At this point, can we say we'd go undefeated against the Giants and Commanders?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I never expect to sweep divisional opponents. It’s great when it happens though.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have this weird feeling that we'll have a really good year this year. This offseason feels like 2013 going into 2014. Everyone was really frustrated after three 8-8 seasons and had pretty much given up on Romo, and the offseason seemed pretty awful, and everyone was very down on the team going into the season. Then in 2014 they had a great season and probably best chance to reach a SB we've seen since 1995.

So we'll probably finally make the championship game this year, lose, sign Dak to a $88m/year contract and then never see a Super Bowl for the rest of our lives. God speed, gentlemen.
I don't know who was blaming Romo. He threw for over 500 yards one game in 2013 and Dallas still lost. That Cowboys team between 2010 and 2013 was just bad. The only thing that changed in 2014 was ball control offense. It kept Tony from being reckless and hid our crap defense. No one expected that.

What happened in 2014 could happen to any team that has a dominating run game. No one can predict that. What else could give us an unexpected good year?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I never expect to sweep divisional opponents. It’s great when it happens though.
you don't be there's others on here that think we're just going to roll over these teams because of the star on our helmets

kskboys

Reaction score
For several years, we've been extremely successful against these 2 teams. With that said, we've lacked in bringing in talent thus far (YES THERE"S STILL TIME TO MAKE MOVES). At this moment, and with all that we lost/ young players coming in, can we still hold that toughness against these teams as we've done in the past. The Commanders thus far with their available cap space have made numerous move, if they get a QB that could really make them great. What are your thoughts on this, share!!
Absolutely not. WASH just needs a QB, they have talent. And they're positioned to get one.

Giants do to, not sure they know it yet.

rambo2

Reaction score
Can't pay too much for a C. Not having a C screws up your whole.
They did. He is average at best, which is why the Cowboys brain trust is going with what they have and what they can get in the draft

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we go 0-4 against the Giants and Skins...............that means we will be looking at a top 5 draft pick.

That is what half this board wants, so would it really be considered a jinx?
The thread title is:

At this point, can we say we'd go undefeated against the Giants and Commanders?​

'Undefeated' means 4-0. My earlier sarcasm equated to the team going 0-4. In sports, a win is a good result and a loss is a bad result. In regards to what 'win' and 'loss' means without morphing their terms by what if scenarios, four losses and zero wins would be the fictional result of a jinx, a.k.a. bad luck, since that result is the polar opposite of four wins and zero losses.

To the tens of thousands of Cowboys fans around the world possibly wanting a 0-4 finish against Washington and New York, plus a guaranteed solid difference making top five selection, I say good luck to that. One, the odds are higher that this 'all in but ain't really all in' team wins a minimum of one out of four meetings against those division rivals this season--than it going 0-4, no matter how many Cowboys

lGnn6XJ.gif

fans desire it. Two, Jerry Jones is the final decision maker no matter how many actual qualified football people he may have installed beneath him in the front office. The closest real life Washington/New York 0-4 win/loss result, that x-number of fans currently want, during Jones' GM tenure, was the Dave Campo coached 2002 season--with the team finishing 1-3 against those two teams and 5-11 overall.

The 5-11 finish landed the franchise in fifth place in the draft order. "...and with the fifth pick in the 2003 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..."

8dDYFp1.gif

History reflects what desiring a top five finish produced. Now, someone may come along and counter with, "Shut up, DE. That is just one case." That would be 100% (but I'm not shutting up, lol). Let's ease on down the Jones yellow brick road to 2015. The team went 2-2 against Washington and New York but still finished the regular season 4-12 under Jason Garrett. Jump ahead to the following April draft. Dallas squats in the fourth spot of the draft order. "...and with the fourth pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..."

iNLBm6e.gif

History reflected what desiring a top five finish produced. Again. Maybe the third time will be the charm under Jones if hopeful Cowboys fans get a 0-4 finish against the Commanders and Giants (or some other win/loss combination)? Stay tuned.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don’t undersell Dan Quinn…. the defense here may have fallen apart by the end, but they definitely came out strong.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Smart not to take anything for granted. "On given Sunday in the NFL." Count the win the losses after the games.

