Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
yes...except that Dak has about a 40+ td lead and ROY lead on Aaron rodgers who didnt start his first game until his 4th year...

I have pointed out numerous times the folly of comparing third year Dak to 10th year Romo, as too many here do, but thanks for acknowledging you either didn't read those posts or chose to ignore them.

But for anyone to come on right now and suggest Dak is as good/as bad as Aaron Rodgers TODAY is absurd, which was the point of my post that you obviously failed to comprehend.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL.

I am curious.

Is there a point in time when you will be able to criticize Dak or will you make excuses for him forever?
He need to have at least 1 weapon in the passing game before i relent. I mean seriously..it is a joke at this point.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well at least we got you to admit it wasn't a good throw.

I'll throw you a bone.

If we fire Garrett and they bring in a new coach that thinks he can salvage Dak, I'll give that coach the leeway. I most definitely would not give Dak an extension until he performed under that new coach however.

And that's really the dilemma at this point. Next year is his contract year. You willing to sign Dak to a big extension soon to make him the franchise QB for the next 4-6 years?
I think we need to bring in a new staff to see what we have with dak first. Bringing in a top QB wont matter with this staff. No i'm not willing to sign dak to a big extension and I felt the same way about Romo.

erod

Reaction score
He need to have at least 1 weapon in the passing game before i relent. I mean seriously..it is a joke at this point.

They are wide open. Go look at the all-22.

And real NFL quarterbacks don't even need wide open. They need one step.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
People need to quit making excuses for pet players. I love Dak but he sucks irregardless of play calling, offensive line, or weapons. His play alone needs to improve considerably even if nothing else changes.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think we need to bring in a new staff to see what we have with dak first. Bringing in a top QB wont matter with this staff. No i'm not willing to sign dak to a big extension and I felt the same way about Romo.

Agreed about the staff. My feeling is get a new staff and let them pick their QB.

Unfortunately, we'll probably get the Garrett + Dak combo again in 2019 unless this season really goes off the rails.

Another fear is that they get rid of Garrett but then the Jones' screw up the hiring process by trying to force Dak on some quality coaches that simply don't believe he's the future franchise QB.

pansophy

Reaction score
Letting you all know that if the Cowboys get an elite QB... do not expect what you are criticizing Dak for...will all of the sudden go away...

Good luck with hoping a high #1 QB in the draft can become elite instead of a bust.

Aaron Rodgers looked terrible at times against the Lions... and made worse throws than Dak.

I.e., do not put all of your eggs in one basket.

Diversify by getting Dak some help or weapons... so the blame can be shared and not just on the QB.
Frankly if Dak supporters stopped trying to compare him to people like Brady, Brees, and Rodgers the conversations would go much easier.

Dak doesn't have to be elite btw, he just has to be able to throw an average ball to the outside 10-20 yards down field. He does that and things loosen up. Right now he is more in the zone of RGIII and Tebow. They had their supporters too, but you can only last so long as a QB that can't make basic NFL throws.

Legend

Reaction score
How can you say wentz is a good qb when he stat padded all year against the easiest schedule in the nfl. Then his team was so talented little **** nick foles won them a SB. lmao
Watching the game last night brought up something.

Some put most of the blame on the Cowboys' mediocre play on Dak. Others mention the "trash" receivers as having most of the blame. And of course just about everybody mentions the poor coaching.

But no doubt ODB is an excellent receiver, and it appears Barkley is an excellent runner. But Eli, even having those players, has "led" his team to a 1-5 record.

Dak has a running back that is, from what we've seen, a runner equal to Barkley (based on rookie years). No ODB-type receiver, of course.

Is Eli - a 2 time SB winner, all of a sudden a mediocre quarterback? Last night there were several mentions about his doing what Dak (coaches) are criticized for, i.e. not throwing downfiled. Probably some of that is arm strength, Eli was never a "rifle arm" quarterback. But all of it?

In Eli's 2 SB winning years his completion %age was 56.1 and 61.0. Dak's has been no less than this year's 61.8, better than Eli's best SB winning year. Eli's 2007 SB win had his ypa at 6.3, Dak's is 6.8 this year, according to some "horrible".

Now before someone jumps to conclusions, this is not a "defend Dak" post, it's pretty clear many have already thrown Dak on the trash heap, some think Dak's all right, and some lime me are saying that the jury's still out on Dak. Most have already made up their mind, and I'm not here to attempt to change that.

What I am saying with the above is that if Dak stays as the starting quarterback, it's not automatically "doom and gloom" for the Cowboys' future, if Eli can win SBs with a 56.1% and 6.3 ypa, with an improved defense and some luck, it's not impossible for Dak to do the same.

