Ashamed

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Ahh can't back up your own posts. I understand thinking for yourself is hard. Maybe next time!

I bet you make a lame comeback to this post. If so i am gonna start a thread that i "called it" :laugh2:

What the hell are you talking about? I have no quam with you complaining about people complaing. I did not post or create a single "I called it" thread. I do not care. I have a problem with the thinly veiled plea for attention.

Ok let me dumb it down for you. I eluded to you being on a cross, and called you hypocritical. (I was saying your post was sanctimonious). Alright you still with me? It is exactly what fuzzylumpkins said in his post...but if you really want me to go further in to it I can.

However your response proves to me what I expected. You are trolling. You are calling people out, trying to get a rise out of them. Even you said you were bored, and that is why you are doing this. But at the same time preaching that it is only in the best interests of the Cowboys. Seems kind of like a conflict of interests to me...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Tony ROmo is already a better QB, what are you talking about?

I would have liked Drew had he won the job. Romo won the job, he is the better QB.

For me it doesn't matter who is QB so long as Dallas wins.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
I said we should rejoice because this is the end of Jerry Jones half brained attempts of finding a real QB in minor league baseball.

ahhhhh, my bad

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
First off that 3rd round pick was indeed worth the shot at a starting NFL QB much less the work our staff and coaches put into him for those 3 years.

Today IS a good day only because we have the ability to gain a better QB than Drew Henson in Tony Romo who didn't even cost us a draft pick because he was a rookie free agent. Props to our scouts on Romo.

We already had Romo so we didnt gain him by losing on Henson. You arent understanding. I am not saying Henson was not worth a 3rd round pick and time invested. What I am saying is the Cowboys lost in the end, and that is not a good thing.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
How is this not a good thing?
I never wished for it happen.
It did and I merely stated that I saw it coming a long time ago. Then was doubted and attacked as always.
But in the end was right, as always.

Cutting your losses and freeing up a needed roster spot is a good thing. If a guy isn't going to contribute, the sooner you can him the better.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
How is this not a good thing?
I never wished for it happen.
It did and I merely stated that I saw it coming a long time ago. Then was doubted and attacked as always.
But in the end was right as always.

Cutting your losses and freeing up a needed roster spot is a good thing. If a guy isn't going to contribute, the sooner you can him the better.

ok Nors

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I guess I should have known better

discussing Henson is a touchy subject for alot of people, I think we should all take a break, I'm going out for a smoke...of nicotine :)

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
there must be something wrong since you made it a point to clarify...to ME...who I am

you sound bitter

btw, I apologized for my actions, my message was right though

I just have a deep rooted hatred for hypocrites. I have never had a forum "battle" with you where you "vanquished" me. I just like calling out hypocrites.

I have no idea what you apologised for, and I am sorry I gave you the impression I was interested. I saw a thread you made decided it wasn't worth reading.

Hopefully I have not upset you enough to incur your wrath. Please do not "vanquish" me.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
c'mon Inman, JustSayNotoTo said that we should rejoice now

why?

You know its possible to feel bittersweet. I hate the fact that the Cowboys flushed a 3rd round pick down the toilet, but I'm happy that I don't have to hear one more hackneyed excuse for this guy. I'm happy I don't have to hear his worshippers blame everyone else but him for his failures. I'm happy that we're not Jerry's late 90's Cowboys that waits around for 5 years waiting for Kavika Pittman and Solomon Page to turn around, nor did we force them to start over better football players just becuase of where they were drafted. Henson and Peterman were beaten out fair and square by Romo and Proctor. I'm happy we found cheap players who can outperform mid rounders.

Let's stop the dog and pony show and call this out for what it is.
People need to stop being so disingenous about this stuff. Face it. If you had the nerve to question Henson's performances in NFLE this spring, your fandom was questioned. You were said to not be a true Cowboy fan. It wasn't like that for any other of our allocated players. You could make fun of Tom Crowder all you want. Not Henson. Just like your fandom isn't questioned today about being glad that Stephen Peterman's failed butt is gone, only Henson. Give me a break. Its not blasphemous to make fun of our players and say the suck. We do it every day on this board about Scott Shanle, Keith Davis, Al Johnson and a wide variety of others. Its only when you say something about Henson that people get their panties in a wad.

