ATT is trash...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
LatinMind;4900060 said:
Once u upgrade your phone grandfathered no longer applies. since ull be on a new contract

Unless you buy an unlocked phone or pay full price for the phone and switch the sim card

Boys122

Reaction score
LatinMind;4899343 said:
I was a ATT customer and Verizon customer. To me both are overpriced. What ive done is Ive gone the prepaid route and havent looked back since. And ive done this on ATT since they offer their 4g on prepaid while verizon offers only 3g. My sister is still on ATT contract plans and has no plans of letting go but she doesnt care bout new phones so she gives me her upgrades :). So when i use her upgrade i give her my phone. For 50 dollars i get unlimited talk and text and for another 25 i get 1 GB of data. I never use a GB in a month so it rolls over so the following month i pay 5 dollars instead of 25. Aslong as ATT offers this kind of service ill never go back to a contract again

Exactly. I've done this as well. There's no difference in the coverage either plus I get basically the same package as I would under a contract for a lot less.

Prepaid sounds lame but it saves me a ton of money.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a_minimalist;4899316 said:
I just got off of the phone with them. I'm trying to exchange my new iPhone 5 which was received 33 days ago and apparently they reduced their 30 return policy--oops excuse me. It's called a "buyers remorse period" to 14 days. I don't feel remorse, I feel scammed. I actually found a part of their site that said 30 days for an exchange and all the women wanted was the url so they could fix it. I said no. :D

I've been having a massive amount of problems with my wifi on the phone. I actually thought it was Cablevision which always has problems so I've had them here at least 4 times the past month trying to remedy it. Apparently, tons of iPhone 5 users are having wifi issues. Sometimes it takes forever to load a simple website. Sometimes it will constantly lose connection to the network. This happens over and over once you regain the connection. I'm constantly turning wifi off just so I can browse the internet.

I want to switch to the Galaxy S3 and I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions. I've thought about contacting Apple and seeing if they will refund me for the money I've put out but that seems highly unlikely. Still may be worth a shot.

I've also thought about just selling the iPhone on ebay or amazon and then just buying a full priced galaxy s3. I have no idea how that would work though. Anyone have any experience with that?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can get a new iPhone 5 easily but why would I want a phone tons of people are having the same problem with even after receiving a new phone.

I am confused...you are complaining that they moved it from a 30 day return policy to a 14 day return policy but also state that you received the phone 33 days ago which would have been past the original 30 day return policy?

Granted I have been on a lot of medication that last few days due to a nasty sinus infection but that seems to me like you were past the date no matter what and are complaining about it instead of manning up and realizing you should have went in much earlier if you were having problems.

Again...that is unless I am reading your words incorrectly.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as AT&T goes. In my neck of the woods AT&T has the best coverage. You can get great deals on new phones and so on from Sprint but chances are you will not get very good coverage at all.

So I stick with AT&T. Now with the 3G I had I never had a problem with it. Now with my new phone getting 4G...I notice it is spotty depending on where I am.

Thankfully when I am at home or at work I am on WI-FI so I don't have to worry about it much.

Oh and if you switch to Samsung G SIII...I think you will be happy, I know I am.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
TheCount;4906707 said:
So your phone is having issues and the only solution you will accept is that AT&T replaces it? You have other options, why not exercise then?

The Apple store will probably take care of you, whether you keep AT&T or not.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4322714?start=0&tstart=0

Apple can replace the phone 100x but from what I'm reading there is still the possibility of it never being fixed. I don't feel like dealing with that.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4906731 said:
If they have 30 days on the website they have to honor it I would call them and lay into them and tell them you are going to file on them for fraud

I know, problem is I am struggling to find where I saw that. It might have been the site which is designed for mobile devices but I can't find it there either which is annoying. I wish I saved the page when I originally found it.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4906842 said:
I am confused...you are complaining that they moved it from a 30 day return policy to a 14 day return policy but also state that you received the phone 33 days ago which would have been past the original 30 day return policy?

Granted I have been on a lot of medication that last few days due to a nasty sinus infection but that seems to me like you were past the date no matter what and are complaining about it instead of manning up and realizing you should have went in much earlier if you were having problems.

Again...that is unless I am reading your words incorrectly.

