Atlas Shrugged Trailer

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Buddy, buddy, buddy, I hope they don't screw this one up. Release date is April 15th? :bow:

[youtube]6W07bFa4TzM[/youtube]

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great title, not a great book to begin with. The Fountainhead was a much better-crafted novel, don't you think?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Idgit;3885047 said:
Great title, not a great book to begin with. The Fountainhead was a much better-crafted novel, don't you think?

Never read it. On my list. So many on my list, and no time. Well, I've put off reading just about anything until I'm done with my writing. Then I'll go on a spree before I shoot through my first round of editing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaltwaterServr;3885069 said:
Never read it. On my list. So many on my list, and no time. Well, I've put off reading just about anything until I'm done with my writing. Then I'll go on a spree before I shoot through my first round of editing.

If you're at all interested in Objectivism, I'd read Fountainhead for fun and then move on to her non-fiction. Atlas Shrugged is an interesting thought experiment, but its a 1000-page bran muffin of a novel.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will watch it for sure because i admired the book even though her ideas were never going to be practical.

EGTuna

Reaction score
John Sears is playing John Gault! Awesome. (That's like DJ Qualls playing Tom Joad).

John Gault's soporific radio address went on for more than 60 pages in the book; I wonder how long it will be in the movie?

Ayn Rand...blech.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Comes off like a TV movie. Couldn't they afford some stars?

kmp77

Reaction score
bbgun;3885863 said:
Comes off like a TV movie. Couldn't they afford some stars?

Actually had more quality actors than I thought after seeing the quality. Just looks like a tv movie.

"You can't have my metal!" ***.....seriously...

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Idgit;3885047 said:
Agreed. Both books were interesting though.