Silverstar

Reaction score
stealth said:
you forgot we got lucky on crayton and on tyson thompson

I like Crayton, but he just can't seem to stay healthy.

Thompson was an UDFA and there's no guarantee he'll make the team this year.

We'll see...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
And where is the outrage over the people proclaiming they "called it" that Stephen Peterman would be cut? Just like Henson, Cowboys invested a mid round pick, several years and money in him too. People have been disparaging him for quite some time, and I don't see anyone calling it "shamefull'. I don't see anyone coming to Peterman's defense.

You don't see it because this isn't about the greater good or what it means to be a Cowboys fan. This is about Henson, and some people's infatuation over him. You were fooled by a mirage. Now you're bitter. Stop the sanctimonious BS and quit taking it out on other posters.

I'm not bitter at all. Obviously you havent read many of my posts. As for Peterman I havent seen a thread on him yet because they are all about Henson LOL Either way were people bashing anyone who wanted Peterman to make it?. But seriously what is more likley to garner a fans intrest a Guard or a QB? Honestly there is no comparison.

I am glad you can read my post and tell me what MY feelings are. this post IS about the Cowboys losing out on the Henson deal, nothing more. As for taking it out on other posters, exactly who have I lashed out at? Is it because I am ashamed at Cowboys fans attacking Cowboys fans for wanting a move their team made to work out? If that is lashing out to you, you dont wanna see me really lash out lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
We already had Romo so we didnt gain him by losing on Henson. You arent understanding. I am not saying Henson was not worth a 3rd round pick and time invested. What I am saying is the Cowboys lost in the end, and that is not a good thing.

You left out the part where you whine about people being glad that hes gone and how that relates to you being a better person or fan.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
This post is hysterical - "a sad day" ? Dude - take it down a notch - a guy got cut - it happens all the time - in this case it happened to an undeserving multi millionaire.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Kk there internet tough guy.

It waqs a typo and if you really evaluate peoples intelligence based on a typo that to me is more of a tell than any you are attempting atm.

I can readily discuss the fallacies in Aristotles syllogisms and I can relate linear algebra as it applies to most transcendental functions. You on the other hand fail to see how your above work of art is easily seen as sanctimonious tripe mired in hypocrisy.

Simpleton indeed.

A typo yes :rolleyes:

Thanks you for your scholastic resume I do appreciate it.

Where exactly was i being an "internet tough guy"?

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

Well you can dwell on the negative if you want....while I choose to be a fan of my team.

We cut Dan Campbell, we have gained and improved in Fazano and Hannah.

We Cut Jacob Rogers, have gained and improved in Rob Pettitie, McQuistion, Columbo, and Fabini.

We cut Peterman, we have gained in Procter.

We cut Keyshawn, we have Terrell Owens.

We cut Drew Henson, we have done the same with Tony Romo. IMPROVED!!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
I just have a deep rooted hatred for hypocrites.

do tell, how was I being a hypocrite? I called it like I saw it coming, and is BigD's post getting a favorable response? wow, just like I said, idk, I obviously did something to make you bitter, to make you come after me, even though I don't recall talking to you, or know who the hell you are, but whatever

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
When we signed Bledsoe, Henson's fate was probably sealed at that time. Who knew the Bills would cut Parcells' boy Bledsoe, at a time when we really needed a good veteran QB...we got lucky.

We also got lucky on James, Witten, Barber, Canty and now Watkins looks like a steal too. Let's just hope Carpenter, Fasano, Hatcher and Green all become solid draft picks as well.

The glass is more half full on draft picks lately IMO.

IMO our recent drafts have been spectacular. Especially compared to the past :laugh2:

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
do tell, how was I being a hypocrite? I called it like I saw it coming, and is BigD's post getting a favorable response? wow, just like I said, idk, I obviously did something to make you bitter, to make you come after me, even though I don't recall talking to you, or know who the hell you are, but whatever

Nope. Never did anything.

I read alot more than I post.