Asteroid to pass dangerously close to earth Sunday; What is your last football meal on Sunday?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Asteroid better not mess up TV reception.

Aside from that, my abode will be redolent with the aroma of mein game day feast:

Brisket (take-out) with lots of fat as I willl request and wrapped by white bread (what the hey, the asteroid/49 apocaipse and all)
German potato salad
German chocolate cake
Fresh onions, jalapenos and assorted veggies and kettle-type potato chips
Beer and wine and more beer
(pls no one come to mein door because we only half enough for me, Ms. Busty and the neighbors and the cousin who could reveal . . . sensitive detials.)

Gift gimme your game-day meal plans!!! Don't wait until Sunday, with the asteroid hurtling our way and such!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Asteroid better not mess up TV reception.

Aside from that, my abode will be redolent with the aroma of mein game day feast:

Brisket (take-out) with lots of fat as I willl request and wrapped by white bread (what the hey, the asteroid/49 apocaipse and all)
German potato salad
German chocolate cake
Fresh onions, jalapenos and assorted veggies and kettle-type potato chips
Beer and wine and more beer
(pls no one come to mein door because we only half enough for me, Ms. Busty and the neighbors and the cousin who could reveal . . . sensitive detials.)

Gift gimme your game-day meal plans!!! Don't wait until Sunday, with the asteroid hurtling our way and such!!!

I can see it now 9ers on the 5 yard line about to score with the game tied and seconds left and Kap throws it outside, Claiborne jumps the rout, it is an INT, he breaks free he is at the 40, the 50 He_ could_ go_ all_ the_ way, then damn old Asteroid slams into the earth and just ruins my football game.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
lol.........

Ok, i'll bite.

Steak..NY strip only marbled well cooked medium rare. Salad with the kitchen sink in it and mixed veggies in buttler sause.

Throw in a bottle of "Summer slice" topped off with relations from the misses and i be ready to go. :)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good ole beans and cornbread with smoked turkey for me. I don't drink but Mountain Dew substitutes as my brew. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. What have you started, Gimme?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Plenty of prilosec and rolaids!

Baby backs are on sale at HEB, probably gonna smoke a couple of racks, with some potatoe salad and Maker's Mark.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You talking about food for Sunday? I'm still trying to figure out dinner for tonight. lol

I'll get back to you on Sunday if I have any ideas by then.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I can see it now 9ers on the 5 yard line about to score with the game tied and seconds left and Kap throws it outside, Claiborne jumps the rout, it is an INT, he breaks free he is at the 40, the 50 He_ could_ go_ all_ the_ way, then damn old Asteroid slams into the earth and just ruins my football game.

Be serious!
Game day menu?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Good ole beans and cornbread with smoked turkey for me. I don't drink but Mountain Dew substitutes as my brew. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. What have you started, Gimme?

smoked turkey half never gotten the respect it deserve. Save some for me!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Scotch, Beer (Mexican and a shaker of lime salt), Vodka, Club Soda (for the heart) and celery to eat with my Bloody Mary's in between the Scotch and beer.

Oh and a grapefruit or two for the Vitamin C.
Gotta look out for your health...

Hopefully someone will come over and cook up some ribs or something because I'm sure I won't be able to stand correctly by the 2nd Quarter.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Plenty of prilosec and rolaids!

Baby backs are on sale at HEB, probably gonna smoke a couple of racks, with some potatoe salad and Maker's Mark.

although your spelling disturb me, the menu and drink spell simplicity and elegance. Happy eating!

Reaction score
I'll grill some brauts and put them on tortillas with diced New Mexican green chile, cheese and onion,,,, Fritos, queso, and the beverage of your choice :)

ologan

Reaction score
Most likely 1 1/2" thick bacon wrapped (sorry, Jobb....I can't help it!!) filets cooked low and slow to 135 internal, and then seared at 600 degrees for 60-90 seconds a side, foil wrapped and set aside while the prosciutto wrapped asparagus, fresh silver queen corn, and sweet potatoes finish up on the Big Green Egg.
For dessert, I'd thought about cling free peach halves (from SC) baked on the egg at 500 degrees, until the brown sugar/pecan/butter mixture carmelizes on top....served with Blue Bell vanilla "sugar free" ice cream.....have to offset the brown sugar somehow, or my blood sugar will certainly spike!!:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'll grill some brauts and put them on tortillas with diced New Mexican green chile, cheese and onion,,,, Fritos, queso, and the beverage of your choice :)

You half me at brats and NM green chile . . . just shuddup and kiss me . . . (kidding)

Corso

Reaction score
Most likely 1 1/2" thick bacon wrapped (sorry, Jobb....I can't help it!!) filets cooked low and slow to 135 internal, and then seared at 600 degrees for 60-90 seconds a side, foil wrapped and set aside while the prosciutto wrapped asparagus, fresh silver queen corn, and sweet potatoes finish up on the Big Green Egg.
For dessert, I'd thought about cling free peach halves (from SC) baked on the egg at 500 degrees, until the brown sugar/pecan/butter mixture carmelizes on top....served with Blue Bell vanilla "sugar free" ice cream.....have to offset the brown sugar somehow, or my blood sugar will certainly spike!!:)

I am totally there!

Corso

Reaction score

The Hatches are very spicy this crop. I guess from the droughts.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They're roasting them outside of the local market here lately, it's time for me to buy some!

I once roasted mein own in my backyard and then peeled them. And didn't wear gloves . . . You should half hear the screaming from the outhouse.:eek:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You talking about food for Sunday? I'm still trying to figure out dinner for tonight. lol

I'll get back to you on Sunday if I have any ideas by then.

when the asteroid strike, my last words will be . . . "WoodysGirl . . . " and "must half Busch beer . . . " and if i half time, "rosebud."