Average price of ticket per NFL team

Chasing6

Reaction score
The amount of SRO tickets aren't that many to dent the average price. They may drop it by a few dollars. If that much.

May 1/2 of a % of the total capacity at the most.
Well I believe they were $20 at one point. Not sure what they are currently. Up to 35,000 standing room only tickets would cause a serious dent into average ticket price.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/32285194

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I believe they were $20 at one point. Not sure what they are currently. Up to 35,000 standing room only tickets would cause a serious dent into average ticket price.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/32285194
There is not enough room for 35,000 people to stand. That would be 1/3 of the 90,000 or so seating capacity.

Maybe they claim to get that many in there. As to available space. Kind of like a restaurant or bar has a seating capacity limit for the fire code. Rarely one is ever that full. Every game I was at when I had my season tickets. No way were there 35,000 standing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There is not enough room for 35,000 people to stand. That would be 1/3 of the 90,000 or so seating capacity.

Maybe they claim to get that many in there. Every game I was at when I had my season tickets. No way were there 35,000 standing.
I did not right the article. This one says we had 105,000 fans and 30,000 standing room only.

https://klaq.com/guinness-record-cowboys-stadium/#

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not right the article. This one says we had 105,000 fans and 30,000 standing room only.

https://klaq.com/guinness-record-cowboys-stadium/#
I was at that game. I do know the end zone SRO areas were packed. But I never thought it would be that many. But as the other article said, there are 6 areas. I did not notice those.
However other games I went to there were at most half that amount.

I still do not think that brings down the average that much. And may not have been, probably was not included in that ticket pricing.
But if fans want to use that against Jerry, they will find a way. :laugh:

dogberry

Reaction score
Seat Geek‘s stadium chart shows approximately 3,000 SRO (Standing Room Only?) numbers.

Reasonable, or should I keep diggin?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Houston fans seem to have a good thing going, a steadily improving team and a competitive price for home game tickets. But this year they are coming to Jerryworld to play big boy ball. I have that game circled on the calendar. Dem Boyz would be wise to be prepared for a battle.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can put a number on that? How much does Jerry get from one fan watching the game from home vs how much Jerry gets from a fan attending the game?

In case you're not aware.
Broadcast rights are divided evenly.
Merch sales are divided evenly.
Jerry gets 60% of ticket sales with the rest going into a pot to be divided evenly.
Jerry gets to keep all the concession and parking revenue.

So, yea. In the most technical sense Jerry is supported by me watching on my couch, but so is Lurie and every other owner, regardless of which teams I happen to be watching.

It's ridiculous to even compare the revenue Jerry gets from a single fan watching from home and buying no merch vs a fan who goes to the games and spend his/her money on merchandise.

The amount of "support" Jerry gets from you watching from home is roughly equal to the amount of influence a cow fart has on climate change.
Dude, chill. You said you don’t spend squat and were super proud of it. I guess you got upset when you found out you were wrong.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was at that game. I do know the end zone SRO areas were packed. But I never thought it would be that many. But as the other article said, there are 6 areas. I did not notice those.
However other games I went to there were at most half that amount.

I still do not think that brings down the average that much. And may not have been, probably was not included in that ticket pricing.
But if fans want to use that against Jerry, they will find a way. :laugh:
Jerry’s made some bad decisions but he’s also made a lot of good ones. The haters have to blame someone.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Actually Rock from what I’ve read, SRO tickets are rare at any major sports stadium in the US. Only the Cowboys, Commanders, the rams and Lions have them in the NFL.
Interesting of those 4 teams, 3 are huddled together and only detroit is an outlier...surprisingly.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Average ticket price could too easily be skewed by the availability of really cheap or really expensive tickets on either side of the spectrum.

I would rather see what the median ticket price is.
Honestly, they should probably average in the the price from the secondary market as well...since that's the real price a boatload of people pay to see the game.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Actually Rock from what I’ve read, SRO tickets are rare at any major sports stadium in the US. Only the Cowboys, Commanders, the rams and Lions have them in the NFL.
SRO seats really tell you where the Owner's head is at. The SRO crowds at AT&T really make it difficult to enjoy the stadium's features on the concourses and endzones.

Chasing6

Reaction score
SRO seats really tell you where the Owner's head is at. The SRO crowds at AT&T really make it difficult to enjoy the stadium's features on the concourses and endzones.
Including parking challenges.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm looking at ticket prices to the game against the Panthers. I can drive to that. $190 dollars for nose bleed seats behind the endzone. I wouldn't give you 5 bucks for those seats. Good seats are between 1000-2000 bucks for 2. I'm just clicking on the spot that says "tickets" from the schedule. Is there a better place to find tickers? Or is that it?