Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Legend

Reaction score
A-Rod is going through a rough patch. You are comparing that to Dak's peak performance. You need to compare Rodgers' average to Dak's average. On average, Rodgers is one of the best QBs to ever play. Probably the best. Please don't put Dak in the same sentence.
This thread is not comparing Dak to AR.

It is to show that several things people complain about Dak... are similar to what other fans are complaining about their teams' elite QBs.

Asklesko

Reaction score
This thread is not comparing Dak to AR.

It is to show that several things people complain about Dak... are similar to what other fans are complaining about their teams' elite QBs.

Well yeah, of course, fans will always complain about every player, no matter how elite, if they are playing poorly, or can't play anymore.

But the point is that Dak is quite different from Rodgers. Dak is our "future," whereas Rodgers, I would think, is more the Packers' past. Are you okay with the future looking like this?

Legend

Reaction score
Well yeah, of course, fans will always complain about every player, no matter how elite, if they are playing poorly, or can't play anymore.

But the point is that Dak is quite different from Rodgers. Dak is our "future," whereas Rodgers, I would think, is more the Packers' past. Are you okay with the future looking like this?

I want a future with dominant D (safeties are upgraded), OL tweaked, and Dak has a true #1 WR...

Likewise, Cowboys can advance to a game like below where fans can compare players to determine what team they believe is better...

cowboyskid29

Reaction score

Rodgers just got resigned. There’s a good chance Dak doesn’t even get a second contract.

DiResta

Reaction score
ww.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's comparing criticisms. Reading is fundamental.

Yes, reading is fundamental. But not contextual interpretation, perspective and projection. ;)
They require a higher level of intellect than simple reading. That's where I am. :)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bologna. Romo made Laurent Robinson a wealthy man. Same with Miles Austin. Romo also didn’t face stacked box defenses... because he had no run game and he could actually throw the ball. The Dak defense is breaking down rapidly
Romo had Witten every single year. He also had Terrell Owens, Dez, franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers around him, way better coaches to develop him, etc.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I want a future with dominant D (safeties are upgraded), OL tweaked, and Dak has a true #1 WR...

Likewise, Cowboys can advance to a game like below where fans can compare players to determine what team they believe is better...

I was there, 20 rows up on about the 50 yard line behind the Cowboys bench, I've never experienced a more intense crowd at a Cowboys game. Everyone stood up the entire game which was completely abnormal as Cowboy crowds tended to be pretty tepid and got upset if you stood too long, blocking their view, not that day, everyone was delirious

it was pure joy

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Well for starters, the OP actually did kind of hint that if Rodgers played in Dallas with this group, he might not do any better than Dak. So yeah, he's made that point.

Secondly, not all criticisms are the same. So to come here and say hey, criticisms of Dak aren't really valid because Packers fans are criticizing a superstar QB is kind of a bizarre argument to make.

The original post was reaching, no doubt, but a hint isn't the same as an out and out comparison. I just try not to read things into people's posts, some don't express themselves very well and it can be misinterpreted too easily...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For the Dak haters and individuals who want the Cowboys to change QBs...

Even the great Aaron Rodgers is getting called out for:

-poor mechanics
-not seeing the field
-bad reads
-missing open targets
-sailing passes over open targets
-holding ball way too long
-turnovers... fumbles at the worst times

There is no perfect QB... Instead build a complete team with minimal weaknesses.

See below for a sample of criticism Aaron Rodgers is facing.

Missed another wide open target for TD. The Packers missed the FG.

Missed 3 wide open targets. Instead checked down to target with no chance to make a play.

Throws pass too high for a 6’7” TE

Greg Jennings calling out Aaron Rodgers

For missing open targets

“A big factor for this issue could be a lack of trust from Rodgers. Whether it’s from not trusting his wide receivers because of limited practice time or it is because he doesn’t trust what he is seeing in McCarthy’s play calling scheme, it is an area that needs to improve.”

For sailing passes and not setting his feet

“Given Rodgers’ school yard style of play at times, he doesn’t always set his feet as he throws and will throw the ball from awkward arm angles. Both of these characteristics will diminish any quarterback’s accuracy, including Aaron Rodgers.

Against the Lions this past Sunday, Rodgers had a clean pocket to throw from and had plenty of space to step forward into the throw. Despite this, he never set his feet and proceeded to overthrow his six-foot-seven tight end Jimmy Graham, for what should have been an easy touchdown pass.”

Rodgers going off-script

“What makes Aaron Rodgers so special is his ability to create when a play is broken down. This often leads to Rodgers making some sort of spectacular play. While this is a key part to his game and has given the Packers a lot of success, it is Rodgers’ weakness as well.

It is not uncommon for Rodgers to pass up an easy completion to an open receiver because he doesn’t like what he sees or because he thinks there is a bigger play potentially developing down the field.”

A fan’s comment

“Article is correct. Rodgers is not seeing the field at all and his reads. He's holding the ball way too long. Dump it or have a safety valve, not all receivers in one spot down the fiels; live for another play and NO FUMBLES for christ sake. Rodgers deserves as much blame as do the others on the same capers, I mean pertine defense! High drafts on defense, no pass rush again this year, and wide open, OPEN receivers. Why do our receivers struggle to get separation when no names from other teams do? Simple: MM non schemes”.

Aaron Rodgers has a track record that far exceeds Dak Prescott's. Otherwise, they're exactly the same.

conner01

Reaction score
You're comparing Dak Prescott, a third-year quarterback who has struggled with accuracy and loss his only playoff game, with Aaron Rodgers, a proven veteran who has won a Super Bowl, is considered one of the best quarterbacks ever but may be on the downside of an illustrious career?
You're actually comparing Dak's inaccuracy with Rodger's inaccuracy? :huh:
It is amazing