At some point, Dak has to take a look in the mirror!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I looked it up.. the game time spread had the Cowboys -2.5. I think that means the Cowboys were the favorites against Tampa. But you didn't address Detroit. Were they a good team before they lost to the Cowboys, morphed into a bad team that Sunday, then went back to being a good team on Monday after the game or not?
I didn't address Detroit not because you might be right but because I don't know.

I do know Dallas faced a loser dysfunctional tampa. If you found the odds you wanted....so be it. You know in your heart tampa was losers. We beat up losers all the time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I didn't address Detroit not because you might be right but because I don't know.

I do know Dallas faced a loser dysfunctional tampa. If you found the odds you wanted....so be it. You know in your heart tampa was losers. We beat up losers all the time.
Well I do.. there has been a multitude of "Dak can't beat good teams" posts on this site for the last 4-5 years. Therefore by definition any time the Cowboys win against a team those people are declaring those team "not good." It aint rocket surgery. People bend over backwards twisting facts around trying to be right no matter how much evidence is presented to show they're wrong. The bottom line is all our losses aint because of Dak and neither are all our wins. It's about the team. Every body plays a part.. Yes the QB plays the biggest part, that's why he gets the biggest paycheck. But no matter how much they pay a guy he aint never gonna go out there and play 1 on 11. I just wish we could quit acting like he does. It's really annoying.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I do.. there has been a multitude of "Dak can't beat good teams" posts on this site for the last 4-5 years. Therefore by definition any time the Cowboys win against a team those people are declaring those team "not good." It aint rocket surgery. People bend over backwards twisting facts around trying to be right no matter how much evidence is presented to show they're wrong. The bottom line is all our losses aint because of Dak and neither are all our wins. It's about the team. Every body plays a part.. Yes the QB plays the biggest part, that's why he gets the biggest paycheck. But no matter how much they pay a guy he aint never gonna go out there and play 1 on 11. I just wish we could quit acting like he does. It's really annoying.
I have to admit I'm a little confused. I rarely see you jump right on others for credit, but VERY willing to defned the losses. Yes...you have your caveat there...I see it. But not in direct response to the win credit like you do for blame.

okay...since you are such an expert....tell us what great teams Dak has played well enough to get the credit...when he has inspired the team to victory. It's been nine years there should be plenty.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Mahomes has one of the league's best Olines. He loses 1 weapon who his coaches and ownership immediately replace with 2 more. He has stud RBs who help keep the pressure off of him. He also has one of the very best head coaches and O-Coordinator in the NFL. Plus, his defense is top 8 every single year led by arguably the best DT in the NFL along with one of the best D-Coordinators.

It's not even close to what Dak has in Dallas, so stop with the lies.
You put Dak on the Chiefs and they are not winning a SB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Since his ankle injury, Dak is less willing to run. This makes him less of a weapon. So, he has to be that much greater of a passer or he's not worth the salary. As I see it, he's under water.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a little confused. I rarely see you jump right on others for credit, but VERY willing to defned the losses. Yes...you have your caveat there...I see it. But not in direct response to the win credit like you do for blame.

okay...since you are such an expert....tell us what great teams Dak has played well enough to get the credit...when he has inspired the team to victory. It's been nine years there should be plenty.
To list Dak's wins against good teams would be an exercise in futility since the anti-Dak crowd would always come up with some rationalization for why they don't count. I mean I just mentioned wins against the Lions in 2023 and the Eagles in 2022 and apparently that did nothing for you. So why would I expect any other games to move the needle. Hell we beat the Eagles (another playoff team) last season and rightfully would have swept them were it not for some HORRIBLE officiating against us in the third quarter of that game at Philly. We also beat the Rams (still another playoff team) last season with Dak at QB. So that's 3 wins vs playoff teams in 2023 and then going back to 2022 wins vs the Giants (twice), the Eagles, the Vikings and of course the Bucs in the playoffs. So that was 5 wins vs playoff teams in 2022. That's a lotta wins vs playoff teams for a guy who can't beat good teams. But I get it, the Cowboys beat those teams with Dak at QB therefore by the pythagorean theorem they cannot be good teams and those could not have been big games. Because CowboysZone says so.

I don't jump in when someone brings up wins and losses so much as I jump in to debunk the "can't beat good teams" and "can't win big games" nonsense. I don't credit Dak solely for wins any more than I blame him solely for losses. But I do hate stupid and false statements like the above and I enjoy refuting them with facts and watching the mental gymnastics people are willing to go through to try and dismiss said facts. The fact is the Cowboys have won 7 games against playoff teams in the last two regular seasons. People can feel free to poo poo those facts till the cows come home but that's the thing about facts. They won't change just because we don't like them.

