Awuzie might be a Stale Cheeto

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis played better than him and it pissed me off that these stupid coaches didn't play lewis more. And move chido to the slot where he was projected to go during the draft anyway. Lewis was the best mirror corner that draft class.
Byron knew he could be traded so he hid the fact that his hip wasn't healed. I would let this play out unless some team needs CB help.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep. The arguments are kinda silly.

One was a 1st rounder, with by far the best measurables and testing, and has played at a pro bowl level and has been the best corner.... yet two of his backups have "way more talent". Lol whatever
And yet, he doesn't. Lewis is far more agile. The argument was about "talent", and Lewis has far more. That doesn't mean he'll live up to it.

The silly argument is stating stuff as facts that are not facts!!!!!

erod

Reaction score
"Cheeto" Awuzie.
He seems like a nice guy.
However, he was not good last year.
He allowed 69 catches on 106 targets for almost 900 yards and five TDs last year. QB rating of almost 100 when targeted
65.1% completion percentage and 13.0 yards per completion.
Source:
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/chidobe-awuzie/
By the end of the season, he was the best player on the defense in the final games.

Watch closer.

cern

Reaction score
I think our d-backs, as a group, will be better this year than last. Kris Richard just needed time to figure out what he had. he should have a much better feel for his situation now than this time a year ago.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And yet, he doesn't. Lewis is far more agile. The argument was about "talent", and Lewis has far more. That doesn't mean he'll live up to it.

The silly argument is stating stuff as facts that are not facts!!!!!
Yet he doesnt..... what?

What makes him have more talent? There's no backing to it.

The silly argument is stating Lewis has more talent as fact when there's nothing to support it. While there are arguments for Byron that I listed. One looks much more silly than the other.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yet he doesnt..... what?

What makes him have more talent? There's no backing to it.

The silly argument is stating Lewis has more talent as fact when there's nothing to support it. While there are arguments for Byron that I listed. One looks much more silly than the other.
Yes, yours does!!!!!!

Talent is defined as ability. The primary ability for a CB is the ability to mirror a WR in his route. Lewis is easily the best we have on the roster at this trait.

Lewis mirrors better, highpoints the ball better, has better hands, better agility, better backpedal, better burst.

Right now, Byron is playing better. That might be because Lewis doesn't play, no way to tell. As I've said, something is wrong here, and I don't know what it is. Maybe Lewis has a major attitude problem or something, I have no idea.

Your stating that Byron is more talented is what has no backing to it. What I've stated is easily looked up and easily seen from college tapes.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
"Cheeto" Awuzie.
He allowed 69 catches on 106 targets for almost 900 yards and five TDs last year. QB rating of almost 100 when targeted
Source:
Some of these stats are blown out of proportion. Many times the CB that is next to the WR who catches the ball is the one who's being penalized, when in some cases it could be zone coverage. IMO Awuzie had some games where he looked better than Byron.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yes, yours does!!!!!!

Talent is defined as ability. The primary ability for a CB is the ability to mirror a WR in his route. Lewis is easily the best we have on the roster at this trait.

Lewis mirrors better, highpoints the ball better, has better hands, better agility, better backpedal, better burst.

Right now, Byron is playing better. That might be because Lewis doesn't play, no way to tell. As I've said, something is wrong here, and I don't know what it is. Maybe Lewis has a major attitude problem or something, I have no idea.

Your stating that Byron is more talented is what has no backing to it. What I've stated is easily looked up and easily seen from college tapes.
Lol everyone reading this sees yours does.

Want to know who gives up less separation between Byron and Lewis?
I'ill give you two guesses.

If Mirroring the WR is the only thing you consider when evaluating talent, then yet again Byron js your answer.

And LMFFFAAOOO at high pointing the ball. Just pulling stuff out of nowhere

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Cheeto" Awuzie.
Source:
Yeah, but they are just numbers by themselves. Let's see what he learned. He wasn't bad by year's end.

pacboyX

Reaction score
If he kid would turn his head and find the football...he might lead the league in INTS. But I got a sneaky suspicions he's being taught to play the man...and not get lost in coverage. It's a skill a real DB coach can teach his players. Find the WR by using your arms to sense where he is @. :rolleyes:

Yea that is extremely frustrating. I am hoping he kinda picks it up as time goes on but I feel a stronger safety presence helps the CBs so much. They tend to be more willing to think about the ball when they are confident in the help.

Number1

Reaction score
"Cheeto" Awuzie.
Source:

I bet he's a better CB coming out of his second camp was a starter, he's good, but lacks killer recovery speed
and MO better when facing the QB than playing inside out with his back to the QB, the opposite of Bryon Jones

Awuzie is a target due to the talent of the other CBs - who would you go after?

I'd move him to FS and start Lewis. Brown, and Jones ... all will be very expensive soon, play them

and I'd still draft a FS capable of playing LCB and RCB, most important a play maker, Thornhill is fine with me
that said there's enough talent in this secondary to literally dominate most games right now, don't under estimate Woods or Awuzie

that said, if the best D play maker on the board is a DE or DT take him

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
A few predictions.

We have the best pair of bookend corners in the league this year. Cheeto turns into a budding star. The team will let Byron go after the season, and we will be fine with Cheeto, Brown, Lewis, and a draft pick either this year or next.