Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He had Witten, Dez, Williams, and Beasley and Butler. The all just forgot how to play as receivers, so we replaced them and we are still have the issues. What is the common denominator in both situations? The offensive line is still good to at the worst average. Is the issue more a problem with the qb getting tunnel vision and not being able to see the receivers? The real question is how much do we spend on offensive to make a questionable qb serviceable.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because better and elite QBs like Montana, Aikman, Young, Favre, P. Manning, Brady, etc needed elite talent around them as well.

Look at video below to see some of that talent.

It's like you painfully ignore how silly these analogies are.

Yes, Montana and Brady and Young and Manning needed talent around them to win a SB. It's a team game. But...............

MONTANA AND BRADY AND YOUNG AND MANNING WERE ELITE QBS BEFORE YOU EVEN GAVE THEM A GOOD TEAM AROUND THEM.

How in the world are you continually missing this point?

Sydla

Reaction score
Fans in the 90’s used to say Barry Sanders would have won more SBs and rushed for 2K-3K yards each year behind the Cowboys OL to try to diminish Emmitt’s accomplishments.

That is sort of similar to you all stating elite QBs will have more success with the current Cowboys by replacing Dak.

Other fans like me are stating not necessarily because collectively the current Cowboys are a bad team with several weaknesses.

Sanders may have won a SB if he had a better OL or QB.

But Sanders was an elite RB. He was an elite RB playing on a bad team with a suspect OL. And yet he still showed he was an elite TB. In other words, like most other elite players he showed a skill set and performed despite what was around him.

This is why your continual attempts to equate Dak's situation to Montana's or Dirk's or Sanders' is idiotic. I can't tell if you are just obtuse or are now just trolling.

Sydla

Reaction score
In the NBA there are 5 players from one team on the floor at times... and 1 player like a Michael Jordan can impact the game both on offense and defense.

In the NFL... you need different playmakers on both offense and defense. An elite QB alone cannot win championships.

Then why did you even mention Dirk to begin with if you are now going to argue that the sports aren't the same?

You are literally just making yourself look silly at this point. You get one of your points ripped apart and then you change directions and undermine your own point eventually. It's weird.

Legend

Reaction score

Yes, Montana and Brady and Young and Manning needed talent around them to win a SB. It's a team game. But...............

MONTANA AND BRADY AND YOUNG AND MANNING WERE ELITE QBS BEFORE YOU EVEN GAVE THEM A GOOD TEAM AROUND THEM.

Because the Cowboys offense can be among the best in the league if the OL is tweaked and WRs/TE upgraded. An elite QB is not necessary.

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys had the #1 Defense in the NFL. Yet, none of them made the Pro Bowl that year.

Only 1 player from that D (Charles Haley) I believe is in the HOF.

The key is build around what you have... instead of whining that the Cowboys lack an elite QB.

Legend

Reaction score
Then why did you even mention Dirk to begin with if you are now going to argue that the sports aren't the same?

You are literally just making yourself look silly at this point. You get one of your points ripped apart and then you change directions and undermine your own point eventually. It's weird.
The reasoning is both sports are a team sport.

So the goal is to minimize your team’s weaknesses with complementary players instead of whining that other teams have better position players.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Brady is the product behind the best coach that will ever coach in this league.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys offense can be among the best in the league if the OL is tweaked and WRs/TE upgraded. An elite QB is not necessarily.

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys had the #1 Defense in the NFL. Yet, none of them made the Pro Bowl that year.

Only 1 player from that D (Charles Haley) I believe is in the HOF.

The key is build around what you have... instead of whining that the Cowboys lack an elite QB.

You are right, it's better to whine about all the other players around a QB that you even admitted probably isn't all that great. Holy crap, dude.

Also, don't bring up Montana and Brady and others because they have zero correlation to this discussion. You just make yourself look foolish when you keep referencing all these great players, even in other sports, that had good teams around them.

Legend

Reaction score
You are right, it's better to whine about all the other players around a QB that you even admitted probably isn't all that great. Holy crap, dude.

Also, don't bring up Montana and Brady and others because they have zero correlation to this discussion. You just make yourself look foolish when you keep referencing all these great players, even in other sports, that had good teams around them.
If you upgrade Dak’s talent he will move up the QB rankings.

He will look closer to “elite” than he looks now. And that is scary for fans like you.

Sydla

Reaction score
The reasoning is both sports are a team sport.

So the goal is to minimize your team’s weaknesses with complementary players instead of whining that other teams have better position players.

But the examples you are giving are of teams that had a GREAT PLAYER that then was given good complementary players.

Dak isn't a great player. He might not even be a good player.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you upgrade Dak’s talent he will move up the QB rankings.

He will look closer to “elite” than he looks now. And that is scary for fans like you.

So he will go from being one of the worst ranked QBs right now to middle of the pack?

Your last comment is idiotic. Why in the world would I be scared for the QB of my team to play close to an elite level?

I am not scared of Dak being really good. I am scared that Dak actually is closer to the QB we see now than the one you think he'd magically turn into if you got better players around him and this franchise will make a mistake and hitch the next 4-6 years to that kind of QB.

Legend

Reaction score

Montana and Brady had talent around them and they are better QBs.

So if you believe championships are more important than individual ratings and stats... why not upgrade Dak’s talent? That is easier than finding an elite QB like Montana and Brady.

Legend

Reaction score
So he will go from being one of the worst ranked QBs right now to middle of the pack?

Your last comment is idiotic. Why in the world would I be scared for the QB of my team to play close to an elite level?

I am not scared of Dak being really good. I am scared that Dak actually is closer to the QB we see now than the one you think he'd magically turn into if you got better players around him.
He would return closer to 2016 form which was not one of the worst ranked QBs.

If that 2016 team had a better D or secondary... they may have experienced more playoff success.

Sydla

Reaction score
Montana and Brady had talent around them and they are better QBs.

So if you believe championships are important than individual ratings and stats... why not upgrade Dak’s talent? That is easier than finding an elite QB like Montana and Brady.

If you believe championships are important than why not also try to get a much better QB?

Sydla

Reaction score
He would return closer to 2016 form which was not one of the worst ranked QBs.

If that 2016 team had a better D or secondary... they may have experienced more playoff success.

If this team had a better QB, they probably would make the playoffs this year, especially in this weak division.

We can do this all day if you want.

Legend

Reaction score
If this team had a better QB, they probably would make the playoffs this year, especially in this week division.

We can do this all day if you want.

No they wont because the safeties and receiving core are atrocious.

The Vikings fans thought they will contend this year with a better QB (Cousins).. As you can see, nothing is guaranteed in the Not For Long (NFL).

So let’s strengthen the offense and defense talent around Dak.

And if Dak cannot get it done, it would be easier to attract a better QB to come to Dallas via free agency or trade.

I do not want to surround an elite QB with crappy WRs and TEs and a D that cannot slow down the pass.

Sydla

Reaction score
No they wont because the safeties and receiving core are atrocious.

The Vikings fans thought they will contend this year with a better QB (Cousins).. As you can see, nothing is guaranteed in the Not For Long (NFL).

So let’s strengthen the offense and defense talent around Dak.

And if Dak cannot get it done, it would be easier to attract a better QB to come to Dallas via free agency or trade.

I do not want to surround an elite QB with crappy WRs and TEs and a D that cannot slow down the pass.

They made the playoffs (shoot won 12 and 13 games) with a defense worse than this one.

There isn't a shred of doubt that with a better QB this would be a better team. A SB winning team? Of course not. But I have never argued that it's only Dak holding this team back. It's a combination of things, which includes the QB.