I'm not sure manning up has anything to do with this situation. But, I'll willingly take that jab. As a customer for 7 or a 8 years who has never missed a single payment and upgrades every two years you'd think that 3 days past the 30 day policy wouldn't be a big deal. That would assume their customer service reps were told to use common sense but instead they are told to be robots and follow everything exactly as stated in the "rules.". Also, I had no idea it had to do with the phone. I thought it was our internet service provider, Cablevision, that was causing all of the problems, as mentioned before. If I knew it was the iPhone I would have returned it immediately. I've had every single iPhone since the first and have never had a problem like this. I think it's safe to say I wasn't that off base in thinking it wasn't the phone since I have had every iPhone and never experienced any problems with them.

My complaint is that I found a part of the website, which I can't find again as sketchy as that sounds, that said they will exchange phones within 30 days. I was at 33 days. IMO, this shouldn't be an issue and should have been fixed on the spot. It's an honest mistake and it's not like I'm trying to screw them out of a new phone.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a_minimalist;4906869 said:
I'm not sure manning up has anything to do with this situation. But, I'll willingly take that jab. As a customer for 7 or a 8 years who has never missed a single payment and upgrades every two years you'd think that 3 days past the 30 day policy wouldn't be a big deal. That would assume their customer service reps were told to use common sense but instead they are told to be robots and follow everything exactly as stated in the "rules.". Also, I had no idea it had to do with the phone. I thought it was our internet service provider, Cablevision, that was causing all of the problems, as mentioned before. If I knew it was the iPhone I would have returned it immediately. I've had every single iPhone since the first and have never had a problem like this. I think it's safe to say I wasn't that off base in thinking it wasn't the phone since I have had every iPhone and never experienced any problems with them.

33 is over the 30 days.

People today always want to think the rules do not apply to them. That they are special. Gets kind of old to hear people complaining about it when they are the ones who are fault for not meeting the deadline.

Sorry...I know that is rude but it is hard to feel for someone that complains about the 30 to 14 day switch when they willingly admit they did not make the 30 day time frame to start with.

Now with my blunt and Jerk portion of my post out of the way...I would suggest you do with others have talked about.

You can go to Apple and see if they can replace it or fix the problem. If I recall correctly they had problems with the antenna initially with the Iphone 4 but corrected the problem later. So there might be a software or firmware update being worked on.

Or...

Sell it, get the money and buy a different phone (my bias suggestion is the Samsung Galaxy SIII). But I would caution you to try it first around your wifi area. See if you have a friend that has one and invite him over to see if he has trouble on your wifi.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Shunpike;4899332 said:
I think you should take it to Apple Store and have it checked out. If they find out your phone is defective, Apple might replace it at the spot. This was what happened to my friend 2 years ago when his phone had battery problem. It was out of warranty period but Apple still took ownership and changed the phone.

I am also an ATT customer and I will dump them once my 2 year is up for different reasons.

That's too bad... my wife absolutely LOVES the i5...

Make a Genius appointment and the Apple Store will fix yours or replace it on the spot. I had issues with the volume buttons on my 4S and they fixed it right then. When the problem reoccurred a few months later, they replaced it on the spot...

I tried the Galaxy S3 and ATT (Sam's) made me aware of the 14/30 policy so I was able to get mine back on time. Unfortunately you have little recourse at this point unless they decide to let you exchange.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now it seems like it is harder to get the Iphone compared to the SIII...so you might actually get enough money selling the Iphone that you can get the SIII and a little extra (case, play store card, battery etc.).

a_minimalist

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4906879 said:
33 is over the 30 days.

People today always want to think the rules do not apply to them. That they are special. Gets kind of old to hear people complaining about it when they are the ones who are fault for not meeting the deadline.

Sorry...I know that is rude but it is hard to feel for someone that complains about the 30 to 14 day switch when they willingly admit they did not make the 30 day time frame to start with.

Now with my blunt and Jerk portion of my post out of the way...I would suggest you do with others have talked about.

You can go to Apple and see if they can replace it or fix the problem. If I recall correctly they had problems with the antenna initially with the Iphone 4 but corrected the problem later. So there might be a software or firmware update being worked on.

Or...

Sell it, get the money and buy a different phone (my bias suggestion is the Samsung Galaxy SIII). But I would caution you to try it first around your wifi area. See if you have a friend that has one and invite him over to see if he has trouble on your wifi.

Sorry, but there are tons of companies that will still work with a customer if they go past their return policy and try to work something out with them. It's called good customer service. I would have gladly paid some crazy restocking fee. It's not always black and white as you're making it out to be. Wiping your hands free of a customer and saying it's your problem now doesn't exactly encourage them to purchase goods from you when they can possibly find better customer service elsewhere. It's not like I bought the phone and I'm trying to exchange it a few months later. If I hadn't found the website that showed they would exchange it up to 30 days I would think this is less of an issue since I'd be over two weeks past the exchange date(14 day return policy).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4906891 said:
Right now it seems like it is harder to get the Iphone compared to the SIII...so you might actually get enough money selling the Iphone that you can get the SIII and a little extra (case, play store card, battery etc.).

