ATT is trash...

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I just got off of the phone with them. I'm trying to exchange my new iPhone 5 which was received 33 days ago and apparently they reduced their 30 return policy--oops excuse me. It's called a "buyers remorse period" to 14 days. I don't feel remorse, I feel scammed. I actually found a part of their site that said 30 days for an exchange and all the women wanted was the url so they could fix it. I said no. :D

I've been having a massive amount of problems with my wifi on the phone. I actually thought it was Cablevision which always has problems so I've had them here at least 4 times the past month trying to remedy it. Apparently, tons of iPhone 5 users are having wifi issues. Sometimes it takes forever to load a simple website. Sometimes it will constantly lose connection to the network. This happens over and over once you regain the connection. I'm constantly turning wifi off just so I can browse the internet.

I want to switch to the Galaxy S3 and I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions. I've thought about contacting Apple and seeing if they will refund me for the money I've put out but that seems highly unlikely. Still may be worth a shot.

I've also thought about just selling the iPhone on ebay or amazon and then just buying a full priced galaxy s3. I have no idea how that would work though. Anyone have any experience with that?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can get a new iPhone 5 easily but why would I want a phone tons of people are having the same problem with even after receiving a new phone.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ATT does suck. Not going to get into it but I want to get rid of them and I've had them 10+ years. Well, I will mention they sent me the wrong phone and I was in the 14 day period and they were still giving me grief. That's nothing compared to the actual reason I want to fire them.

Shunpike

Reaction score
I think you should take it to Apple Store and have it checked out. If they find out your phone is defective, Apple might replace it at the spot. This was what happened to my friend 2 years ago when his phone had battery problem. It was out of warranty period but Apple still took ownership and changed the phone.

I am also an ATT customer and I will dump them once my 2 year is up for different reasons.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
jobberone;4899328 said:
ATT does suck. Not going to get into it but I want to get rid of them and I've had them 10+ years. Well, I will mention they sent me the wrong phone and I was in the 14 day period and they were still giving me grief. That's nothing compared to the actual reason I want to fire them.

I'm with you. I've had them for about 6 or 7 years. I still have the unlimited data plan. Their customer service is just horrible though. They've gotten way too comfortable with how big they are.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Shunpike;4899332 said:
I think you should take it to Apple Store and have it checked out. If they find out your phone is defective, Apple might replace it at the spot. This was what happened to my friend 2 years ago when his phone had battery problem. It was out of warranty period but Apple still took ownership and changed the phone.

I am also an ATT customer and I will dump them once my 2 year is up for different reasons.

The problem is that this seems to be on a ton of iPhones. There are 175 pages on apples site full of people with similar problems. Some of these people replaced their phone with a new one and still had the problem. I just don't feel like dealing with all of that crap.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4899336 said:
I'm with you. I've had them for about 6 or 7 years. I still have the unlimited data plan. Their customer service is just horrible though. They've gotten way too comfortable with how big they are.

I agree that's part but I think they all know it's hard to switch carriers. I have unlimited data on just my phone which is nice. However, I don't really ever go over on my plan because no one uses that too much. There is way many Wifi spots these days.

The biggest reason I see is I have 4 phones. My adult children are always taking my upgrades (it's amazing how many times their phones are destroyed when they want a new phone). But paying off my contract then buying 4 new phones is going to be a big hit. That's what they are counting on. Oh, they are polite but they aren't very nice. And I'm still not saying the biggie.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I was a ATT customer and Verizon customer. To me both are overpriced. What ive done is Ive gone the prepaid route and havent looked back since. And ive done this on ATT since they offer their 4g on prepaid while verizon offers only 3g. My sister is still on ATT contract plans and has no plans of letting go but she doesnt care bout new phones so she gives me her upgrades :). So when i use her upgrade i give her my phone. For 50 dollars i get unlimited talk and text and for another 25 i get 1 GB of data. I never use a GB in a month so it rolls over so the following month i pay 5 dollars instead of 25. Aslong as ATT offers this kind of service ill never go back to a contract again

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LatinMind;4899343 said:
I was a ATT customer and Verizon customer. To me both are overpriced. What ive done is Ive gone the prepaid route and havent looked back since. And ive done this on ATT since they offer their 4g on prepaid while verizon offers only 3g. My sister is still on ATT contract plans and has no plans of letting go but she doesnt care bout new phones so she gives me her upgrades :). So when i use her upgrade i give her my phone. For 50 dollars i get unlimited talk and text and for another 25 i get 1 GB of data. I never use a GB in a month so it rolls over so the following month i pay 5 dollars instead of 25. Aslong as ATT offers this kind of service ill never go back to a contract again

This is good stuff as long as you get someone's upgrade. If you had to pay $600 for a new Galaxy Note II then you'd think twice though. Esp if you had to pay for 4 phones in a 1-2 year time period.

I will consider this and think about buying unlocked phones I can use in China, here and Canada. Something to think of.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
jobberone;4899341 said:
I agree that's part but I think they all know it's hard to switch carriers. I have unlimited data on just my phone which is nice. However, I don't really ever go over on my plan because no one uses that too much. There is way many Wifi spots these days.

