Available upgrades to Alfred Morris?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Man did he ever throw an ugly football! But that thing got there somehow.
Yeah, that dude looked like he had two left feet when he played but he got the job done. Just an example that arm strength or a pretty looking pass aren't the be all end all when it comes to QB play. Joe Montana didn't rock a cannon for an arm, either. Leadership and making plays when it matters is vastly underrated.

And Bernie was no flash in the pan, either. He played for a long time and at a damned respectable level.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"What If" the Cowboys did want to add a better veteran option at RB than Morris?

Maybe a trade (4th to 7th round pick type trade).

Maybe a veteran starter that's become too expensive backup as a backup.

Who is Available?

Some Possibilities:

Niners (Seem to have too much money in RBs):
Matt Breida - Their young starter in 2018.
Jerick McKinnon - Signed a 4 year, 30M deal in 2018 but missed the season with an injury.
Tevin Coleman - 14 game starter for Falcons in 2018. Costs 3.25M in 2019.
Raheem Mostert - Minimal stats but they just gave him a contract averaging 2.9M.

Raiders (drafted Josh Jacobs in the 1st):
Doug Martin - Only 900K salary plus 1M in potential bonuses.
Jalen Richard - Tendered at 3.1M for 2019.
Isaiah Crowell - On IR. 1.25M cap hit.

Bills (drafted Devin Singletary in the 3rd)
LeSean McCoy - 9M cap hit at age 31.

Rams (Gurley + Darrell Henderson in the 3rd this year):
Malcolm Brown - Went to IR last season with a broken bone.

Trade a 6th rounder for Kareem Hunt.

Reactions: CWR

McKDaddy

Reaction score
it won't happen but Latavius Murray would probably be ideal from a cost benefit perspective. I have faith that what we have can get the job done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Browns just traded away Duke Johnson...

Duke is a 3rd down guy. Hunt and Pollard together would be all we would need in the run game. We could save 14 million on Zeke and probably not miss him at all. That would at least get us to next offseason where we could address the situation. It would also send a big time message to Zeke. Pollard and Morris arent phasing him.

Reactions: CWR

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You are welcome to stay completely unaware of who does what with regards to CowboysZone.

I love these types of posts by people that think they know something but in reality have minimal knowledge.

You don't even have the ability to understand a very simple concept.

I'm as far to the opposite end of the spectrum as it gets from "The Sky is Falling" types but you have such minimal knowledge that you just keep repeating some generic concept because you have no actual insight to offer.

As I've said several times now, my insight is playing off season "what if" games after camp has opened up is one type of foolishness. Another type of foolishness is even asking for input on other RB's when none of the backs in camp have run a single down with the rest of the starting offense against another team's starting defense and by requesting this type of foolishness you're implying that all of the backs in camp are incapable of doing the job even though none have been given the chance of playing with and against starters. For someone that keeps saying I know nothing you sure have a hard time grasping the simplest of concepts. And you question my knowledge? Look in the mirror.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duke is a 3rd down guy. Hunt and Pollard together would be all we would need in the run game. We could save 14 million on Zeke and probably not miss him at all. That would at least get us to next offseason where we could address the situation. It would also send a big time message to Zeke. Pollard and Morris arent phasing him.
The point is that the Browns probably don't want to trade him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I've said several times now, my insight is playing off season "what if" games after camp has opened up is one type of foolishness. Another type of foolishness is even asking for input on other RB's when none of the backs in camp have run a single down with the rest of the starting offense against another team's starting defense and by requesting this type of foolishness you're implying that all of the backs in camp are incapable of doing the job even though none have been given the chance of playing with and against starters. For someone that keeps saying I know nothing you sure have a hard time grasping the simplest of concepts. And you question my knowledge? Look in the mirror.
Get a clue.

Nobody at CZ is interested in your babble.

Go back under the bridge...

CWR

Reaction score
:facepalm:

The Browns are counting the days until Hunt is eligible to play. They're not trading him for a 6th.

Chubb is the man there, Hunt will back him up. The Browns aren't sweating it, but it will take more than a 6th.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Chubb is the man there, Hunt will back him up. The Browns aren't sweating it, but it will take more than a 6th.

I don't know what part of Ohio you live in, but they absolutely have a role planned for Hunt. Their biggest concern for now is what if Chubb gets hurt during Hunt's suspension.

They're not trading Hunt.

CWR

Reaction score
I don't know what part of Ohio you live in, but they absolutely have a role planned for Hunt. Their biggest concern for now is what if Chubb gets hurt during Hunt's suspension.

Yes he has a role as a back up. That doesn't mean he won't get playing time. It means Chubb is the man.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Any talk of Hunt being traded is a waste of time. Firstly, the player still has the stink of DV on him. Secondly, the Browns didn't take the PR hit they did for signing him to just give the guy away now.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jay ajayi
22aixp.jpg