Awuzie might be a Stale Cheeto

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When chido was injured JLewis had no issues. Chido should be playing the slot and AB should be playing as the dime corner. And how do I know this? Because I am a better at evaluating talent than this staff

I doubt very much that you are better than them.

The reason I know this, is because I am better at evaluating talent than you are. :muttley:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hard for me to believe Richards would be that shallow and stupid.

Well a lot of coaches have their templates and they don’t deviate.. I ranted and raved about this during training camp last year...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He was never really given a chance due to necessity. They had talked ab playing him a little, but the Safety position was looking ‘better’ at that time when we had..
Byron at FS, over achiever Heath, a younger Frazier, newly signed Blanton (fail), and draftee Xavier Woods.

Dallas was hurting at CB after losing Claiborne and Carr, had ‘old man’ Scandrick recovering from a knee scope, journeyman Nolan Carrol (fail), and other youngsters Lewis and Marquez White. See they needed talent, and Chido definitely has that. But now that they finally figured out that Byron is a CB, it’s time for them to realize Awuzie is a Safety that can also play CB.

I seem to recall he ended up missing time due to injury. Dude plays hard.. I’ll never forget the way he lit up beast mode on the sideline.. “We came to hit!!”

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I doubt very much that you are better than them.

The reason I know this, is because I am better at evaluating talent than you are. :muttley:
lol you wish. JLewis was a first round talent that fell to the 3rd because of some nut jawn

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not even close. Lewis is our most talented CB, and it's not close. No idea why he doesn't play more.
I don't think he is, just my observation. Lewis struggled I think Richard values Lewis as a better outside corner than slot, but not better than Awuzie. I also think Jones is better than Lewis and we'll see more examples as we move forward. I think his height limits him and he doesn't have the athletic ability to overcome that. It was pretty obvious, specifically when we played Green Bay when Devonte Adams owned him. It happens, I guess, but he did struggle vs. taller WR's.
I will add that a better safety group will help.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think he is, just my observation. Lewis struggled I think Richard values Lewis as a better outside corner than slot, but not better than Awuzie. I also think Jones is better than Lewis and we'll see more examples as we move forward. I think his height limits him and he doesn't have the athletic ability to overcome that. It was pretty obvious, specifically when we played Green Bay when Devonte Adams owned him. It happens, I guess, but he did struggle vs. taller WR's.
I will add that a better safety group will help.
Possibly, but they were comparing talent, not play. Lewis is easily the best at mirroring, intercepting, ruining the WR's rhythm and route, high pointing, and closing. He's seriously got everything except size, and since his arms are extraordinarily long, at least some of the height disadvantage is already made up for. He's also an excellent tackler.

Lewis is an athletic specimen, so I'd say he easily has enough athleticism to overcome.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We can expect to see an improved pass rush this year over what we had in 2018. That, in itself, is most likely to enable improved coverage. It's short sighted to blame certain players for one's perceived faulty coverage. Sometimes, looking at the big picture is far more revealing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I expect to see an improved pass rush this year over what we had in 2018. That, in itself, is likely to promote improved coverage.
Man, Quinn was such an underrated acquisition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This D would take off if we'd add a Khalen Saunders type and an upgrade at S.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Possibly, but they were comparing talent, not play. Lewis is easily the best at mirroring, intercepting, ruining the WR's rhythm and route, high pointing, and closing. He's seriously got everything except size, and since his arms are extraordinarily long, at least some of the height disadvantage is already made up for. He's also an excellent tackler.

Lewis is an athletic specimen, so I'd say he easily has enough athleticism to overcome.
He's got speed, I'll give him that. And I'm a fan of his but there's a reason he got moved and the height issue was glaring. You can't give up big plays like that in the end zone.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We have no seen anything to suggest Lewis is the most "talented" CB on the team. If you go by combine and NFL play, that is Byron Jones.

This Lewis love here is getting really weird.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is 5-10.
Yes, Walter Thurmond, Brandon Browner, Sherman,Kam Chancellor all 6 foot + dudes. Sherman and Brown 6-3, and 6-4 starting corners on that 2013 team and Bam Bam Kam is 6-4. Earl was the exception to the rule.

kskboys

Reaction score
We have no seen anything to suggest Lewis is the most "talented" CB on the team. If you go by combine and NFL play, that is Byron Jones.

This Lewis love here is getting really weird.
No, it's not. Lewis has superior physical traits to Byron. About all Byron can do better than Lewis is jump higher and be taller. And since Lewis is a leaper, not all that different there.

Lewis is better at mirroring, quicker out of the breaks, better lateral agility, he's got it all. The question is why he doesn't play more w/ those physical traits. Maybe he has trouble learning and/or playing w/i the system. That's my guess.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, Walter Thurmond, Brandon Browner, Sherman,Kam Chancellor all 6 foot + dudes. Sherman and Brown 6-3, and 6-4 starting corners on that 2013 team and Bam Bam Kam is 6-4. Earl was the exception to the rule.
Absolutely. So, they had one shorter dude, shows that a shorter dude will play in Richard's secondary if he's good enough.

I simply do not believe Richards is stupid enough to play a less talented dude simply due to height. I think it's something else.

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought he would be further along at this point but I am not willing to close the book on him just yet.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Absolutely. So, they had one shorter dude, shows that a shorter dude will play in Richard's secondary if he's good enough.

I simply do not believe Richards is stupid enough to play a less talented dude simply due to height. I think it's something else.
I do too, but we know he loves the bigger rangy guys. The shorter corners were reserves in Seattle during his time there. I think Lewis got himself in the dog house.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Maybe Richard sees more talent in Awuzie than you? And, I don't remember short corners in Seattle under Richard.

yentl911

Reaction score
By the end of the year I thought he was playing as well as Byron Jones.
At the end of the year he was playing better than Jones

I think I could have played better than Jones down the stretch - he wore down or lost some confidence