Gotta have something to "hang my hat" on, if Dak is kept around...
The Cowboys just have to put some WR/TE talent around Dak and tweak OL... to see what he can do.

I cannot remember when and if elite QBs like Montana, Aikman, Young, Favre, P. Manning, Elway, Brady, etcetera... did not have WR and/or TE talent around them.

Likewise, people cannot expect Dak who currently is not an elite QB... to be successful or to maximize his potential with mediocre WR/TE around him.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
People need to quit making excuses for pet players. I love Dak but he sucks irregardless of play calling, offensive line, or weapons. His play alone needs to improve considerably even if nothing else changes.
THIS IS RIGHT ON

Sydla

Reaction score
They are wide open. Go look at the all-22.

And real NFL quarterbacks don't even need wide open. They need one step.

The reality is that it's a little bit of everything. Dak has not played well. The WRs are limited WRs. The playcalling is fairly primitive in the passing game. We've now seen numerous examples and analyses showing all of this.

But people have long dug in on their perspective that they simply won't face the realities of this offense.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The reality is that it's a little bit of everything. Dak has not played well. The WRs are limited WRs. The playcalling is fairly primitive in the passing game. We've now seen numerous examples and analyses showing all of this.

But people have long dug in on their perspective that they simply won't face the realities of this offense.
I don't think anyone here will say dak is elite. But there is more wrong with this team than dak. And if you bring in a great qb this passing game will still be ****.

waving monkey

Reaction score
You're comparing Dak Prescott, a third-year quarterback who has struggled with accuracy and loss his only playoff game, with Aaron Rodgers, a proven veteran who has won a Super Bowl, is considered one of the best quarterbacks ever but may be on the downside of an illustrious career?
You're actually comparing Dak's inaccuracy with Rodger's inaccuracy? :huh:
difference between comparing and showing that even the greats get called out for .......

eromeopolk

Reaction score
OK we have lost our minds. Aaron Rodgers is a much better thrower passer than Dak at every stage of his career. Aaron Rodgers is a Super Bowl winning, pro bowl making, NFL MVP, and he's a baaaaaaaaad Man :)

Dak is a passer runner and has no no.1 WR, no.1 TE, and OL is inconsistent (sub standard play). That is Dak's problem. When you have those types of problems you get gun shy not to have turnovers. When he lets it go trusting they receiver they pop the ball off their hands for an interception. If you gave Dak Dez, Witten, and Fredrick, healthy Smith, and a bigger Williams, Dak would do just what he did in 2016. Go to Greenbay and beat the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Especially with this defense.

Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and Jason Garrett have failed this team. That's the truth Judge Ruth.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here will say dak is elite. But there is more wrong with this team than dak. And if you bring in a great qb this passing game will still be ****.

Of course there is more wrong with this team than Dak. I think other than some of the fringers who just think it's all Dak, most criticizing Dak's play admit there are other problems here beyond just Dak.

But again, you do yourself no favors when you say bring in a great QB and this passing game will still be bad. Whether you want to admit it or not, that's basically comparing Dak to the better QBs in the league and just suggesting that if Dak had what Brees had, he'd be playing like Brees.

I can say with 100% certainty that if you dropped Aaron Rodgers under center here or Tom Brady or Drew Brees or even a guy like Phillip Rivers or Russell Wilson, the passing game would be better. The offense would be better. I think it's preposterous to argue otherwise as some have.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
roflmao, Dak is as good as Rodgers and Wentz. Put panic boy behind the giants or washington's offensive line. smh man this is pitiful.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Of course there is more wrong with this team than Dak. I think other than some of the fringers who just think it's all Dak, most criticizing Dak's play admit there are other problems here beyond just Dak.

But again, you do yourself no favors when you say bring in a great QB and this passing game will still be bad. Whether you want to admit it or not, that's basically comparing Dak to the better QBs in the league and just suggesting that if Dak had what Brees had, he'd be playing like Brees.

I can say with 100% certainty that if you dropped Aaron Rodgers under center here or Tom Brady or Drew Brees or even a guy like Phillip Rivers or Russell Wilson, the passing game would be better. The offense would be better. I think it's preposterous to argue otherwise as some have.
I meant a better young qb like if we drafted one. I'm not gonna compare a 3rd year qb to guys close to 10 years+

Legend

Reaction score
roflmao, Dak is as good as Rodgers and Wentz. Put panic boy behind the giants or washington's offensive line. smh man this is pitiful.

Wentz may be better than Dak...

If so, Dak needs better (and not worse) WRs/TEs than what the Eagles have.