The biggest reason I see is I have 4 phones. My adult children are always taking my upgrades (it's amazing how many times their phones are destroyed when they want a new phone). But paying off my contract then buying 4 new phones is going to be a big hit. That's what they are counting on. Oh, they are polite but they aren't very nice. And I'm still not saying the biggie.

Yeah, I don't even come close to going over 1gb of data most months. But wouldn't you say it's hard to switch carriers because of the contracts? Maybe I'm not seeing it because I don't have kids and don't know what it's like to bring all of those people along with you to a new carrier.

I just don't understand why they can't help out their long term customers. It's not like we're trying to scam them out of a phone or money.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
jobberone;4899348 said:
This is good stuff as long as you get someone's upgrade. If you had to pay $600 for a new Galaxy Note II then you'd think twice though. Esp if you had to pay for 4 phones in a 1-2 year time period.

I will consider this and think about buying unlocked phones I can use in China, here and Canada. Something to think of.

You can unlock any phone on att. Call Att tell them ur going out of the country and you want to buy a prepaid sim there so ur not roaming. If your bill is up to date they will give it to you. I have the htc one x. I only buy htc. IMO best quality phone.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
LatinMind;4899369 said:
You can unlock any phone on att. Call Att tell them ur going out of the country and you want to buy a prepaid sim there so ur not roaming. If your bill is up to date they will give it to you. I have the htc one x. I only buy htc. IMO best quality phone.

And the sim can be inserted into the Galaxy S3 for as long as I have the phone?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
My goddaughter has a phone that works in China and the US and is unlocked all she has to do is change SIM cards. Have no idea how that works or if it's legal.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4899370 said:
And the sim can be inserted into the Galaxy S3 for as long as I have the phone?

yes aslong as its the micro sim but u can make a microsim out of a regular sim

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
jobberone;4899379 said:
My goddaughter has a phone that works in China and the US and is unlocked all she has to do is change SIM cards. Have no idea how that works or if it's legal.

There are some phone that are global. Like the blackberry storm. Or she just had it unlocked.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I am an ATT customer and I don't think they suck. I have not once had problems with service on any of my phones. I will however agree that they are wayyyy overpriced. I am g-fathered in on the unlimited data plan w/ them, so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Here in Alaska they have the best network in the state.

Verizon however will be launching in late 2013-2014 once their 4G LTE network is completed. I will kick the tires w/ them. Alaska is def excited about Big Red coming in to give all the other players some serious competition

Anyways, I like ATT.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dallas;4899478 said:
I am an ATT customer and I don't think they suck. I have not once had problems with service on any of my phones. I will however agree that they are wayyyy overpriced. I am g-fathered in on the unlimited data plan w/ them, so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Here in Alaska they have the best network in the state.

Verizon however will be launching in late 2013-2014 once their 4G LTE network is completed. I will kick the tires w/ them. Alaska is def excited about Big Red coming in to give all the other players some serious competition

Anyways, I like ATT.
Once u upgrade your phone grandfathered no longer applies. since ull be on a new contract

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
LatinMind;4900060 said:
Once u upgrade your phone grandfathered no longer applies. since ull be on a new contract

Guess that doesnt apply to me. I have upgraded multiple new phones and nothing has ever changed. Still unlimited.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Go check out the prices of what that phone sells for on Ebay and Craigslist. You can probably sell it for 350-400 range. Just sell it and rid yourself of it and buy a S3 with that money.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4899339 said:
The problem is that this seems to be on a ton of iPhones. There are 175 pages on apples site full of people with similar problems. Some of these people replaced their phone with a new one and still had the problem. I just don't feel like dealing with all of that crap.

So your phone is having issues and the only solution you will accept is that AT&T replaces it? You have other options, why not exercise then?

The Apple store will probably take care of you, whether you keep AT&T or not.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4899316 said:
I just got off of the phone with them. I'm trying to exchange my new iPhone 5 which was received 33 days ago and apparently they reduced their 30 return policy--oops excuse me. It's called a "buyers remorse period" to 14 days. I don't feel remorse, I feel scammed. I actually found a part of their site that said 30 days for an exchange and all the women wanted was the url so they could fix it. I said no. :D

I've been having a massive amount of problems with my wifi on the phone. I actually thought it was Cablevision which always has problems so I've had them here at least 4 times the past month trying to remedy it. Apparently, tons of iPhone 5 users are having wifi issues. Sometimes it takes forever to load a simple website. Sometimes it will constantly lose connection to the network. This happens over and over once you regain the connection. I'm constantly turning wifi off just so I can browse the internet.

I want to switch to the Galaxy S3 and I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions. I've thought about contacting Apple and seeing if they will refund me for the money I've put out but that seems highly unlikely. Still may be worth a shot.

I've also thought about just selling the iPhone on ebay or amazon and then just buying a full priced galaxy s3. I have no idea how that would work though. Anyone have any experience with that?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can get a new iPhone 5 easily but why would I want a phone tons of people are having the same problem with even after receiving a new phone.

If they have 30 days on the website they have to honor it I would call them and lay into them and tell them you are going to file on them for fraud