AT&T buys T-mobile

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
VietCowboy;3883315 said:
of course, today, Sprint announces its collaboration with Google voice, free porting, free sms, etc. This is sweet, calls to Vietnam only $.09 per minute.

Everytime I call Vietnam w/ G-voice, I have to hang up.

I don't understand a WORD they are saying to me. :mad:

kapolani

Reaction score
VietCowboy;3883420 said:
Can you use your cell phone number to dial out from GV or do you need to "call" your phone first (or call your GV from your phone before dialing out)?

You can set it up either way.

With the gvoice extensions you can set it up so that it happens transparent to you. So, you just use your regular way to dial or send text messages.

Also, if people call your GV, do they still get free minutes under the free mobile to mobile, and vice-versa.

They won't get free minutes unless they have you on their 'friends' or 'A list.' etc. You can, however, pay to have your phone number ported to gvoice. I didn't port my number. I have separate phone numbers for various things.

I use my gvoice number when I apply/sign up for things etc. Basically, I use gvoice as a screening service. All bill agencies etc get this number. Really limints the amount of telemarketer calls.

I use another gvoice number as an emergency number. This way, if a call comes in from this number, it will ring all our phones and we know that it is an emergency.

Been using gvoice for years. Love it.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
kapolani;3883458 said:
You can set it up either way.

With the gvoice extensions you can set it up so that it happens transparent to you. So, you just use your regular way to dial or send text messages.

They won't get free minutes unless they have you on their 'friends' or 'A list.' etc. You can, however, pay to have your phone number ported to gvoice. I didn't port my number. I have separate phone numbers for various things.

I use my gvoice number when I apply/sign up for things etc. Basically, I use gvoice as a screening service. All bill agencies etc get this number. Really limints the amount of telemarketer calls.

I use another gvoice number as an emergency number. This way, if a call comes in from this number, it will ring all our phones and we know that it is an emergency.

Been using gvoice for years. Love it.

Yes, I agree GV is great! I have a GV number, and now with Sprint collaborating with GV, I can basically use my Sprint # to make calls on GV without costing me any minutes, and if I call someone who has free M2M, they don't get charged the minutes either.

Porting is $20 to GV, but now that Sprint is doing this, it is going to be free. I'm going to keep my GV # (for therapy clients) and also port my own number for personal use.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3883227 said:
No I will keep my PC thank you very much.

It means I am not obsessed with steve jobs like you are.

Steve Jobs is not in control of all things evil...if he were then Then apple would out sell all other phones, OS and computers in the market and have a world wide monopoly on all things digital. They do not out sell everything...a point you have argued about with others many times.

Steve Jobs is not the Emperor in charge of the empire and for the apple fan boys, he is also not yoda.

I am beginning to think you might have involuntary tics or twitches when the name Steve Jobs or the word Apple is mentioned...JOBS APPLE...APPLE JOBS...did that about make you fall out of your chair. :p:

Oh it's coming. Apple actually just surpassed Microsoft in money being made. And at the pace they just overtook that giant, give it 10 more years and Apple probably will have a monopoly on all things digital.

It's about quality. And in the computer industry that's Apple being the one living up to that standard with everything they release, while the PC world continues to just trip over themselves.

Only the economy currently holds this back. If everyone could afford apple, I doubt the pc/windows market would be doing very well. The secrets been let out of the bag, ignorance is no longer...Windows sucks, as does the highly generic market of PCs that supports it.

Sounds like you have something personal against Steve Jobs though. But who cares about any of that crap, they're all a bunch of nerds anyway, it's about getting the best quality product you can buy. Apple has no competition, just like the Cowboys don't have any real competition for the title of America's Team, and neither Steve Jobs nor Jerry Jones has ANYTHING to do with that.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys2008;3883972 said:
Oh it's coming. Apple actually just surpassed Microsoft in money being made. And at the pace they just overtook that giant, give it 10 more years and Apple probably will have a monopoly on all things digital.

It's about quality. And in the computer industry that's Apple being the one living up to that standard with everything they release, while the PC world continues to just trip over themselves.

Only the economy currently holds this back. If everyone could afford apple, I doubt the pc/windows market would be doing very well. The secrets been let out of the bag, ignorance is no longer...Windows sucks, as does the highly generic market of PCs that supports it.

Sounds like you have something personal against Steve Jobs though. But who cares about any of that crap, they're all a bunch of nerds anyway, it's about getting the best quality product you can buy. Apple has no competition, just like the Cowboys don't have any real competition for the title of America's Team, and neither Steve Jobs nor Jerry Jones has ANYTHING to do with that.

OK...I love having something against steve jobs and someone thinking I have turned into an apple fan boy in the same thread.

Ok NYC...Release the hounds and get him. :laugh1:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3883997 said:
OK...I love having something against steve jobs and someone thinking I have turned into an apple fan boy in the same thread.

Ok NYC...Release the hounds and get him. :laugh1:

Cry havok.....and slip the dogs of war!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh1:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
theogt;3883271 said:
It's possible they'll keep a separate "brand" with lower prices. Probably not likely, though. Regardless, you have another year before they even close the merger.

AT&T bought Cingular a few years ago in this area. They required all Cingular customers to enter a new two year contract regardless of their existing plan with Cingular. Just about everyone I know switched to Verizon.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Vtwin;3884039 said:
AT&T bought Cingular a few years ago in this area. They required all Cingular customers to enter a new two year contract regardless of their existing plan with Cingular. Just about everyone I know switched to Verizon.

I was with ATT when they switched to Cingular then back to ATT again. A few months ago I replaced them with Cellular South mainly because they paid our term fees and a better plan. I get unlimited talk, data and text for what I was paying for 450 mins and unlimited data with ATT.

kapolani

Reaction score
Vtwin;3884041 said:
What are you laughing at? You're the same thing on the opposite side of the fence.

:laugh1:

Actually... We're quite different.

I don't hate anyone. I couldn't give two poops whether IOS or Android wins. I just like gadgets. I would just as soon own an Android phone if something better came out.

The other guy acts like Jobs pooned his wife. He froths at the mouth when talking about Apple.

I got bored one day and thought it would be funny to post Android stuff.

There are more than a few posters that believe the other guy must have been inappropriately touched by Jobs in a past life, and commented on it.

:lmao:

kapolani

Reaction score
VietCowboy;3883504 said:
Porting is $20 to GV, but now that Sprint is doing this, it is going to be free. I'm going to keep my GV # (for therapy clients) and also port my own number for personal use.

I'm not quite there yet.

I've had some downtime with GVoice before. I'm not ready to use it exclusively.

Maybe one day.