For those that want to disagree I would like to refer you to the Arizona Cardinal game last season. The Cowboys were a big favorite and got thumped.

raven55

Reaction score
what makes you think we will be any better then the rest get ready you rainbow riders we will miss the playoffs and be drafting extremely high

Asklesko

Reaction score
No one can say that. No one knows how good/bad we will be. This is looking like a dreadful year, actually, so I would expect some defeats.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The giants have had 2 good seasons since 2011. I'm never worried about them. Not worried about Washington either. They've had 1 good season since 2000. Lol.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The thread title is:

'Undefeated' means 4-0. My earlier sarcasm equated to the team going 0-4. In sports, a win is a good result and a loss is a bad result. In regards to what 'win' and 'loss' means without morphing their terms by what if scenarios, four losses and zero wins would be the fictional result of a jinx, a.k.a. bad luck, since that result is the polar opposite of four wins and zero losses.

To the tens of thousands of Cowboys fans around the world possibly wanting a 0-4 finish against Washington and New York, plus a guaranteed solid difference making top five selection, I say good luck to that. One, the odds are higher that this 'all in but ain't really all in' team wins a minimum of one out of four meetings against those division rivals this season--than it going 0-4, no matter how many Cowboys

lGnn6XJ.gif

fans desire it. Two, Jerry Jones is the final decision maker no matter how many actual qualified football people he may have installed beneath him in the front office. The closest real life Washington/New York 0-4 win/loss result, that x-number of fans currently want, during Jones' GM tenure, was the Dave Campo coached 2002 season--with the team finishing 1-3 against those two teams and 5-11 overall.

The 5-11 finish landed the franchise in fifth place in the draft order. "...and with the fifth pick in the 2003 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..."

8dDYFp1.gif

History reflects what desiring a top five finish produced. Now, someone may come along and counter with, "Shut up, DE. That is just one case." That would be 100% (but I'm not shutting up, lol). Let's ease on down the Jones yellow brick road to 2015. The team went 2-2 against Washington and New York but still finished the regular season 4-12 under Jason Garrett. Jump ahead to the following April draft. Dallas squats in the fourth spot of the draft order. "...and with the fourth pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..."

iNLBm6e.gif

History reflected what desiring a top five finish produced. Again. Maybe the third time will be the charm under Jones if hopeful Cowboys fans get a 0-4 finish against the Commanders and Giants (or some other win/loss combination)? Stay tuned.
Yeah, the draft is a total crapshoot and you never know who you draft is going to be worth it, especially in the top five,

Although an argument could be made that Zeke was worth the 4th overall. He instantly was the best RB in the league, was always near the top every year in total rushing yards, had multiple pro bowl seasons, etc.

Compare that to other RBs taken in the top 5-10 range like Barkley or even Bijon last year. They didn’t have near the impact or production Zeke had.

Zeke played about as good as a RB can play drafted that high, but the problem was the second contract, he was starting to decline by then from all the wear and tear.

Anyways, good post DE

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't know who was blaming Romo. He threw for over 500 yards one game in 2013 and Dallas still lost. That Cowboys team between 2010 and 2013 was just bad. The only thing that changed in 2014 was ball control offense. It kept Tony from being reckless and hid our crap defense. No one expected that.

What happened in 2014 could happen to any team that has a dominating run game. No one can predict that. What else could give us an unexpected good year?
That's because Romo choked at the moment of truth which was who he was.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my mind there is no way we can depend on it. We could be worse, and they could be better. Really hard to know how good anyone is in April. One things for sure, you can’t carry over success. You’ve got to get to work and build it back up again every season.

visionary

Reaction score
Nope
We will get beat by Skirts at least once or may get swept
They have built a really good team and Quinn knows Dak
It will not be pretty