Available upgrades to Alfred Morris?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
People were freaking out over Chargers backfield then their two guys go out and have a great game. I’m wanting to see Pollard and Webber against the 49ers see what they got before making any moves. Never know Terrell Davis might be sitting back there. If the young guys have a great game EE and his agent are going to be sick.

Johnny23

Reaction score
@xwalker Tevin Coleman's Kyle Shannahan's guy. He is not going anywhere. Mickinnon is most likely the odd man out in San Francisco and he's probably going on it because he hasn't recovered well from his ACL surgery from last year.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
"What If" the Cowboys did want to add a better veteran option at RB than Morris?

Maybe a trade (4th to 7th round pick type trade).

Maybe a veteran starter that's become too expensive backup as a backup.

Who is Available?

Some Possibilities:

Niners (Seem to have too much money in RBs):
Matt Breida - Their young starter in 2018.
Jerick McKinnon - Signed a 4 year, 30M deal in 2018 but missed the season with an injury.
Tevin Coleman - 14 game starter for Falcons in 2018. Costs 3.25M in 2019.
Raheem Mostert - Minimal stats but they just gave him a contract averaging 2.9M.

Raiders (drafted Josh Jacobs in the 1st):
Doug Martin - Only 900K salary plus 1M in potential bonuses.
Jalen Richard - Tendered at 3.1M for 2019.
Isaiah Crowell - On IR. 1.25M cap hit.

Bills (drafted Devin Singletary in the 3rd)
LeSean McCoy - 9M cap hit at age 31.

Rams (Gurley + Darrell Henderson in the 3rd this year):
Malcolm Brown - Went to IR last season with a broken bone.
I get what your doing but for me the only trade I want to see is for the S from the Raiders and that would be Joseph. He should be the only target for a needy safety team.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I feel like Jerick McKinnon is extremely overrated. Never impressed me as a player.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
People were freaking out over Chargers backfield then their two guys go out and have a great game. I’m wanting to see Pollard and Webber against the 49ers see what they got before making any moves. Never know Terrell Davis might be sitting back there. If the young guys have a great game EE and his agent are going to be sick.

Assuming the Zeke holdout lasts longer than expected, the team needs one of these young guys to emerge. Morris at this stage of his career is only slightly better than what we got from Eddie George during the Parcells era. They're fooling themselves if they believe Morris can hold down the fort. Great guy but please....

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
A similar thought. What veteran qb is available to back up Dak. Our current back ups are not tested and thereby not dependable. I will never forget the weak back ups when Romo had an injury. I thought our FO swore to never get caught with their pants down again. But here we are.

They are butt naked!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
A journeyman veteran is not likely to be a big improvement, especially this late in the offseason with no camp time in the scheme.

For every 1 Nick Foles there are a dozen Matt Cassel types.

Outside of our QB coach now and Rodney Peete and of course D. White backing Roger, who else has been a good backup for us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not certain of his physical status.

He was cleared by his Doctor, but his ability to play seems to be unknown at this point.

One way to find out. Bring him in for a look.

I'm not sure which of the other backs have had three 200-yard rushing games and won a Super Bowl.

Sammy

Reaction score
I'm not certain of his physical status.

He was cleared by his Doctor, but his ability to play seems to be unknown at this point.

He's keeping in shape. I can post one twitter, but I think the other is banned but you can go to his twit account and see just how in shape he is just one or two posts down.