None of this is to say I am satisfied with how Dak or anybody else on the team has played this season. But I refuse to accept mindless absolutes about what they can and can't do based on false perceptions of the past. We know they can play better because we've seen it. We damn well better see it Sunday night or things will get ugly both during and after the game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo. They wouldn't sniff a SB.
I think you guys are ignoring the Andy Reid factor. Reid is a better coach and has a more innovative and creative offensive mind than McCarthy. He gets the most out of what he has better than any coach I've seen not named Belichick. He might just be capable of doing it with Dak.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
He has to say to himself, i'm the highest paid player on this team, I'm the leader of this team. I don't need to talk about what needs to get done, or becoming better every week, I need to step up my play. I've been in the league far too long, the Jones family has been great to me and have given me and my family generational wealth. It's time for him to find something deep inside of him and say, I'm going to pay them back for what they've done for me!!!! Please give your thoughts on this!
Too busy counting his money.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To list Dak's wins against good teams would be an exercise in futility since the anti-Dak crowd would always come up with some rationalization for why they don't count. I mean I just mentioned wins against the Lions in 2023 and the Eagles in 2022 and apparently that did nothing for you. So why would I expect any other games to move the needle. Hell we beat the Eagles (another playoff team) last season and rightfully would have swept them were it not for some HORRIBLE officiating against us in the third quarter of that game at Philly. We also beat the Rams (still another playoff team) last season with Dak at QB. So that's 3 wins vs playoff teams in 2023 and then going back to 2022 wins vs the Giants (twice), the Eagles, the Vikings and of course the Bucs in the playoffs. So that was 5 wins vs playoff teams in 2022. That's a lotta wins vs playoff teams for a guy who can't beat good teams. But I get it, the Cowboys beat those teams with Dak at QB therefore by the pythagorean theorem they cannot be good teams and those could not have been big games. Because CowboysZone says so.

I don't jump in when someone brings up wins and losses so much as I jump in to debunk the "can't beat good teams" and "can't win big games" nonsense. I don't credit Dak solely for wins any more than I blame him solely for losses. But I do hate stupid and false statements like the above and I enjoy refuting them with facts and watching the mental gymnastics people are willing to go through to try and dismiss said facts. The fact is the Cowboys have won 7 games against playoff teams in the last two regular seasons. People can feel free to poo poo those facts till the cows come home but that's the thing about facts. They won't change just because we don't like them.

None of this is to say I am satisfied with how Dak or anybody else on the team has played this season. But I refuse to accept mindless absolutes about what they can and can't do based on false perceptions of the past. We know they can play better because we've seen it. We damn well better see it Sunday night or things will get ugly both during and after the game.
You mention ONE game in each of the last two years. HARDLY impressive. And you never said HOW it was dak beat them. If you don't want to put in the effort for your claims...fine.

I say "big games" and "good teams" are LARGELY playoff games.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think Dak looks in the mirror every chance he gets......laughs out loud, and says to his reflection "I can't believe they are paying YOU 60 mil per year. YOU!!! HAHAHAHAHA"

Jerry is the one that should look in the mirror. That said, legend says he doesn't have a reflection

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You mention ONE game in each of the last two years. HARDLY impressive. And you never said HOW it was dak beat them. If you don't want to put in the effort for your claims...fine.

I say "big games" and "good teams" are LARGELY playoff games.
And I never will.. because Dak didn't beat them, the team did. I just rattled off 8 wins against playoff competition and you managed to use modulo arithmetic and convert to two games.

Your honor the defense rests.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You wish. Dak and a few other QBs could win a SB with that Chiefs team, coaching staff, GM and ownership.
Yeah the concept that ONLY one guy can do a thing in the NFL has always puzzled me. Just like more than one back could have rushed for big yards behind the Dallas line in the 90's or behind the line that Zeke had 7-8 years ago. But would they have had the same success that Emmitt and Zeke had? Probably not.. but in both cases I think they would have done well. Dak is not as good as Mahomes.. so I would not expect him to play as well in the same system as Mahomes.. What I WOULD expect is that Andy Reid would devise an attack that maximizes the things that Dak does well and yes, I think the Chiefs would still win a Super Bowl or two with Dak at QB. Maybe not three. Maybe not back to back.. But I firmly believe they'd have at least one ring with Dak under center.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo. They wouldn't sniff a SB.
The Dallas Cowboys are fresh off of their bye week and preparing to travel to Santa Clara for a big NFC matchup against the San Francisco 49ers.

This rivalry is not what it used to be. San Francisco has dominated the recent matchups. Before the 42-10 beat down last year on Sunday Night Football, the 49ers eliminated the Cowboys from the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

https://insidethestar.com/3-bold-predictions-can-the-cowboys-get-the-monkey-off-their-back

If he doesn't start out strong and win this one, he may never be fully respected.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you guys are ignoring the Andy Reid factor. Reid is a better coach and has a more innovative and creative offensive mind than McCarthy. He gets the most out of what he has better than any coach I've seen not named Belichick. He might just be capable of doing it with Dak.
Not ignoring the Andy Reid factor at all.

Just taking into full account the Dak Prescott factor.

giphy.gif