Available upgrades to Alfred Morris?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
"What If" the Cowboys did want to add a better veteran option at RB than Morris?

Maybe a trade (4th to 7th round pick type trade).

Maybe a veteran starter that's become too expensive backup as a backup.

Who is Available?

Some Possibilities:

Niners (Seem to have too much money in RBs):
Matt Breida - Their young starter in 2018.
Jerick McKinnon - Signed a 4 year, 30M deal in 2018 but missed the season with an injury.
Tevin Coleman - 14 game starter for Falcons in 2018. Costs 3.25M in 2019.
Raheem Mostert - Minimal stats but they just gave him a contract averaging 2.9M.

Raiders (drafted Josh Jacobs in the 1st):
Doug Martin - Only 900K salary plus 1M in potential bonuses.
Jalen Richard - Tendered at 3.1M for 2019.
Isaiah Crowell - On IR. 1.25M cap hit.

Bills (drafted Devin Singletary in the 3rd)
LeSean McCoy - 9M cap hit at age 31.

Rams (Gurley + Darrell Henderson in the 3rd this year):
Malcolm Brown - Went to IR last season with a broken bone.

People need to take the word trade out of their vocabulary. If the Cowboys did all of the trades suggested by users either the roster would be unrecognizable or the Cowboys would have no draft picks for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Trading for anyone now is shear foolishness. WE, meaning both us fans or the coaches have not seen ANY of the starters or any of the RB's in camp play a single snap against another team's starting defense. It's pretty foolish crying the sky is falling now.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lets see the article.

Lol.

As you as you provide one that claims he's not.
The Shanahan connection should tell you all you need to know.
I'd say his contract as well, but I'm not sure what it is.

I like Brieda too. High effort quality and he can make plays.
Coleman is jusr better.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People need to take the word trade out of their vocabulary. If the Cowboys did all of the trades suggested by users either the roster would be unrecognizable or the Cowboys would have no draft picks for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Trading for anyone now is shear foolishness. WE, meaning both us fans or the coaches have not seen ANY of the starters or any of the RB's in camp play a single snap against another team's starting defense. It's pretty foolish crying the sky is falling now.

The thread was "what if" they wanted to trade for a RB. It was NOT "they should" trade for a RB.

Maybe if you actually paid attention to what others post instead of rambling to hear yourself, you would know which posters are likely crying that the sky is falling and which ones are NOT crying.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@xwalker Tevin Coleman's Kyle Shannahan's guy. He is not going anywhere. Mickinnon is most likely the odd man out in San Francisco and he's probably going on it because he hasn't recovered well from his ACL surgery from last year.
Thanks. This is the type of info I was seeking when I created the thread.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
"What If" the Cowboys did want to add a better veteran option at RB than Morris?

Maybe a trade (4th to 7th round pick type trade).

Maybe a veteran starter that's become too expensive backup as a backup.

Who is Available?

Some Possibilities:

Niners (Seem to have too much money in RBs):
Matt Breida - Their young starter in 2018.
Jerick McKinnon - Signed a 4 year, 30M deal in 2018 but missed the season with an injury.
Tevin Coleman - 14 game starter for Falcons in 2018. Costs 3.25M in 2019.
Raheem Mostert - Minimal stats but they just gave him a contract averaging 2.9M.

Raiders (drafted Josh Jacobs in the 1st):
Doug Martin - Only 900K salary plus 1M in potential bonuses.
Jalen Richard - Tendered at 3.1M for 2019.
Isaiah Crowell - On IR. 1.25M cap hit.

Bills (drafted Devin Singletary in the 3rd)
LeSean McCoy - 9M cap hit at age 31.

Rams (Gurley + Darrell Henderson in the 3rd this year):
Malcolm Brown - Went to IR last season with a broken bone.

AP if he gets cut?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Lol.

As you as you provide one that claims he's not.
The Shanahan connection should tell you all you need to know.
I'd say his contract as well, but I'm not sure what it is.

I like Brieda too. High effort quality and he can make plays.
Coleman is jusr better.
They signed McKinnon to 4 years 30 Mil last offseason, Tevin got 10. I didnt say it was impossible for Coleman to start, I said Shanahan hasnt said who the starter is yet.

Dont worry Ill save you the time, you wont find a quote of Kyle pegging a starting RB.

