At Least Parcells Would Bench(or cut) Poor Play

DallasDomination

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2397102 said:
who did parcells ever cut any one.
That's not the point. PArcells would make guys accountable and wasnt affraid to hurt peoples feelings. Wade is a sorry excuse of a Coach and His Cupcake ways are because He has No BALLS!.

watertown

Reaction score
sjordan6;2395743 said:
What pisses me off more than anything is the lack of emotion, intensity, and oh-well attitude Wade has and his refusal to see the glass as completely empty. The team is a reflection of the head coach and right now they are playing like Wade coaches.

There is no way Flozell continues to suit up with the way he is playing. If he is hurt then he doesnt play and if he is healthy than play like it. Parcells would have benched him after the Bengals game for sure.

The poor tackling is a direct reflection of the coaching and the penalties is residue of "Camp Cupcake". Wade seems like the only one who is living in the past of last season and thinks they are automatically suppose to win.

People please stop blaming Jerry as the GM for putting the most talented team on the field. This team is loaded but the coaches job is to get them ready to play. Right now they are simply being outplayed and are showing no emotion or intensity to win.

A reflection of the coach.

This team will be no better when Romo returns because they have bigger problems than Romo. Unless Wade decides to bench poor play and hold his position coaches accountable then this team will tumble to mediocrity.

My hope is that Felix Jones will provide a spark on offense that will Romo to hopefully take advantage of Roy Williams and T.O.

Hopefully Newman can allow us some help on a defense that can use him and maybe we can win some games to have a chance at a wild card. No matter what happens, Wade should be fired! Super Bowl or not!

I also hope this losing streak kills any plans of Garrett becoming a head coach next year. Hopefully JJ hires a coach with some fire and discipline in his vein (Bill Cow)!

Bill was average for us so we keep bringing him up. Also why the love for stone face Cowher, he one one SB in 16 years with the Pitt. Cowboy fans would run him out of town for that

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Rack;2397058 said:
We'd probably still not know about Romo if BP didn't bench Bledsoe.

sad huh. without tuna i have no doubt jerruh would have never kept Romo on the roster that long.

we'd have the endless parade of dolts in... qb who moved by car then was cut, quincy, hutch, henson, leaf, etc.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm interested in why so many think the players that got us to 13-4 last year are so bad they need to be discarded. We're still 5-4 one game worse than last's years wonder team the Pats. And better than the Colts and the Chargers who were also picked to win the SB.

Some of you are way to unrealistic as if we would make such wholesale changes with players under contract. And you're way to eager to give up on the team and it's coaches. Not saying we don't have problems but dang.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zrinkill;2395752 said:
Who did Parcells ever bench or cut do to performance?

I was about to post the same thing.

Parcells did just as lousy a coaching job as Phillips is doing.

Good job building the roster, but he was lousy as a HC here.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2397102 said:
who did parcells ever cut any one.

Antonio Bryant...gawd what an idiot..I would love to have AB back on this team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Aikbach;2397070 said:
Its honestly time to overhaul the roster outside of a few special players like Witten, Ware, Romo, Barber, Roy Williams.

Purging is needed at linebacker, defensive end and oline and wide receiver.

I dont think the roster needs to be overhauled, there's too much talent to do that.

Why do we need to overhaul the WR position? Owens is getting up there in age, but we just traded alot for Roy Williams. Patrick Crayton is a very solid #3 guy, and not many teams have a 4th guy as talented and physically gifted as Miles Austin. All 3of these guys are young and have upside.

I see nothing wrong with the LB's either, especially when we have Ware and Spencer. Zach Thomas will probably need replacing soon because of age, but otherwise I disagree here.

I could see some change on the OL next yr. I think this is Adams' last yr at LT, he might be moved to RT where having him and Davis next to each other could be a nightmare for alot of teams. Gurode is a great center. I doubt Columbo is back.

Not sure about DE either. Probably depends on what happens with the coaching situation. Either way I doubt Canty is back. But Spears has another yr and does a good job vs the run, Ratliff is probably better suited to DE. If they stick with the 3-4, the NT position is probably what needs upgrading more than the DE.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
it's not about Parcells vs Wade. it's about the players not respecting either coach cause they know Jerry is in charge. Jerry will overrule any decision by the coach if he wants to. because of that the players don't buy into what the coach is preaching cause he has no authority over them. but feel free to tell me how it's not Jerry's fault.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2397385 said:
I was about to post the same thing.

Parcells did just as lousy a coaching job as Phillips is doing.

Good job building the roster, but he was lousy as a HC here.

That might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted, David.

You can't possibly really believe that.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells coaching job in 2003 may be the best we have seen in a non Super Bowl season - ever.

Reaction score
I agree with the tread starter but about JERRY JONES. Jerry means well, He tries hard to put talent on the field, BUT --- He has undermined every coach he has had except Jimmy and Bill. He lets the players complain to him, minimizes his coaches ability to disicipline players and that is the problem. Its the AL DAVIS EFFECT. An we have the same results as the Raiders.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2397557 said:

10-6, 6-10, 9-7, 9-7...no playoff wins and late season fades virtually every yr

the proof is in black and white for all to see

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;2397557 said:

Parcells couldn't sniff Wade's jock in terms of coaching a football team. The guy stayed in base 3-4 defenses against 5 receiver sets. Idiotic.

Now, in terms of assembling talent, who knows, as Wade's never really done that.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2397776 said:
Parcells couldn't sniff Wade's jock in terms of coaching a football team. The guy stayed in base 3-4 defenses against 5 receiver sets. Idiotic.

Now, in terms of assembling talent, who knows, as Wade's never really done that.
:lmao: what a dumb statement. you're on a roll tonight

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2397783 said:
:lmao: what a dumb statement. you're on a roll tonight
Parcells was a terrible X's and O's coach. Downright incompetent. Or at least a couple decades behind the times.

Actually, no, even back then when he won his Super Bowls, his coordinators wrote the playbooks and called the plays.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2397790 said:
Parcells was a terrible X's and O's coach. Downright incompetent. Or at least a couple decades behind the times.

I think thats on the money.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2397790 said:

Actually, no, even back then when he won his Super Bowls, his coordinators wrote the playbooks and called the plays.
I'll take Parcells 2 rings over Wades 0-5 playoff record anyday.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Parcells is gone. It is okay to move on. I can see it 14 years form now like the Jimmy threads.

"Maybe Jerry will bring Parcells back?"