Astros punished for sign stealing

kskboys

Reaction score
If they don't take away their World Series wins and titles, it doesn't mean very much.

They don't have to give the championships/trophies to the other teams, but they should at least declare no World Series champions for those seasons.

As you said, small price to pay for a purchased World Series championship.
I'm a huge Astros fan. Listened to them on the radio from the 70's through the 90's.

Good trade.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a huge Astros fan. Listened to them on the radio from the 70's through the 90's.

Good trade.
I would think most owners would make that deal.

Why pay $300 million for a superstar player when you can get a World Series for only $5 million and a couple of draft picks that can be replaced through free agency or by trades with teams out of the playoff hunt looking to jettison contracts?

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Even with cheating the Astros needed a 7th game vs the Yankees in 2017. Any people who say the Yankees win because they spent so much money, ok next time we will just cheat and save the money.

Meanwhile i was on this board giving the Astros credit after they beat the Yankees, even did so after this playoff. Any credit i gave the Astros after those wins, they didn't deserve it.

Shame on the Astros. Dark days to be a Astros fan atm.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Well I’m not turning in my Astros fan card anytime soon...as a matter of fact, I’m going to attend Red Sox games and boo them. Why them cheating rascals!

By the way, Isn’t using steroids illegal also? I wonder how many WS trophies are being proudly displayed that were aided by steroid hits, steroid RBIs, steroid Ws, etc...so on and so forth...hmm

Not justifying what the Astros did. Just wondering if one cheat is worse than another in order to achieve the ultimate?

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I would think most owners would make that deal.

Why pay $300 million for a superstar player when you can get a World Series for only $5 million and a couple of draft picks that can be replaced through free agency or by trades with teams out of the playoff hunt looking to jettison contracts?
You literally just defined the 2000's Patriots. That's why they are so willing to jettison so many star players wanting a payday. They've been cheating for over a decade, and haven't stopped imo, even though they were busted in Spygate. Now that the spotlight is back on the Pats, they've been eliminated from the playoffs. Ironic.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Cheaters never win. lol This situation is pathetic and you know the whole team was involved.

kskboys

Reaction score
Even with cheating the Astros needed a 7th game vs the Yankees in 2017. Any people who say the Yankees win because they spent so much money, ok next time we will just cheat and save the money.

Meanwhile i was on this board giving the Astros credit after they beat the Yankees, even did so after this playoff. Any credit i gave the Astros after those wins, they didn't deserve it.

Shame on the Astros. Dark days to be a Astros fan atm.
Yanks cheated w/ steroids. Dark days to be a Yankees fan!!!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Yanks cheated w/ steroids. Dark days to be a Yankees fan!!!
I don't remember the Yankees FO cheating. The Astros have been caught cheating as a org.

If the Astros didn't cheat in 2017 the Yankees with a young team win that series, and Houston never goes to that WS.

MLB might not be able to take these WS wins away from the Astros, but any person working in the press knows this Astros team is no dynasty, and they will never be referred to as such.

These WS wins by the Astros have almost no value now. Shame on the Astros, worst part is their fans didn't deserve this, none the less here we are.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't remember the Yankees FO cheating. The Astros have been caught cheating as a org.

If the Astros didn't cheat in 2017 the Yankees with a young team win that series, and Houston never goes to that WS.

MLB might not be able to take these WS wins away from the Astros, but any person working in the press knows this Astros team is no dynasty, and they will never be referred to as such.

These WS wins by the Astros have almost no value now. Shame on the Astros, worst part is their fans didn't deserve this, none the less here we are.
Type of cheating isn't all that relevant. Cheating is cheating.

The Astros FO wasn't cheating. Yanks mgmt knew they were cheating.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Type of cheating isn't all that relevant. Cheating is cheating.

The Astros FO wasn't cheating. Yanks mgmt knew they were cheating.
Astros FO was cheating. The Astros stole two WS titles. Those wins need to be taken away, but the MLB doesn't know how to go about it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if more news about this comes out very soon.

You go ahead rinse and repeat, the suspensions are there and more probably incoming.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Astros FO was cheating. The Astros stole two WS titles. Those wins need to be taken away, but the MLB doesn't know how to go about it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if more news about this comes out very soon.

You go ahead rinse and repeat, the suspensions are there and more probably incoming.

Anyone trying to make an argument and cant even get it correct that the astros have never won or stolen two WS titles is suspect.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

I respect you and your opinion but it’s really difficult to believe that the FO would not know if one of their players was using steroids. FOs mostly care about Ws and WS.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3mgqle.jpg

WOW! Truly amazing how everyone is being watched no matter what these days.

Today's technology, especially with Smartphones, is scary. Once you're put on Social Media, it's there forever.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember that well. At the time, the excuse was because he didn’t want his jersey torn. I have a feeling that Altuve will be missing quite a few games in 2020.

Probably not because the players have been given a 'free pass' in order to get their cooperation in the investigation.

Buzzer or trash-can noise... I don't think it makes much difference.