RoboQB

Reaction score
They signed McKinnon to 4 years 30 Mil last offseason, Tevin got 10. I didnt say it was impossible for Coleman to start, I said Shanahan hasnt said who the starter is yet.

Dont worry Ill save you the time, you wont find a quote of Kyle pegging a starting RB.

I appreciate that, buddy... lol.

It is a peculiar signing, for sure.
I wonder what the penalty is for dropping McKinnon.
I think he's the one fighting for PT with Brieda.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The thread was "what if" they wanted to trade for a RB. It was NOT "they should" trade for a RB.

Maybe if you actually paid attention to what others post instead of rambling to hear yourself, you would know which posters are likely crying that the sky is falling and which ones are NOT crying.

Since you started this thread you should have known that the heading of this thread is "
Available upgrades to Alfred Morris?"

Regardless of whether you're playing "what if", way to many of the users here automatically first go to some kind of trade and as I've said before if the Cowboys did all of the trades that users here suggest the Cowboys roster would be unrecognizable or the Cowboys would be without draft picks for then next 2 or 3 season. But this is what happens when users think they're as smart as real GM's and they have everything all figured out.

As far as who thinks the sky is falling, starting this thread before any of the backs in camp ran with the starters against another teams starting defense is all the proof anyone needs that some here think the sky is falling.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since you started this thread you should have known that the heading of this thread is "
Available upgrades to Alfred Morris?"

Regardless of whether you're playing "what if", way to many of the users here automatically first go to some kind of trade and as I've said before if the Cowboys did all of the trades that users here suggest the Cowboys roster would be unrecognizable or the Cowboys would be without draft picks for then next 2 or 3 season. But this is what happens when users think they're as smart as real GM's and they have everything all figured out.

As far as who thinks the sky is falling, starting this thread before any of the backs in camp ran with the starters against another teams starting defense is all the proof anyone needs that some here think the sky is falling.

If you had an ounce of awareness you would understand why you're completely off base; however, you just enjoy yammering as if anyone cares about your opinion.

The thread was a request for information; however, only a few people provided any.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you had an ounce of awareness you would understand why you're completely off base; however, you just enjoy yammering as if anyone cares about your opinion.

The thread was a request for information; however, only a few people provided any.

How ever you want spin your thread it's obvious that you were looking for all the wannabe GM's to come up with some RB's in the event Elliott's hold out goes into the season. The norm 1st go to cure for many of the users here is doing some kind of trade. And again to even start this thread before any of the RB's on the roster runs with the starting unit against another team's starting defense is saying the sky is falling and if Elliott isn't here we have to have different backs. This is the type of foolishness that happens in the off season when nothing is happening but camp has started and it's no longer the off season. But if you want to huddle with all of the wannabe GM's and come with all of your grand ways to solve all the Cowboys problems go ahead.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How ever you want spin your thread it's obvious that you were looking for all the wannabe GM's to come up with some RB's in the event Elliott's hold out goes into the season. The norm 1st go to cure for many of the users here is doing some kind of trade. And again to even start this thread before any of the RB's on the roster runs with the starting unit against another team's starting defense is saying the sky is falling and if Elliott isn't here we have to have different backs. This is the type of foolishness that happens in the off season when nothing is happening but camp has started and it's no longer the off season. But if you want to huddle with all of the wannabe GM's and come with all of your grand ways to solve all the Cowboys problems go ahead.
You are welcome to stay completely unaware of who does what with regards to CowboysZone.

I love these types of posts by people that think they know something but in reality have minimal knowledge.

You don't even have the ability to understand a very simple concept.

I'm as far to the opposite end of the spectrum as it gets from "The Sky is Falling" types but you have such minimal knowledge that you just keep repeating some generic concept because you have no actual insight to offer.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think they have no intentions on keeping Morris. I think Jackson will be our starter week one. With Pollard and Weber as backups. Morris is just a security blanket. He is here incase one of our backs suffers an injury before the season.

Chunn hits the practice squad.
Props to going out on a limb.
Aw! You're nuts!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You are welcome to stay completely unaware of who does what with regards to CowboysZone.

I love these types of posts by people that think they know something but in reality have minimal knowledge.

You don't even have the ability to understand a very simple concept.

I'm as far to the opposite end of the spectrum as it gets from "The Sky is Falling" types but you have such minimal knowledge that you just keep repeating some generic concept because you have no actual insight to offer.
That's an arrogant dismissive thing to say about fans.
Who are you, Ara Parseghian?