At this point, can we say we'd go undefeated against the Giants and Commanders?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
For several years, we've been extremely successful against these 2 teams. With that said, we've lacked in bringing in talent thus far (YES THERE"S STILL TIME TO MAKE MOVES). At this moment, and with all that we lost/ young players coming in, can we still hold that toughness against these teams as we've done in the past. The Commanders thus far with their available cap space have made numerous move, if they get a QB that could really make them great. What are your thoughts on this, share!!

shabazz

Reaction score
Each year it will be harder to get those guaranteed 4 wins against those 2 teams but this season the Skins split with us while the giants give up both games because they've regressed.

If the Skins new QB turns out to be a baller, all bets are off.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about the Eagles. We could win both of those games as well. We should have last year.

No team in the division is better or worse at this point then they were last season. We may look to be worse on paper at this point though.

Washington looks to be a little improved. We will see how their rookie QB looks if they draft one, and probably will.
Eagles lost some players, brought some in. I say they are about the same. New OC in Moore, and a new DC, maybe that makes a difference in their defense. Not so sure about the offense.
NYG, forget about them for now.

Dallas, addition by subtraction is a possibility. In a wait and see mode for now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Fans that don’t care about the future will consider 3rd place in the division as successful next year.

Fans that want that sweet, sweet top 3ish draft pick to grab a QB will be hoping for last place.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The Giants will be one of the worst teams in the league. Not worried about Washington. How we do against Philly depends on which version of Hurts shows up.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's unreasonable at this point to expect anything at all. The draft hasn't happened yet and training camp is still 3 months away. However, given the current lack of attention to the roster, it's safe to assume the team is in for an substantially worse season than the 3 previous seasons.

rambo2

Reaction score
For several years, we've been extremely successful against these 2 teams. With that said, we've lacked in bringing in talent thus far (YES THERE"S STILL TIME TO MAKE MOVES). At this moment, and with all that we lost/ young players coming in, can we still hold that toughness against these teams as we've done in the past. The Commanders thus far with their available cap space have made numerous move, if they get a QB that could really make them great. What are your thoughts on this, share!!
Yes, they sweep them.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think we’re gonna be lucky to get to 4-4 in the east this year. Teams are improving outside of the Boy’s. This is a 7-9 win team in 24 and if by some miracle they win 10-12 games it will be one helluva coaching job.

shabazz

Reaction score
Fans that want that sweet, sweet top 3ish draft pick to grab a QB will be hoping for last place.

^ This is me all over. Now to be clear, when Jerry said all-in I thought he might be serious and we'd pick up a blue chip DT or LB but once he did nothing, I saw things for what they are.

once you realize that the team will be markedly worse, the only logical thing is to hope for a high draft pick next year....it's just logical

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I have this weird feeling that we'll have a really good year this year. This offseason feels like 2013 going into 2014. Everyone was really frustrated after three 8-8 seasons and had pretty much given up on Romo, and the offseason seemed pretty awful, and everyone was very down on the team going into the season. Then in 2014 they had a great season and probably best chance to reach a SB we've seen since 1995.

So we'll probably finally make the championship game this year, lose, sign Dak to a $88m/year contract and then never see a Super Bowl for the rest of our lives. God speed, gentlemen.

Havic

Reaction score
For this year.

Split with eagles and commanders

Sweep giants

rambo2

Reaction score
I believe the Skins gained some ground while we clearly regressed....and this is BEFORE they get their new franchise quarterback.
Their new qb will be boom or bust. They paid too much for their new center.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s no guaranteed wins with the Cowboys. We’ve lost starters and depth so we’ve come down from where we were talent wise. Not only that but the teams confidence has been shaken. I’ll take 10-7 right now because that should be good enough for a wildcard. Winning 10 games could be a struggle unless we have a GREAT draft and at least a couple of players from last years draft develop and make an impact.