Atl. at Phil game thread,who wins?

SacredStar

Reaction score
I'll ask again, Vikes or NO.....who gives us the best chance of a Eagles-free SB?

Both are pretty balanced teams, hard to say. My opinion is that either one of them can beat Philly, but I'd give the edge to the Vikings because their defense is better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Are we comparing Dez to Julio? Not sure if serious.
Someone compared Dez to Julio. I just followed the comparison. I really don't care about Dez at this point. He and his team (our team) are sitting at home watching the games just like we are.
Julio dropped the ball, but at least he was playing to drop the ball.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We haven’t where Philly is going since 1996. I hate this.

Well just have the dumb logic a certain member on here has. They have not won it all so no worries. We still have those trophies 2 decades ago! We can laugh in their face!

Not. This is their 6th NFC title game appearance now since 2001. We have won a total of 2 measly wild card games in that time.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Philly FA moves really helped out this year. We sat on our hands and got worst. Philly made moves to leap frog us.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I said to take us beyond where we always seem to get stuck. Julio has gone farther so Julio has one-up on Dez.

but dez was the reason Dallas came back against green bay last year. He killed man coverage and forced help opening huge holes in the running game.

Dez's performance was good enough to get him further.

you know what, never mind.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Tevin Coleman was averaging 7.9 yards per carry.

Carried the ball 10 times in a game that was a one score game the entire time.

That’s just plain dumb.
Not that simple. A couple of Coleman's runs were wide.

What failed the Falcons all game was a reluctance to throw downfield. They never gave the Eagles a reason to respect the deep pass.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Well that didn't turn out how I wanted. Let's face it the Eagles were the better team, and Atlanta didn't up their game. Eagles tried to give them the game in the first half fumbling 4 times and losing 2. They did everything wrong but at halftime when the score was 9-10 I knew it was over. Atlanta needed to score a lot more than 10 points when the Eagles were giving them all the chances in the world.

Congratulations to Nick Foles. He played a better game than Matt Ryan completing 76% of his passes with a 100 rating. That's Prescott good.

So we wait till next week and hope that's the end of the Eagles run.

Dwight

Reaction score
we'll have to wait until Foles starts all of next year to accurately compare.

Foles didn't throw any TDs, the defense won.

Here is the fact:

Eagles won a playoff game and our team could not last year and didn’t make it this year with the QB starter.

Coaching plays a big part in winning games.

Jerry Jones needs to take notes.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Foles completed nearly 80% of his passes for over 8 yards per attempt. Not sure what game most of you were watching.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eagles offense was pathetic outside of running on Atlanta. The Falcons only scoring one TD is pathetic.
That's not going to work against either the Saints or the Vikings.
BTW, I think the Saints win. Brees has experience, Keenum doesn't. And that two headed monster in the backfield for the Saints is going to give New Orleans balance. I think the Saints have just enough defense to slow down the Vikings.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Keenum started 14 games, finished 12th in passing yards, and had a better TD-to-INT ratio (and better passer rating) than Ryan and Roethlisberger.

We’ll see what playoff pressure does to him. Got to give these teams credit that have gotten this far with backup QB’s.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I said to take us beyond where we always seem to get stuck. Julio has gone farther so Julio has one-up on Dez.

I'm sorry that my 1st ever post here has to be one directed at a fellow Cowboys fan , but : Trent Dilfer , Brad Johnson and now Nick friggin Foles have all gotten further than our recently retired signal caller ; does that mean they're all "better" than Tony Romo ?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And the cowboys went into a shell without Zeke, Lee and Tyron. Winning teams don't do that. You gotta be able to overcome adversity

It all has to do with the coaching and the front offices. Good coaches and front offices know how to build rosters with depth. Jerry will always limited the Cowboys because he refuses to change his ways.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Not that simple. A couple of Coleman's runs were wide.

What failed the Falcons all game was a reluctance to throw downfield. They never gave the Eagles a reason to respect the deep pass.
It was 20 something degrees with wind gusts of 30 miles an hour. Every time Atlanta tried to go deep the ball was knocked down and should have been intercepted. The beginning of the game Philly damn near was intercepted when Foles ball was blown down. It was an elements game and Atlanta didn't adjust.

willia451

Reaction score
we'll have to wait until Foles starts all of next year to accurately compare.

Foles didn't throw any TDs, the defense won.

The Eagles defense was good. Yes. But in the end, it was the choice of play calling that sealed the Falcons defeat.

Again. Coaching. And its why the Falcons blew a 25 point lead last year in the SB.

In the age of salary caps and free agency, coaching is all that matters.

The Cowboys need to get some.