At What Point Can We Say The Window Has Closed?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
There was a window? Sorry if I missed it 2016 was probably the last time I felt they could do something.
Yep. That is the last year I actually had confidence we could make an NFC championship game and a Super Bowl. Every playoff appearance since then, not even close.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it expected? Up until yesterday most pundits said we’d resign pollard and maybe Biadasz…
No one I read and take seriously thought that. I'll provide an example. Remember this gem from last week saying don't be surprised if Cowboys bring Pollard back?

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/report-dont-be-surprised-if-cowboys-bring-pollard-back.522568/

It's from Matthew Berry. I don't consider him but passable with his fantasy football stuff (he is wrong more than he is right) and when it comes to regular football below average. But he is on TV and people think he's knowledgeable. Well in this case, it's clear he completely blew it. It didn't surprise me a bit because I don't take him seriously.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
We are losing an irreplaceable amount of starters and quality backups. The fact that most of our guys were scooped up day 1 of FA should be telling enough.

We can’t sign big names because Daks contract is too large. At what point do we say this is an unsalvageable situation and we are not going to be a 12+ win team going forward? This feels like a descent into a valley
The window closes for good on this era when they give Dak a new contract.