important quality for any QB to have in the NFL. Troy Aikman became as great as he was for having just that very attribute.

The money that was supposedly 'wasted' on Henson, can now be properly redirected to Tony Romo who has certainly shown himself to be more deserving of it. The timing is determined by the fact that Romo has shown us what Henson never could, even though he had been given opportunities galore. He has shown us that he does have some of that special "IT" that Bill Parcells looks for in a player.

I say that it is a good day for the Cowboys. It is time we admit to the fact that the only QB controversy that existed in Dallas before this pre-season, was whether we had a true quality QB to back up Drew. I am thankful that that question has finally been put to rest.

It is a good day. A very good day for the Cowboys, thier fans, and for the future. :thumbup:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You have different types of personalities on this board.

You have the guys with a "bit" who likes to stir up feelings and run long threads.

You have the one's who are secretly trolls, disguised as cowboy fans.

You have honest people trying to make a point, but they hate to be wrong, so they will argue until death.

You have guys that are honestly trying to make points and sometimes have to go the extra mile to allow people to understand their point of view.

And then you have "A" holes.

So you decide which group does the celebrating when they've sucessfully predicted an event.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
JoeCorrado said:
I disagree that it was a sad day for the Cowboys. The only thing that the Cowboys lost was some cash and a second round selection that may or may not have panned out. A gamble is a gamble and a 2nd round selection for Henson was a legitimate gamble that just did not pan out.

No need to over dramatize it. The fact is that Romo has been recieving a fair amount of grooming at the same time that Henson has so the time was not 'wasted' as you say.

Romo, during that time has shown himself to be an unselfish 'team' player. A very important quality for any QB to have in the NFL. Troy Aikman became as great as he was for having just that very attribute.

The money that was supposedly 'wasted' on Henson, can now be properly redirected to Tony Romo who has certainly shown himself to be more deserving of it. The timing is determined by the fact that Romo has shown us what Henson never could, even though he had been given opportunities galore. He has shown us that he does have some of that special "IT" that Bill Parcells looks for in a player.

I say that it is a good day for the Cowboys. It is time we admit to the fact that the only QB controversy that existed in Dallas before this pre-season, was whether we had a true quality QB to back up Drew. I am thankful that that question has finally been put to rest.

It is a good day. A very good day for the Cowboys, thier fans, and for the future. :thumbup:

Let me brighten your day even more and remind you we only gave up a third round pick.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
who are you again? must be someone I vanquished in another thread :lmao2:

vanquished? haha look at the internet forum warrior.

Wow. Sorry hollywood, did not realise you were so big time. Great use of the emoticons.

I thought it wasn't worth bothering over things like this? I guess I better be careful or you will "vanquish" me again. I guess it isn't all that bad, maybe you will realise how much of a tool you are and make another public apology for putting your foot in your mouth.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Refer to fuzzylumpkins post. No point in me repeating what he said.

On a side not you must have incredible eye sight.

Ahh can't back up your own posts. I understand thinking for yourself is hard. Maybe next time!

I bet you make a lame comeback to this post. If so i am gonna start a thread that i "called it" :laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
vanquished? haha look at the internet forum warrior.

Wow. Sorry hollywood, did not realise you were so big time. Great use of the emoticons.

I thought it wasn't worth bothering over things like this? I guess I better be careful or you will "vanquish" me again. I guess it isn't all that bad, maybe you will realise how much of a tool you are and make another public apology for putting your foot in your mouth.

there must be something wrong since you made it a point to clarify...to ME...who I am

you sound bitter

btw, I apologized for my actions, my message was right though

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
if you ever had a gf that you thought was cheating on you but never really had proof, then that golden day comes and you find out for sure, and ya it stings a little but the good news is now you can move on without a guilty conscience, and the next girl you are with will be hotter than that skank anyways.

thats kinda how I feel about henson
its a sad day cause awww it didn't work out but long term for the team its best and that makes me happy.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Today is not a "good" day, and its not because of henson, its because the Cowboys lost.

they lost a 3rd round pick, they lost cap room,

and most important they lost 3 years of time.

First off that 3rd round pick was indeed worth the shot at a starting NFL QB much less the work our staff and coaches put into him for those 3 years.