Yeah, just put it on Ebay as the new "iPhone 6" and some schmuck will pay an outrageous price for it. :muttley:

a_minimalist

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4906891 said:

I can get about $630 for the iPhone and buy an S3 for $525. I don't know how selling it would work though since it isn't unlocked.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a_minimalist;4906913 said:
I can get about $630 for the iPhone and buy an S3 for $525. I don't know how selling it would work though since it isn't unlocked.

Not sure how to go about it either. I am sure someone has had exp with this process. I would imagine someone could use an old sim card but that might depend on the provider.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4906928 said:
Not sure how to go about it either. I am sure someone has had exp with this process. I would imagine someone could use an old sim card but that might depend on the provider.

Not sure either. I'll figure it out though. I need to get a new iPhone 5 from Apple first.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Kangaroo;4906734 said:
Unless you buy an unlocked phone or pay full price for the phone and switch the sim card

Nope.

I paid 199.99 for my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a new contract of 2 years. At that time I spoke w/ the rep and he said as long as I added to my current talk plan and didn't change it say a higher minute plan, I could keep my same unlimited data plan. I got this S3 put on my current plan and I also added a little ATT Go Phone for my son. Nothing changed and I still have unlimited data for the "Todd" phone. :p: I think a lot of you guys got hosed. I do this every couple of years w/ new phones. Here is a current shot of my ATT plan showing the services.

[URL="http://home.gci.net/~t.johnson/images/att1.jpg"] [/URL]

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I switched to Tmobile my self so far no issues and I have had it work in a few places Verizon was not working out in the sticks.

Will see when we start camping again in January where my Verizon worked well in the cities but in remote places it was spotty, sometimes where only one spot worked or not at all.

I went off contract on my phones and my cell phone bill is like 68$ before taxes now for 1000 shared minutes + unlimited text on three phones and data on 1 phone. Unlimited weeknds & nights and unlimited tmobile to tmobile.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Kangaroo;4907065 said:
I switched to Tmobile my self so far no issues and I have had it work in a few places Verizon was not working out in the sticks.

Will see when we start camping again in January where my Verizon worked well in the cities but in remote places it was spotty, sometimes where only one spot worked or not at all.

I went off contract on my phones and my cell phone bill is like 68$ before taxes now for 1000 shared minutes + unlimited text on three phones and data on 1 phone. Unlimited weeknds & nights and unlimited tmobile to tmobile.

Hmm, interesting. Most people I've spoken to say the opposite, that Tmobile is in fine in cities but spotty outside.

Can you ATT people expound on what you don't like? Was almost thinking of switching to them just because I want a Lumia 920.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;4907269 said:
Hmm, interesting. Most people I've spoken to say the opposite, that Tmobile is in fine in cities but spotty outside.

Can you ATT people expound on what you don't like? Was almost thinking of switching to them just because I want a Lumia 920.

I think it depends where you are at.

Find whoever has the best overall coverage in your area and go with them.

The wife wanted to switch to sprint so we could get killer deals on new phones but everyone from our general area that had Sprint eventually switched to AT&T because sprint did not have as much coverage in our area.

I think crappy billing, service and other things are part of the equation but in the end I don't care how great the service or deals are if the coverage sucks in an area.

I have not had any trouble with AT&T in the past and just now notice that the 4G is spotty where I did not have trouble prior to 4G phone. So take that for what it is worth.

So from your own personal exp and from those in your general area...find out who seems to have the best coverage and signal strength and stick with them because after all is said and done sometimes the other guys are offering great deals in some areas to make up for other areas and you might have gotten the greatest deal on a phone but if your signal strength sucks (and you are normally away from wifi) than it is all for nothing IMO.

On a side note...when we went on vacation we were lucky enough to have AT&T and we were told it was the only provider in the US Virgin Islands and we had perfect reception and strength to call back home...which was a good thing as it turned out that was when we had that big power outage this summer and we needed to stay in contact with people back home.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4907269 said:

ATT is good but the way they handle grandfathering(unlimited plans) and now returns/exchanges I don't like. Their service is fine. I think you will always find something small between Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile. It's the little things that separate the three. That's IMO where ATT fails. So does Verizon as far as grandfathering. The way it was handled by both companies is sketchy.