Avengers - Infinity Wars

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[Bold] Please do not mention that issue. It and the issues associated with it are one of a few gems from my comic book collection. One of the best stories ever told, inside and outside comic books. Just thinking about that issue and the Dark Phoenix saga puts knots in my stomach knowing FOX will do the story justice when they release the movie based on it this February...

...or massacre it. There is no gray area for me. FOX has an opportunity of making a classic blockbuster film. I think they have the cast for it. I think they have the right actress for Jean in Sophie Turner (and a natural redhead to boot). The supporting cast is solid, although I do not know what the plan is for Wolverine with Jackman bowing out. I would hope and pray they allowed the director of X-Men: First Class, Matthew Vaughn, to direct the film.

Marvel/Disney has done a fantastic job presenting the cosmic element to movie audiences, which would only help DP. Somehow adding the Shi'ar into the plot would hit a home run for me. There is just so much that could go right for the movie but I have a sick feeling the opposite will happen instead.

Sorry for the rant. :) And now.

Normally I would agree with the soap opera "I'm dead. No I am not. Syke!" angle but I think the inclusion of the Infinity Stones (especially the Reality Stone) in the story allows for leeway here. After all, the stones make anything literally possible.

I'm expecting the upcoming Dark Phoenix film to be another disappointment. The sooner Marvel gets these characters back, the better.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:omg:Photos?
:dance:
My luck it'll be Ranch in a hot tub w/ a cocktail. Can't undo that .
:lmao:
Sorry no pics, left my phone in the car. I did however take this vid of Ranchy a few weeks ago. :lmao2:
tenor.gif

@Ranching

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Wish silver surfer was in it. Man I loved reading the infinity gauntlet comics, secret wars, etc.
also wish they had the Shiar Imperial Guard show up some how.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I would say there has been a wealth of good Marvel villains brought to the screen. Ultron. Hela..Ego. Vulture. The Winter Soldier or Andrew Pierce (my opinion switches back and forth between the two/sue me :p ) etc., but Thanos and Loki are head and shoulders above the rest imo.

Ugh to the bolded (and Hela was disappointing as well). Not a fan.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wish silver surfer was in it. Man I loved reading the infinity gauntlet comics, secret wars, etc.
also wish they had the Shiar Imperial Guard show up some how.
Funny thing. As much as I thought Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was off the mark, I did enjoy how the film presented the Silver Surfer character and the associated CGI.

I thought by now we would have seen more of the Kree than what has been shown thus far in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and Agents of Shield television series. I guess they may be seen more in March's Captain Marvel. FOX could steal Disney's thunder by beating them to the punch and throw the Shi'ar on the big screen first but like @stasheroo alluded to earlier, I doubt the managerial forces at FOX have that much creative ingenuity.

Now that I think of it... FOX had an opportunity to showcase another galactic alien empire besides the Shi'ar or Kree with the first Fantastic Four franchise. Of course, the Skrulls may not have even been considered before FOX ended the original FF films with that monstrously stupid Galactus space cloud. :rolleyes:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny thing. As much as I thought Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was off the mark, I did enjoy how the film presented the Silver Surfer character and the associated CGI.

I thought by now we would have seen more of the Kree than what has been shown thus far in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and Agents of Shield television series. I guess they may be seen more in March's Captain Marvel. FOX could steal Disney's thunder by beating them to the punch and throw the Shi'ar on the big screen first but like @stasheroo alluded to earlier, I doubt the managerial forces at FOX have that much creative ingenuity.

Now that I think of it... FOX had an opportunity to showcase another galactic alien empire besides the Shi'ar or Kree with the first Fantastic Four franchise. Of course, the Skrulls may not have even been considered before FOX ended the original FF films with that monstrously stupid Galactus space cloud. :rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

with all the kree action i'd be anxious to see a Nova show up. not the "police" nova but rich ryder. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with all the kree action i'd be anxious to see a Nova show up. not the "police" nova but rich ryder. :)
Not sure how many Guardians movies are planned but I would expect Thanos ‘visit’ to Xandar in AIW might lead to an eventual Ryder appearance. Then again I can see him showing up in a future Captain Marvel sequel too. :starspin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should I stay till the end of the credits?
Yes.
Da.
Aye.
Oui.
Hai.
Si.

All post credits scenes are not the same. Some are plain goofy but a few provide a hint for a future movie. AIW’s is one of those. Maybe the 150-minute runtime influenced my opinion because AIW did hype me up leading up to it. Even so, I consider the latest one the best of all 19 movies because a MAJOR player is on the way...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not sure how many Guardians movies are planned but I would expect Thanos ‘visit’ to Xandar in AIW might lead to an eventual Ryder appearance. Then again I can see him showing up in a future Captain Marvel sequel too. :starspin:
i've got the first run graphic novel when they killed the original capt marvel from cancer.

that was a powerful death that in as much as i know they've not overturned. just made some woman take the reins.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i've got the first run graphic novel when they killed the original capt marvel from cancer.

that was a powerful death that in as much as i know they've not overturned. just made some woman take the reins.
You have the graphic novel? Nice. I have the original comic issue.

The original Captain Marvel did not get the necessary traction from readers. Plus, DC had their own complaint about sharing the character's name. I was a big fan of the Nega Bands hero though and hated that they axed him the way they did. I am getting old but I still believe to this day the original Captain's uniform was the best ever conceived for a comic book character.

My problem with Carol Danvers is not so much that she was remade as Captain Marvel than the fact she started out originally as Ms. Marvel. The character and her stories were okay and I liked Marvel creating a more Earth based substitute of the Captain. Like you, I thought I had seen the last of Captain Marvel when he died but Marvel had other ideas. Plus, they got rid of the Nega Bands and (I believe) his Cosmic Awareness too. I respect the re-imagining of the character and I am very excited about her on-screen future in the MCU but it has taken a little getting used to.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I had a lot of issues with the previous avenger movies because the villain just wasn't enough. They made Ultron much too weak.

This movie blew me away. I was watching with a smile the entire time. Thanos did it right and his main henchmen were on point. All of them put in work.

Overall 9.5/10