Today IS a good day only because we have the ability to gain a better QB than Drew Henson in Tony Romo who didn't even cost us a draft pick because he was a rookie free agent. Props to our scouts on Romo.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
And where is the outrage over the people proclaiming they "called it" that Stephen Peterman would be cut? Just like Henson, Cowboys invested a mid round pick, several years and money in him too. People have been disparaging him for quite some time, and I don't see anyone calling it "shamefull'. I don't see anyone coming to Peterman's defense.

You don't see it because this isn't about the greater good or what it means to be a Cowboys fan. This is about Henson, and some people's infatuation over him. You were fooled by a mirage. Now you're bitter. Stop the sanctimonious BS and quit taking it out on other posters.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Let me brighten your day even more and remind you we only gave up a third round pick.
Thanks! It just keeps getting better! LOL

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
only because we have the ability to gain a better QB than Drew Henson in Tony Romo.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Tony ROmo is already a better QB, what are you talking about?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
And where is the outrage over the people proclaiming they "called it" that Stephen Peterman would be cut? Just like Henson, Cowboys invested a mid round pick, several years and money in him too. People have been disparaging him for quite some time, and I don't see anyone calling it "shamefull'. I don't see anyone coming to Peterman's defense.

You don't see it because this isn't about the greater good or what it means to be a Cowboys fan. This is about Henson, and some people's infatuation over him. You were fooled by a mirage. Now you're bitter. Don't take it out on other posters.

c'mon Inman, JustSayNotoTo said that we should rejoice now

why?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Obviously you dont understand the post. I am not calling anyone out for calling people out. I am speaking about people celebrating a Cowboys failure.

If you are going to call me Sanctimonious please spell it right so you dont look like such a simpleton

Kk there internet tough guy.

It waqs a typo and if you really evaluate peoples intelligence based on a typo that to me is more of a tell than any you are attempting atm.

I can readily discuss the fallacies in Aristotles syllogisms and I can relate linear algebra as it applies to most transcendental functions. You on the other hand fail to see how your above work of art is easily seen as sanctimonious tripe mired in hypocrisy.

Simpleton indeed.

Silverstar

Reaction score
When we signed Bledsoe, Henson's fate was probably sealed at that time. Who knew the Bills would cut Parcells' boy Bledsoe, at a time when we really needed a good veteran QB...we got lucky.

We also got lucky on James, Witten, Barber, Canty and now Watkins looks like a steal too. Let's just hope Carpenter, Fasano, Hatcher and Green all become solid draft picks as well.

The glass is more half full on draft picks lately IMO.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
c'mon Inman, JustSayNotoTo said that we should rejoice now

why?

I said we should rejoice because this is the end of Jerry Jones half brained attempts of finding a real QB in minor league baseball.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JoeCorrado said:
I disagree that it was a sad day for the Cowboys.
I didn't say it was a sad day for the Cowboys I said the Cowboys were the losers here.

The only thing that the Cowboys lost was some cash and a second round selection that may or may not have panned out. A gamble is a gamble and a 2nd round selection for Henson was a legitimate gamble that just did not pan out.

3 mill in cap room, a 3rd round pick and like I said most important 3 years time.

No overdramatization at all. Yes Romo has been being groomed as well, that does not take away the 3 years spent on Henson.

All 3 of the QBs showed this.

I am wary of saying Romo has "it" based on some preseason games but he does look good.

As for Henson having oppurtunities galore, when was this?

Until Romo plays in a real game the "quality" of him is unknown. Today the Cowboys came out losers on their gamble that is not a good day.

It is a good day. A very good day for the Cowboys, thier fans, and for the future.

We disagree

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
When we signed Bledsoe, Henson's fate was probably sealed at that time. Who knew the Bills would cut Parcells' boy Bledsoe, at a time when we really needed a good veteran QB...we got lucky.

We also got lucky on James, Witten, Barber, Canty and now Watkins looks like a steal too. Let's just hope Carpenter, Fasano, Hatcher and Green all become solid draft picks as well.

The glass is more half full on draft picks lately IMO.

you forgot we got lucky on crayton and on tyson thompson